Resists not working? new in Terror

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Resists not working? new in Terror

Post by Kato on Sun Dec 01, 2013 3:44 am

I just got my bowazon into Terror. I go into the B.Moor and find my life is dropping fast. Life bulb is green and I can see all the darts from the annoying rats flying about.
I check my resists, all are 75%.

How come? Is there a bug?

Kato
Core Lord

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Resists not working? new in Terror

Post by Sexen on Sun Dec 01, 2013 3:57 am

Did you do the anya quest? If so did you cube it with the sunstone of the elements or did you just right click it?

Terror is basically the end of the normal game and destruction is all uber. Try using perfect bloodstone/onyx/amber/turquoise in your gear (except weapon) to increase your max resists. Those poison needles also do physical damage so I'm compelled to ask what is your defense and damage reduction looking like?

Sexen
Howling Spirit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kato on Sun Dec 01, 2013 4:03 am

Yes I did do Anya and cubed the scroll. My resists show as 75% in terror and when I add them up manually it's about 130% including the charm.

I think this may be the spines themselves, but not sure. In the Den the Trap Rats are also a problem and I don't think they're poisoning me. Is the damage upped that much in Terror?
If it is, I'm in trouble cos I'm following the bowzon guide, using the TU Stag Bow already upped to level 5 with the Hive quiver, so I don't have much more I can do.

I just found that I'm running - I may have pressed the R key by mistake, I'll check that. Will also try your suggestion on upping max resists if I'm still struggling.

If it is due to running, it makes it unlikely that I'll be using Ecstatic frenzy any time soon since it also sets def = 0. Sad

Kato
Core Lord

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sexen on Sun Dec 01, 2013 4:14 am

Trap rats do physical damage as well. Walking will help if you are trying to tank either of the above monsters. I've always disliked estatic frenzy for the defense =0 modifier. I didn't read your guide but points in balance and MO'ing your gear to 350% enhanced defense and possibly total character defense will help your survivability vs weapon damage based monsters. Yes terror is a big increase from hatred and destruction jumps even further. What is your exact defense value?

Sexen
Howling Spirit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Walking

Post by Kato on Sun Dec 01, 2013 4:15 am

Ok I'm still having problems now I'm definitely walking.

The only other thing I'm wondering is if I'm too low level? I just turned 60.

EDIT: Just saw question above. Defence = 1048.

Last edited by Kato on Sun Dec 01, 2013 4:16 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added defence info)

Kato
Core Lord

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sexen on Sun Dec 01, 2013 4:21 am

Yes level 60 is kinda low if you aren't deeply knowledgeable about this mod. Your defense is absolutely horrible and I wonder how you completed the level challenge 1 lol. 10k defense allows you to tank tran athula so I kinda assumed you had at least that much. Use my above suggestions for increasing your defense because that is where your issue lies. Try to get your defense up to no less than 15k (still low) before you attempt terror. That or get used to body recovery Razz

Sexen
Howling Spirit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kato on Sun Dec 01, 2013 4:26 am

Hehe ok cool, thanks for your help. And yes Tran Athula was a real pain I had to shoot and run al the time, it took hours to do all 3.

Thx again Smile

Kato
Core Lord

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kato on Sun Dec 01, 2013 5:28 am

Before using MOs and skills to up defence I looked at uptiering the uniques I have.
I did the bow already, obviously, but left armours alone cos of strength reqt when upped. At tier 6 they need about 250+ str to wear them. All the guides say to leave str low, so how do people up their armour?

Or do they not bother?

Kato
Core Lord

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sexen on Sun Dec 01, 2013 5:57 am

Yes you need to upteir all of your equipment. -requirement jewels and lah/tal runes will help you get the required strength. The idea is to put as little str as possible but early game it is unavoidable. As you get closer to the end game you begin to get charms and such that will boost all your stats and make you require less and less strength. Very end game you will put every point in dexterity in most cases. The marco bowzon guide is more for an end game character with gear suggestions for early game to get there. The guide is under the assumption that it isn't your first character I believe as most of the end game items in the guide are pretty rare.

Sexen
Howling Spirit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kato on Sun Dec 01, 2013 3:06 pm

Do you have a link to the marco bowzon guide?

I've been using the guides in the forums but there isn't a marco one. I get the impression that there was some kind of forum crash in the past and posts were lost without backup. Not sure if some people have copies somewhere.

Kato
Core Lord

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum