Amazon only bow "Herald of Skartara" gives +skill level to Druid's only skill "Elfin arrows"

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Amazon only bow "Herald of Skartara" gives +skill level to Druid's only skill "Elfin arrows"

Post by drakedog on Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:19 pm

Amazon bow Herald of Skartara give +N to Druid's skill Elfin arrows. Is this a bug or some kind of bad joke? Amazons neither have Elfin arrows, nor such oskill. Considering that all +skills on items are softpoints and only increase hard points that players already learned, means that amazons don't recieve anything at all from this "+(9 to 10) to Elfin Weapons"
Am i missing something? Can druids equip that unique ama bow or what?

Bow's properties:
Herald of Skartara
Reflex Bow (5)
Two-Hand Damage: (358-407) to (524-595)
(Amazon Only)
Required Dexterity: 414
Required Level: 48
4% Chance to cast level 11 Phalanx when you Kill an Enemy
4% Chance to cast level 11 Celerity when you Kill an Enemy
+(221 to 260)% Enhanced damage
35% Increased Attack Speed
Adds (111-130)-(181-210) damage
+(9 to 10) to Elfin Weapons
(31 to 35)% Chance of Uninterruptable Attack
(111 to 130)% Extra Gold from Monsters
Socketed: 5

drakedog
Fallen One

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Amazon only bow "Herald of Skartara" gives +skill level to Druid's only skill "Elfin arrows"

Post by grimjerk on Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:57 pm

All the amazon gets out of the deal is the crushing blow which is affected by soft point.

grimjerk
Prince Albrecht

Grumpy Uncle Grimjerk knows best!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Amazon only bow "Herald of Skartara" gives +skill level to Druid's only skill "Elfin arrows"

Post by Quirinus on Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:13 pm

If you dont have the skill, it gives one hard point in it (unless it says "class-only" and you arent that class, but this is not the case here). As soon as you have one hard point, you gain benefits from soft points (+skills).

So you get the base bonuses from elfin and all elfin bonuses that scale with all skills.

Quirinus
Creature of Flame

Bloody High Five
TGGood none

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by grimjerk on Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:17 pm

Yeah, what he said. I forgot about the one hard point part.

grimjerk
Prince Albrecht

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by drakedog on Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:32 pm

Thank both of you for a quick answeres and help in understanding somewhat "hidden" mechanic! Appreciate that.
So, if i understood correctly this bow adds me this passive from scratch and then adds its +to skill level. What will be my final bonus to Elfin Arrows considering i have only this bow equiped and don't have any +to all skills from any other items? +9?

drakedog
Fallen One

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by grimjerk on Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:43 pm

Or ten if you roll a "perfect" one. Plus skills are easy enough to come by. +2 skill ammys have a rlvl of 31 or 32 and +1 skill rings have a rlvl of 30. You will practically trip over rare jewelry with +skills

grimjerk
Prince Albrecht

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MarcoNecroX on Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:27 pm

+x to certain skill never counts as hard point

MarcoNecroX
Malthael

Führer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Quirinus on Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:05 pm

I guess you know better.
But I have a pretty strong memory of it being discussed somewhere and people coming to the conclusion that it gives the base hard point stats if you don't have the skill.

Quirinus
Creature of Flame

Bloody High Five
TGGood none

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MarcoNecroX on Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:06 pm

nope

MarcoNecroX
Malthael

Führer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Deak2112 on Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:02 pm

@MarcoNecroX wrote:nope

You're right (Obviously). This is why blink has a 5 sec timer when it's an oskill. 1 hard point in blink for the assassin gives it 4.X (not sure exactly) spell timer.

As to the OP, I wondered the same type of thing when I saw the sorc melee set has moon queen as an oskill. Moon queen is a passive that adds damage to javelin attacks. It was weird since the melee sorc uses a sword but moon queen also increases attack speed so I assumed that was the benefit she was getting from it.

Deak2112
Onyx Knight

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum