[v6d] Wyrdsin

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

[v6d] Wyrdsin

Post by Prestoned on Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:06 pm

The Wyrd Sin

Hey this is my first guide i've ever wrote for Median XL. It's not extremelly original and perhaps some of you have tried similar builds to this before. This is just how i personally do it with the latest version, Ultimative. I mostly use this character to farm fauztinville. If you want to farm other ubers with your sin it's very easy to respec to broadside sin and equip a different shield. This is a lulzy build I originally heard about from Mert but I've refined it to my own tastes and think this is really solid.

I'm not going to tell you how to kill every uber with this build, There is a guide for that already. This is mostly an end game build, it requires late game things and could never use such things throughout leveling. However, I do Recommend The ATMG sin Guide buy RollsRoyce for leveling his is very well done mine is just end game point of view and you want to try something different.

Stats:
Strength-enough for gear
Dexterity-All
Vitality-none
Energy-none

It's fairly obvious why we do this. In order to reach 75% chance to block with this runeword shield you will need a HUGE amount of dex and you probably won't reach max block if you aren't fully signetted and have the marksman project boots.

Skills

This is a pretty basic setup. You can choose to max Way of the Spider or not it's not exactly NEEDED in this build due to weapon procs but it doesn't hurt either.
Skillplan Wyrd Sin (Assassin, 2012 v005)

You main skill is as you guessed it, Wyrd. We take one pointers where needed. It's extremely basic maxing most passive skills on a sin.

Gear

As I mentioned before this is not an early game build. I will list late game options for gear.

The Weapon

My prefered weapon at the moment is the poison/poison secret runeword knife. It's best to use a double orb balanced knife for most damage. So to do this you need to first get the two poison runes from act 3 sewers. Then prepare the knife, cube it with a rune and catalyst of destruction to make it grey. Then cube it twice with oil of enhancement to upgrade the item quality to superior. Now you want to give it double orb effects, in order to do this you need to have at around 500,000ish gold. Buy alot of oil of renewels and alot of "+999 to i have no life because i own 6 sha'ad" orbs. Reroll your knife with renewel oils until you have at least 40% enhanced damage. Everytime you achieve this you need to cube it with the i have no life orb which has 2% chance to grant the item double orb effects. So if you cube the knife with the orb and the only stat that changes is "adds 2 to required level" then it failed double orb bonus and you need to cube it with the renewel oil again. Once you get double orb effects cube the knife with oil of luck and it should now have 90-100% enhanced damage. Finally orb the knife up to 350% enhanced damage just remember that the secret runes are level 100 so you have 20 level space which means you can cube the item with 1 sha'ad orb and then 9 enhanced damage orbs or it might only be 8 or even 7 depending on the base enhanced damage you goton it with lucky upgrade. We then reach 350% enhanced damage on the weapon before the runeword. I shouldn't have to explain the stats or procs on the knife to you. Our shield has an oskill for one proc and the sin has a skill for the other naturally.

A good alternative and the original weapon in the build is a Judge RW in blade talons using the same double orb effects. I still prefer this knife right now though.

The Shield.

This is kind of the core of the build, it gives the hades gate proc. When you make the runeword you will want to use 5x innarius rock jewels. If you don't have them then you could also use zakarum stoning rock jewels. I prefer the innarius rock for time strike on striking.

The Helm

Anybody who's used this knows what it is and what it does. The proc is really just perfect in our build so is path of flames. You can socket it anyway you'd like it. Personally i like zakarum stoning rocks or innarius rocks. The picture has 2 lums and 2 lifesteal/magic find crafted jewels. If you can get this helm you could use auhe belt to get path of flames oSkill. You could use alot of different helms as alternatives rather it be a Royal circlet or pestilence.

The Armor

I use Segnitia SSSU field plate. Just read the stats on this thing it's beautiful. Socket it the same way, innarius or zakarum stoning rocks. Some good alternatives would be Ultimative armor, Sots, CFH set.

The Gloves

Right now i'm using SSSU leather gloves demonic touch. They synergize with the helm so well it's honestly OP. You could also use SSSU heavy gloves, gulags friendzy. or facebreakers. If you use facebreakers socket 4 IO runes or Pamethysts.

The Boots

Basically you will REALLY want these boots in this build. You will need to collect 9 marksman eyes unique mystic orbs for these. Find boots and give them zomg recipe. then craft 8% dex and bless them insert umos. it's actually really simple.

The Belt

Right now i'm using Dementia. Honestly doesn't fit the build too well I just haven't changed it. Embarassed Tu6 Heavy belt would be perfect as well. You could use Liliths temptation, If you're wanting max block more you could use a dex craft or FIRE/FIRE secret runeword belt. or Black Void SSSU heavy belt if you wanted to as well. I socketed mine with one atomus jewel and one suicide note jewel

On Switch Weapon

What other choice is there really then SU Naginata? If you don't have one get one. Otherwise any naginata or claw will work on switch we mostly use the on switch side to activate shadow refuge for damage reduced but with the nagi you can stay on that side for a minute proc'ing like a madman and it just works well with hades gate when you switch back. You should socket it of course with Jah or Sha'ad

Rings and amulets are really just choice. Make sure you orb enough Wyrd orbs to get the .2 second lockout on wyrd though is really the most important part.

This build is good for uber levels packed with mobs. I wouldn't recommend taking it to duncraig. If there's ubers you need to beat but can't with wyrd/hades gate which you will run into alot it's not designed for boss killing. However By simply respecing and maxing broadside instead of queen of blades you can really do any uber level using broadside and that knife. Just make sure you use a different shield. I really like SSSU bladed shield with broadside. Eternal bodyguard is awesome too.

The playstyle is really simple just spam wyrd and let the procs do everything for you. If you want to regain control and stop the hades gate procs simply switch to the nagi, use shadow refuge once and blade barrier everything to death.

This build once again is best suited for fauztinville. if you want to literally FARM vizjun for cotws or something like that you could do that as well. It also is great in tran athula.

Stats

I don't have time right now to make a new video so here is some plugy character stats of what you will have with your own sin with this build.

She will have pierce similar to this depending on how your orbed your gear etc
-125 enemy fire
-80 enemy lightning
-80 enemy cold
-70 enemy poison

She should also have about 38% crushing blow. To achieve more you can either use your orb space in your knife, which won't hurt the damage is so high anyways or you can get 19% or so more from the sleep charm.

You can of course orb some gear to reach -100 enemy light although it's not needed.

Last edited by Prestoned on Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:29 pm; edited 3 times in total
Prestoned
Ancient Fungus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [v6d] Wyrdsin

Post by DDraabe on Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:35 pm

how long did it take to get duel orb, good base ed and lucky ?
DDraabe
Steelfur Titan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Prestoned on Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:58 pm

@DDraabe wrote:how long did it take to get duel orb, good base ed and lucky ?

20-30 minutes
Prestoned
Ancient Fungus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Homm on Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:23 pm

wait chuck cheated? My whole life is a lie... how?
Homm
Ancient Fungus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DDraabe on Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:05 pm

@Prestoned wrote:

20-30 minutes

Only 20-30 min Sad done it longer then that and no duel orb effekt.. 60 ed + lucky is easy..
DDraabe
Steelfur Titan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by stoya on Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:20 pm

try to luck up later than shaad orb recipe... if double orb works lucky up %100 works...
stoya
Darkwarden

do some research LOL

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Prestoned on Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:59 pm

@DDraabe wrote:
@Prestoned wrote:

20-30 minutes

Only 20-30 min Sad done it longer then that and no duel orb effekt.. 60 ed + lucky is easy..

ya like stoya said, you get double orb FIRST, THEN lucky it, THEN orb it with ED. should have around 90% enhanced damage before you even start to put orbs in it Very Happy Btw i hope you're using a balanced knife the difference in damage is pretty good
Prestoned
Ancient Fungus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MarcoNecroX on Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:44 pm

Alright, cleared the guide from the very first comments

Cheers!

Malthael

Führer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SandieOria on Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:59 am

Hey, I'm using your guide right now (For leveling....) I know you said this is probably not the -best- idea as its for late game use, but I find it really fun early game. I have a few questions I like to ask about it....

- What good orbs to have with wyrd besides the benefits of -enemy resist and %poison,lightning,fire,cold dmg?

- Does wyrd go good with 'Life steal, life on strike... etc' ? Yes, it does work with life steal, which I'm really happy with, keeps me alive in HC.

- Does Wyrd proc striking effects? That will probably answer my first question, like striking on weapon. No, it does not trigger striking effects sadly.... :_(

- Which effects does Wyrd Proc? Example: - monster defense per hit

I really don't know much of diablo 2, I started HC and I reached to the top three with my sorceress as I'm a caster, I can't tell if Wyrd is a casting spell or a striking spell as it doesn't do magic damage.....

Edit: I know I'm really stupid for asking these questions, but I'm having a lot of fun with the build on HC, it's easy to use, so simple also... Wyrd + Way of the spider + Blink.... What more is there? Thumbs up on your build, I love it.
SandieOria
Steelfur Titan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by stoya on Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:03 pm

@sandie : i am %100 sure wryd trigger ON STRIKING procs otherwise there wont be char called -> judgesin Smile wryd wryd and jerk around with thunder hammeringzzzzzz + wyrd carry your wep dmg so useless for casters and works with evert wdm shits like , procs LL itd etc etc

well btw ask anything you want mate Smile btw i saw you play HC in this uber lag, awesome job...
stoya
Darkwarden

do some research LOL

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: