Spearzon Questions

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Spearzon Questions

Post by DogSR on Fri Dec 13, 2013 12:27 am

Not so much new to the game, been playing since 2012 v005, but I took a break for a while. After I hit 120 with a druid, I decided to roll a Javazon, but I've since rerolled into spearzon. Not having problems right now at level 96, but I do have a question about procs, mearly being, is pounce and great hunt considered melee attacks? I'm using the TU6 Maiden Pike, and I don't ever seem to get either of its procs. If not, any recommendations on which spear to roll over to? One with on striking perhaps? Just curious, since I don't think anyone actually plays Spearzon Mad

DogSR
Asatruar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Spearzon Questions

Post by stoya on Fri Dec 13, 2013 12:50 am

pwnce triggers on striking procs... well i hate pwnce and nearly never played it but people always roll 'rha' rw pike and they say its awesome so i trust them Very Happy another option must be 'taha' rw .. if you want another advice id go for 'on kill' procs instead of 'on striking' ones..
since pwnce generally aim to kill big pack of mobs(5-15 at the same time) you will benefit from on kill procs so much.. you can always craft a maiden pike with SoR on kill.

great hunt is prob melee skill.. i dont even remember what it is, if we talk about last spear tree skill it must be 'on attack' melee skill.

stoya
Darkwarden

do some research LOL

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DogSR on Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:02 am

Mmhmm. I'm gonna assume Sacred 999 Shaad MO. Any suggestions on the MO's to put on the pike? with only 10 spots, I can't imagine it being anything other then LAEK, but I still wish to ask.

DogSR
Asatruar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sexen on Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:03 am

Yep on striking and on kill work great. Summon fire elementals help spear on a lot as well. Worth the little bit in minion gear for tank/heal ability.

Great hunt is a melee strike with missles That do 3/4 wdm BUT converts physical to magic damage. At 0 points (I have a bowzon open so don't have points in the skill) it converts 100% p->m so it would not proc anything except on attack proc. If soft points in the skill lower the conversion, then it will also proc the on striking you are investing in (unless you get on kill only). Its up to you whether to get on kill only but I would get both since pwncr strikes a lot of enemies rapidly at once. 

I've played spearzon (it was my first char) so its not no-one plays them Razz(woot double negative)

Edit: yep lak.

Why foes this forum size parts of peoples posts? Lol

Sexen
Howling Spirit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DogSR on Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:19 am

It does not lower with soft or hard points, sadly. I do have another question now though. I've been going through attribute points, but I really can't decide between Dex for more damage, or Vit. Any recommendations? This would also help me with socketting since I did take Paragon.

DogSR
Asatruar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sexen on Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:24 am

If you took paragon put 5 of each res gem in gear and 6x rainbow in weapon. 10% all max res + 30% cb with massive life boost. Enough dex for 95% CTH an uber monster (skellie in k3k is a good reference) and rest in vita. You can get over 20k life ez with paragon.

Sexen
Howling Spirit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Deak2112 on Fri Dec 13, 2013 3:14 am

Cranium Bore should be good at keeping you alive but no procs on that sadly. Lots of flat damage, +dex & strength CB and stun.

Deak2112
Onyx Knight

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sexen on Fri Dec 13, 2013 3:18 am

Cranium Bore is one of the best options for sure, regardless of no proc.

Sexen
Howling Spirit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DogSR on Fri Dec 13, 2013 3:29 am

The hunt for a Sacred Maiden spear is on! I wish I had picked them up on my druid now. anyways, nother question. I'll be entering into BRC soon, and the only one that really scares me any is fauzt. While I've done fauzt, I've never had any success with doing it on non caster characters. Gonna post gear and stats and get a yay or nay on if I should try it with this set or if I should look for some specific pieces first.

Spoiler:

My apologize if I've broken any image rules.

Everything is TU6
Boots are honorific, MO'd with +60 STR and +60 Dex to help with gear
Spear is still TU6 and not an RW
Helm is Jah RW
Rings are 1 random rare with no stats worth mentioning, and Xorine's Ring.
Amy is Hangman / Pandemonium.

DogSR
Asatruar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sexen on Fri Dec 13, 2013 3:35 am

Personally I would give it a go with those stats. Great hunt may be more effective on necrobots but pwnce should take care of the rest. Kudos on the massive defense on a zon with tu's Very Happy

Why on earth do you have two median trophy things in your inventory? Laughing 

Sexen
Howling Spirit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum