Switching Back To Legit D2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Switching Back To Legit D2

Post by OutsiderXL on Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:40 pm

So it has been a while since I played D2 Legit. Now when I wipe the game after having MXL installed It says "Unable To Identify Version" I have been on the phone with blizzard looked at many support threads and nothing help me get it back to 1.13d. Any help would be great! Thanks

OutsiderXL
Steelfur Titan

TGGood none

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Switching Back To Legit D2

Post by whist on Sun Nov 24, 2013 4:45 am

Just backup any data you would like to keep and do a clean re-install. That's the best way to avoid any kind of problem (and that's not like it takes much more time either)

Last edited by whist on Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:39 am; edited 1 time in total

whist
Nihlathak

Huehuehue™

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by OutsiderXL on Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:22 am

@whist wrote:Just backup any data you will like to keep and do a clean re-install. That's the best way to avoid any kind of problem (and that's not like it takes much more time either)
Thanks for the reply I actually got it to work. I had to switch my Gateways from the Gateway Editor.

OutsiderXL
Steelfur Titan

TGGood none

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by squeabs on Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:07 am

this gateway editor, works but will it cause problems with battle net?
is it detectable or will the median mod be detectable if I have it in a separate folder than the one im on battle.net with?

squeabs
Hungry Dead

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Xplosive on Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:44 am

@squeabs wrote:this gateway editor, works but will it cause problems with battle net?
is it detectable or will the median mod be detectable if I have it in a separate folder than the one im on battle.net with?
Facepalm . Median changes d2patch.mpq entirely . If you are on a realm your d2patch.mpq used in not the Median one or you wouldn;t be able to join any games because of bad inventory data error .

Xplosive
Bloody Butcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by squeabs on Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:17 pm

@Xplosive wrote:
@squeabs wrote:this gateway editor, works but will it cause problems with battle net?
Facepalm . Median changes d2patch.mpq entirely . If you are on a realm your d2patch.mpq used in not the Median one or you wouldn;t be able to join any games because of bad inventory data error .

Yeah I already knew that, I did say I have 2 folders. 1 has median and 1 has legit d2. when I run median I move the legit folder out of programs and into a zip. that way it stays untouched. Then the same thing visa versa.
I am thinking this is safe and bettle net cannot pick up on anything

squeabs
Hungry Dead

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Westville on Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:43 pm

Its a registry issue. I had the same issue and played with the registry enough. It allows you to go from b.net to median without an issue, but vice versa; I forgot the steps I took to resolve it (took me like 3 minutes) I will look to see where i saved it; because I actually typed up a document on how and thought about posting it but it seemed liek only I had the issue.

Westville
Arachnida

Ace of Spades
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum