Life Leech problems

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Life Leech problems

Post by kanadaj on Thu Nov 28, 2013 6:51 pm

So I have like 50% life stolen per hit on my Assassin, but it's doing mostly nothing. Without my 150 life on melee strike, I can't replenish my life at all (not to mention that 150 life on melee seems to be a bit unreliable, and dont seem to work with QoB or Crucify). Any idea why it's like this? I think with my gear I should be able to sustain waaay more than I do right now >_<

I'm using a Crucify based build, with maxed PB, WotP and SR. I'm level 101-ish, with the following gear:
LL maxed on Character Orb
Weapon: T6 Unique Naginata with maxed Life on Melee MOs and some LL
Helmet: Lantern Rouge
Body Armor: Carmen Arvale
Belt: Dragon Tail
Gloves: Featherclaw
Boots: Death Spurs
Amulet: Rare with 5% Doom ctc and 45 TTAD
Rings: (trying to get new ones)
Rare ring with str for gear, resists, damage reduction, defense
Ring of Disengagement MOd with str, DR, Defense

I used to use a Wormtongue so LL summed up to 50%+, but didn't really do anything...

kanadaj
Darkwarden

View user profile http://winmagazin.blog.hu

Back to top Go down

Re: Life Leech problems

Post by Sexen on Thu Nov 28, 2013 9:56 pm

Leech is penalized as you go up in difficulty.

Hatred : 1/4 penalty
Terror: 1/13.333
Destruction: 1/65

So 65% leech will give you 1% leech on destruction. You simply don't have enough leech.

Change your body armour to jitans kamon for a melee sin. Also if you really want leech change your helm to TU diadem. If you have any room left on your weapon MO it with life after kill. These steps will increase your damage/survivability.

Sexen
Howling Spirit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kanadaj on Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:47 pm

LAK doesn't really help with biggies :DAlso, the gear description is outdated, running on Dragonheart armor, Abandon gloves, Empyrian ring+Disengagement, chasm boots (going to replace it though, I skipped the part in the documentation when building that I need to farm dest ubers to get gear to be able to farm them ^^)

LL didn't really show up on Hatred either, tho I didn't know you had 1/4 penalty there.

Does Jitan's even give enough def for destruction? :DI'm running on 60-65k right now, still pretty squishy. They have like 25-30% hit rate against me on act 1, and hit for 25% of my life :/ It's not that bad in melee, but extremely bad against magic attacks - I want to change for dual claws+bloodbath later, but that needs way more dex than what I have imo

kanadaj
Darkwarden

Back to top Go down

Post by Quirinus on Sun Dec 01, 2013 3:24 pm

The answer is in the docs --> FAQ --> LFAQ

Obviously, qob isnt melee, nor are the crucify missiles. Life on melee hit works only for the one original melee hit, so once every time you swing a weapon in melee and hit something.

And, as said above, life leech % is reduced on each higher difficulty.

Stuff that hits multiple times is good for leech and life on striking, you can check what attack carry what effect if you search for 'missile' in the lfaq.

60k def is waaaayyy too low for destruction difficulty. Though i guess assassin is the char on which def is a lot less important than other chars.

Quirinus
Creature of Flame

Bloody High Five
TGGood none

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sexen on Sun Dec 01, 2013 3:44 pm

Maxed perfect being and 60k defense should be fine for the normal areas. I never have much defense on my assassins. If magic is what is damaging you I suggest perfect bloodstone/onxy/amber/turquoise in all gear except for weapon to increase your max resists. 5 of each will bring it to 85 which will help big time.

I always wear jitan's until I get a sots (dunno if new items have better options) or I put on a full set. The flat damage/%dr/procs all are great modifiers for the assassin. More %dr the less points needed in shadow refuge. Also the singularity on death can be abused to make you a suicide bomber (although its cheesy). Flat rainbow damage is great as that's what your damage is on an assassin and I hope you have been getting -% resists.

Sexen
Howling Spirit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kanadaj on Sun Dec 01, 2013 6:56 pm

Too bad I can't afford to put PGs into my armor, need a huge amount of -req atm :/ My armor needs 600 str without the jewels - those Str requirements are crazy... Maybe I'm just doing something wrong ^^

And yea, I run with -100% Enemy Fire Resist, since all my CTCs are fire based atm. Whenever I move a finger, fireballs, pillars of fire and fiery blades are flying everywhere. Not sure if Beacon deals fire or raw magic/physical damage.

Also, why are all the damn guides saying Crucify projectiles and QoB proc CTC and LoH? Very Happy

kanadaj
Darkwarden

Back to top Go down

Post by Sexen on Sun Dec 01, 2013 7:23 pm

It does. Life on striking in melee is the modifier that will not work on QoB. If you changed your armour to jitans you wouldn't need 600 str Razz

Beacon does some fire damage but the real damage comes from the nuclear gamma field after the explosion. You should also max way of the serpent. Poison damage is the best damage in the game. -100 on poison and fire with both ways maxed will make your damage skyrocket. Procs are nice but those you listed aren't going to be used really once your character is "end game" material.

Look at the last page of the screenshot thread. I just posted some pics of me getting the book of lies and my defense is a crappy 25k.

Edited: Crucify only uses the life on striking in melee on the swings. The crucify spikes do not carry the modifier.

Sexen
Howling Spirit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kanadaj on Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:16 pm

Wow... But your damage is awesome by itself... How did you get that much? O_O also, what is your weapon, and what is it socketed with?

kanadaj
Darkwarden

Back to top Go down

Post by Sexen on Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:30 pm

The damage is actually low because I am a hybrid. I have only 1 point in laser blade but a good naginata sin should try and max it. Also way of the serpent gives tons of damage, that's why I suggested maxing it. This character is actually not as good as it could be, but I'm being lazy and not doing much item farming (yet) I am using all TU's and the weapon is a tu nagi(6) socketed with 6x perfect rainbow stones.

Sexen
Howling Spirit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kanadaj on Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:10 pm

Ok now I feel bad for being this weak while having so many relatively strong items xD I can't imagine how you can survive with that life and defense though :/ You are using a nagi so no claw block for you, and also low def -.- Your resistances are crazy high though, everything socketed with +res PGs eh?

kanadaj
Darkwarden

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum