Double MO recipe that affects uniques?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Double MO recipe that affects uniques?

Post by Kato on Wed Dec 11, 2013 3:41 am

I've been reading guides where they talk about re-rolling a TU item until it gets the double-MO bonus. However, when I read the docs I can see only two recipes that give double-MO:

1. Re-roll magic --> honorific
2. Re-roll crafted item

What am I missing?

Apologies in advance if this is a noob question, but I've spent ages reading docs/posts and googling stuff but I can't find it. It's possible that a patch has changed things, but I'd be glad if someone could just give me a quick reply to save me from this becoming my life's work.

Thanks in advance.

P.S. The guide I was reading was the summonmancer guide by taem where he talked of re-rolling the blackheart wand until it got the double MO bonus.

Kato
Core Lord

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Double MO recipe that affects uniques?

Post by bettyrubble on Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:11 am

talking about shrine crafts for armors to get double mo abilities. I have no idea how to double mo tu items

bettyrubble
Mahasattva

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Soponator on Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:15 am

the "+666 to i need a life cause i have 6 sha'ads" magic orb has a 2% chance to double magic orb efect(only works on weapons) so what you need to do is farm tons of arcane crystals, buy a lot of oils of enhancement, and go:
1. cube the unique weapon with +666 to i need...
2. if it worked, HURRAY! got your double orb unique weapon/if it didnt(most likely) reroll weapon by cubing it with two arcane crystals and an oil of enhancement.
3.repeat step 1 and 2 untill you get it done.
don't forget: the chance is 2% so, you will most likely not get it in the first ten, nor twenty nor thirty, so be patient and have many many many arcane crystals. 2% doesnt mean that number 50 will be 100%, it means that around 50, if you are not unlucky, you might have got it.
if you are awfuly impatient, you can download the d2clicker from the tools section.

Soponator
Baal

Hairy Ass Argentinian
TGGood 125

View user profile http://www.medianxl.com/t4645-bienvenidos-al-foro-oficial-de-med

Back to top Go down

Post by Kato on Wed Dec 11, 2013 3:15 pm

Thanks I didn't realise that was what he meant, I got the (incorrect) impression that you could re-roll and get the double-effect just from the re-roll.

And yes, I understand the statistical probabilities and that they offer no guarantees at any stage.

It seems a very painful process since re-cubing will (potentially) need to be done a few times so that the item's stats are good before each attempt with the +999 MO.

So I may skip this, it's a form of grinding that's not attractive in any game.

Kato
Core Lord

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Quirinus on Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:22 pm

Btw, if the mo fails once, if you add more 999 mos, it will never work. Thats why he said to reroll it after 1 999 mo try. Also note that lucky bounus or lottery bonus will always work if you got the 999 mo bonus. The athuluas bow blessing will also work every time when you get the 999 bonus, in addition to lucky or lottery.

I think i wrote it in the docs on the mo page after the 999 mo.

Quirinus
Creature of Flame

Bloody High Five
TGGood none

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MasterRiven on Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:30 pm

Soponator wrote:reroll weapon by cubing it with two arcane crystals and an oil of enhancement.

Can't you reroll with 1 arcane crystal + rune?

MasterRiven
Corruptor Warlock

TGBest 100

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sexen on Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:46 pm

Not after t6. You have to essentially create the item again to re-roll it.

Sexen
Howling Spirit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum