Question regarding Median XL vs Ultimative

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Question regarding Median XL vs Ultimative

Post by Pawncey on Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:54 pm

Good afternoon, gents. I've recently started playing XL again and I just finished getting my first character to 120 (barb) and I'm now starting to look towards uberlevels (still farming kurast 3k for sacred sets/uniques), and I'm still working on TBR challenge for him with only the faut challenge remaining.
I guess I could be considered a noob to median to a point since I haven't done jack shit in destruction.

Thing is, I only just now discovered Ultimative even existed and I'm really tempted to start playing that, but from what I can tell there is no way to keep the shared stash from PlugY or the characters from XL so I would have to start completely over and level a new character which is the shit I literally just finished.

I'm wondering what peoples opinions are. Should I keep on keeping on with XL? Are there really that many changes in Ultimative to make restarting worth it?
Or do I just say screw it and start over fresh, getting rid of the 120 barb and the pages of random gear/runes i've collected in my current plugy stash?

Pawncey
Fallen One

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Question regarding Median XL vs Ultimative

Post by MarcoNecroX on Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:56 pm

the more you wait, the more you will loose when switching

MarcoNecroX
Malthael

Führer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Quirinus on Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:10 pm

Yes, theres a lot more items, cube recipes, uberlevels, mechanics... etc.
Just getting to lvl 120 is nothing. The real game starts when you start doing ubers. Switch now when you can. Some of the items from the shared stash might work, but i wouldnt hold my breath, its better to just start over.

For terror fauz just get lots of defense (dont know how much, but over 800k should probably do it) and get an xi rw in a war hammer to freeze everything. If youre still having problems there you can try snake stance with 50% slow and synergy in eagle stance for poison dmg.

Quirinus
Creature of Flame

Bloody High Five
TGGood none

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Soponator on Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:12 pm

Look at it as if you started playing Realm right before the ladder reset. Tough luck... you still have learned a bunch.

Soponator
Baal

Hairy Ass Argentinian
TGGood 125

View user profile http://www.medianxl.com/t4645-bienvenidos-al-foro-oficial-de-med

Back to top Go down

Post by Quirinus on Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:17 pm

@Soponator wrote:Look at it as if you started playing Realm right before the ladder reset. Tough luck... you still have learned a bunch.

Hes not playing on realm. Theres no median xl realm associated with this forum (only ultimative), plus he said plugy.xD

But yea, playing on realm is great for newbies, minus plugy.

Quirinus
Creature of Flame

Bloody High Five
TGGood none

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by axios on Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:21 pm

@Quirinus wrote:
But yea, playing on realm is great for newbies, minus plugy.
yes,I've always found tcows educative.

axios
Slain Soul

weaK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Quirinus on Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:27 pm

Lol. Yea, avoid public cows and similar stuff if you want to lear the game faster. xD

Quirinus
Creature of Flame

Bloody High Five
TGGood none

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by zaphodbrx on Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:26 pm

There is nothing wrong with playing classic. It's Laz's original game after all.
Don't get me wrong, I like ultimative, but only to an extent. I deeply disagree with some of the stylistic changes there.

zaphodbrx
Bane Hunter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sexen on Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:12 am

No equipment (any), charms, jewels, or umo's can be transferred between the two versions. When I say any equipment I mean any. Not even the starter gear you get when you create a character can be xferred.

That being said, chances are anything you have accumulated is not worth much anyways. Being as you haven't done shit in destruction, it is highly unlikely you have accumulated any i121 uniques yet. Sets are easily refound if you have found any so far. If you ever plan to make the switch, as the others stated, nows the time. Ultimative is a sort of expansion pack for mxl as it adds a bunch of content. Some gfx have been altered like lorenado ( skill is way better though) for the worse but majority of the changes are for the better. Marco has been playing this mod (as a pro) for quite a few years now, and has tried to retain lazbro's balance and vision. I've played since early 2009 and I prefer ultimative. 

Only thing that baffels me is why a naked sin needed such a buff  Scratch

Sexen
Howling Spirit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Will on Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:02 am

Haha. Very informative! Cookie 4 you!

Will
Talic

Mr. Generosity/Former Forumer & Freak :)
TGBest Transferred

View user profile http://medianxl.net

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum