made my first sorceress

View previous topic View next topic Go down

made my first sorceress

Post by bettyrubble on Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:42 am

she currently is level 34 and just finished mephisto. My build currently is arcane torrent and abyss. will this build be a good build in destruction and if so what gear should I keep eye out for.

bettyrubble
Mahasattva

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: made my first sorceress

Post by Frostbite on Sun Nov 24, 2013 12:20 pm

@bettyrubble wrote:she currently is level 34 and just finished mephisto. My build currently is arcane torrent and abyss. will this build be a good build in destruction and if so what gear should I keep eye out for.
Yeah, Abyss does some good damage and hits each frame, so it's damage potential is pretty big Smile I liked it better in classic MXL when it had a smaller radius and was easier to aim, but it's still one of the best spells. There is a nice guide about a fire-cold sorceress which lists the damage of spells end-game: http://www.medianxl.com/t456-v6e-tanya-the-sorceress

I prefer poison-cold, though. I usually use rare/crafted stuff with skills, spell damage, energy factor and enemy resistance pierce, focusing mostly on one element (cold).

Frostbite
Jungle Hunter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by grimjerk on Sun Nov 24, 2013 1:35 pm

You really need a second element. Arcane torrent has ND and does not benefit from spell damage or energy factor. I think you will find the damage disapointing in the later stages of the game.

Fire is also a great option ala Marco's Tanya guide. You are only investing in the first two skills of the tree so no wasted skill points. As Marco has said many times, Living Flame is absolutely Godly later in the game and FF is a point blank Boss Stomper.

Personally I am too lazy to aim Abyss so the way I use it is to rapidly cast a string of them in more or less a straight line.

Each of the cold offensive skills has its pros/cons. StF: big damage, crowd control/requires corpses. FS: big damage at and directly around point of impact, precisely aimed/smallish effect area. Abyss; EPIC damage potential/difficult to aim, mana hog.

grimjerk
Prince Albrecht

Grumpy Uncle Grimjerk knows best!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RollsRoyce on Sun Nov 24, 2013 1:56 pm

arcane torrent dmg is high but still not enough Very Happy

RollsRoyce
The Smith

롤스로이스 ☆☆☆☆
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by wow123400 on Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:20 pm

You gonna need a 3rd element,since later monster immunity are gonna go crazy,if you feel lazy to cast too many spells,pick poison or lighting for the auto attack skill(Nova Charge/Hive),then go focus on those element you choose and %mana since you like arcane torrent

wow123400
Malthael

High Posting Cookie Monster
TGGood 100

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Metalistas on Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:50 pm

For the most areas (all five acts and their bosses - the flamefront, abyss, arcane torrent and ice elementals are enough). With those skills you can do destruction Baal and farm sucessfully. Check Marco's guide (his equipment suggestions are great), also check the available sets. Some thoughts are here - http://www.medianxl.com/t1613p20-mxl-miniguides-compilation-3-post-your-own#77081
Main problem are those immunes to cold/fire. But those are rare enough. In most cases your main atacks skills kill other mobs around so fast, and the left overs are busy fighting your icy summons, you can aproach and use arnace torrent safely. Those ubers that have no cold immunity will melt in abyss, those who got heroic shield will be hard for all types.

Arcane torrent has ND and does not benefit from spell damage or energy factor. I think you will find the damage disapointing in the later stages of the game.
I don't think arcane torrent has Next Delay. And when you get mana to +25.000 - damage is good. Not comparing with the greatness of abyss, but you kill neon fiends with arcane torrent quite fast.

Metalistas
Goliath

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by grimjerk on Sun Nov 24, 2013 8:05 pm

According to the current WDM/ND table, the 5th and 6th columns, some aspect of Arcane Torrent designated "mercbolt" has a ND of 3.

grimjerk
Prince Albrecht

Grumpy Uncle Grimjerk knows best!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum