Just some questions about my assassin

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Just some questions about my assassin

Post by eastwinds on Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:04 pm

Hello! firstly i am super new. Ive accidently deleted all my chars downloading PlugY (yay) so ill be starting over with the character i was working on.

Ive read all of the builds and guides and really just about everything but I havent found much in the way of anything that would help me or offer a few tips...

basically im playing a throwsin but im not using wychwind or atmg/wyrd
ive tried atmg/maelstrom/ww/broadside and a few other builds but storm crows just seems to have an edge over them with my play style i guess?

ive heard its been nerfed before but i dont really know much about that. what i do know is that what it lacks in range with atmg and maelstrom it makes up for with better targeting and damage (in a lot of situations)

the only real issue i ran into was with finally hitting ubers. I think a lot of it had to do with my gear due to the fact i was building off of various other guides while trying to learn the game myself and nothing was really synching with this build.... is that why storm crows isnt used much? looking for suggestions on gear mos etc that dont revolve around broadside/atmg/wyrd. id like to stay as a throwsin due to the sheer damage it generates while staying relatively safe. also advice on a merc that would work well with this build. ive tried act 5 barb and its amazing with rha rw for necrobot/barb army but they get in the way more often than not and the bloodmage just really isnt all its cracked up to be other than immortal... meh.

as i start over (after i post this actually) ill document my progress through the game utilizing this build without ever using atmg or broadside if i can help it. i hope to get back to where i was rather quickly. thanks in advance to anyone who offers advice =)

eastwinds
Fallen One

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Just some questions about my assassin

Post by Asteroth on Sun Nov 24, 2013 8:27 pm

I feel like you've been left hanging
check out this thread about assassins:
http://www.medianxl.com/t3325-what-s-up-with-assassins

I'm not very experienced with the Sin but my experience with broadside is it's only useful in conjunction with melee gear/skills on switch.
as for alternatives to the mainstream atmg/wyrd builds, i'm afraid i cant offer you much advice.
if you're not happy with a5 merc, try the exemplar (a2). His retaliate and lifeblood are quite strong.

Asteroth
Hardliner

Well-Sourced Debater
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Just some questions about my assassin

Post by eastwinds on Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:28 am

Checked it out a while back and have been following it! Smile nagi seems pretty legit but I can't keep up with the speed haha.
Trying the exemplar.. So far so good. Stays alive mostly. He got crushed a ton by meph but that's expected I guess.
So far I've been sticking with maelstrom one point, wychwind (can't beat meph without it yet :p), and storm crows. Just about to hit level 40 then I'll run k3kba til around 45 then do the tran challenge. About the route I took last time.
Using thul rw double orb balance knife which I'll stick with until I can do quantum or berith for the rest of early game. Armor is TU chain mail for the proc and deadfall because its pretty good. Rest is just random stuff I've found and MO'd mostly for resistance and -enemy res. looking for ancient armor to go queen of glass hopefully. If storm crows just doesn't cut it for me I guess I'll switch to pure nagi if I can get the hang of it and gear properly first.
I know 1 point maelstrom will easily take me through to destructive like last time so I might ride that for now.
Thanks for the help! Always up for useful advice!!

eastwinds
Fallen One

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum