your honest opinions on the mod and such.

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

your honest opinions on the mod and such.

Post by PhoenixRising on Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:58 pm

hey folks. I was driving earlier today, uphill to be exact, and began wondering: if i could improve anything in general Median XL, as that is the mod i mainly play, what would i do then?

first thing first: Smoother progression of challenges. Having a lvl 5 challenge, then a 50 challenge, then a 90 challenge and then the various übers seemed a bit of a jump to me. perhaps include a challenge further down?

a more logical item requirement: Being an amazon using mainly bow, sometimes 2h swords, i realized: i have absolutely no need for any sort of STR pure dmg wise, but only take it for the requirement to items. Perhaps add something like: Silken vest: Dex requirement: none, but when your dex increases, so does your armor rating. The different tiers up to Sacred would then represent the vest becoming lighter and lighter, affecting movement ( ability to dodge / get hit) less and less, increasing the defense. Basically like this:

T1: Dex effectiveness 5 %
T2: 10 %
T3: 15 %
T4: 20 %
T5: 25 %
T6: 30 %
Sacred: 50 %.

it would have a base armor rating on all tiers, increasing as tiers increase ( like normal). The oly difference is, the armor rating would be a bit lower, and it would increase with Dex ( like on Bows, the bow becomes better as the Dex increases).

item progression: Having a 1xx-2xx dex req on a tier 6 bow, only to have it increase with 200 as soon as it hits sacred.... i mean, how the hell am i supposed to get that shit without MO'ing everything with + Dex ?Very Happy

PhoenixRising
Heretic

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: your honest opinions on the mod and such.

Post by IntelBG on Sun Nov 24, 2013 3:06 pm

You don't need to MO anything to reach req of certain item.With your example "amazon" you need few points in str to wear some of your gear and everything goes in dex,it's simple as that.Also focus getting your charms with % to all attributes and signets.

IntelBG
Gloom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Metalistas on Sun Nov 24, 2013 3:34 pm

Yes, game is too hard. Change it.

Metalistas
Goliath

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PhoenixRising on Sun Nov 24, 2013 4:27 pm

it's not because the game is too hard man, it's really not. Unless you feel like you dont like your hair and wanna pull it out trying to do Laz ûber....

what i am trying to make a clear point of, is this: Strenght stat on characters that have no need for it, is a nuisance. Example: Sorc, Amazon, Necro that is not going Melee....

what i am secondly attempting to make a point of is this: The general gameplay of the mod is good, but the whole challenge system is really really weird... You have a challenge at lvl 5 = awesome, start out getting bitchslapped. Then it takes 45 levels before you can do the next. Then it takes another 30-40 Levels before there is one more and then 30 levels before the next again. i dont know about you guys, but unless you're running a Barrage Ama ( which in my opinion is horribly OP), then 30 levels is a whole lot of time... and 45 is even more so.....

this is not a "this game is too hard, fix it"... its merely a "perhaps it would be a good idea to add something in between stuff"....

PhoenixRising
Heretic

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by grimjerk on Sun Nov 24, 2013 4:35 pm

Really, everyone gets screwed the first time they try the LC0, but once you have figured it out it really isn't a challenge. It could be done by a decent driver with the standard attack.

grimjerk
Prince Albrecht

Grumpy Uncle Grimjerk knows best!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Metalistas on Sun Nov 24, 2013 5:33 pm

Macro, please, add something in between the stuff.

Metalistas
Goliath

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PhoenixRising on Sun Nov 24, 2013 5:43 pm

Stuff
------
stuff....

i think i managed to make a decent template for him....

PhoenixRising
Heretic

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by wow123400 on Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:15 pm

Marco and whist are making a different mod,it might not even called sigma,that's lots of work already,gonna take both of them probably 100 years,so....just give them kids a break Nope 2 

wow123400
Malthael

High Posting Cookie Monster
TGGood 100

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by IntelBG on Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:25 pm

@PhoenixRising wrote:it's not because the game is too hard man, it's really not. Unless you feel like you dont like your hair and wanna pull it out trying to do Laz ûber....

what i am trying to make a clear point of, is this: Strenght stat on characters that have no need for it, is a nuisance. Example: Sorc, Amazon, Necro that is not going Melee....

what i am secondly attempting to make a point of is this: The general gameplay of the mod is good, but the whole challenge system is really really weird... You have a challenge at lvl 5 = awesome, start out getting bitchslapped. Then it takes 45 levels before you can do the next. Then it takes another 30-40 Levels before there is one more and then 30 levels before the next again. i dont know about you guys, but unless you're running a Barrage Ama ( which in my opinion is horribly OP), then 30 levels is a whole lot of time... and 45 is even more so.....

this is not a "this game is too hard, fix it"... its merely a "perhaps it would be a good idea to add something in between stuff"....
It will be pointless if given item for a certain char req only his/her main stat to wear it ... In real life to wear your equipment and gear like soldiers for example you have to be in good physical condition.Basically you need few points in str in order to be strong enough to wear your stuff ^^

IntelBG
Gloom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Metalistas on Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:58 pm

Then why cows don't drop milk ?

Metalistas
Goliath

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum