Suggestion: Mephisto's soulstone revision

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Suggestion: Mephisto's soulstone revision

Post by kanadaj on Sat Dec 14, 2013 6:02 pm

Hi there,

I was thinking about how to make shattering Mephisto's Soulstone worthwhile, since it still seems to use the original droptables. So I'd change the drops like this:

Hatred
50% chance for random lvl 100 normal rune

Terror
100% chance for random lvl 100 normal rune
Gem drops are always perfect
0.05% chance for random Fautzville Great Rune.

Destruction
100% chance for 2 On runes
Gem drops are always perfect
10% chance for a gem to be replaced by a rare jewel
1% chance for a gem to be replaced by a unique jewel
5% chance for random Great Rune

This would make the quest worthwhile, and it's not that easy to get a character to dest act 4 compared to farming Toraja/Fautzville as to make this unreasonable.

EDIT: lowered chance for terror and added that it only drops Fautzville runes on terror, since Toraja has special requirements

Last edited by kanadaj on Sat Dec 14, 2013 6:28 pm; edited 2 times in total

kanadaj
Darkwarden

View user profile http://winmagazin.blog.hu

Back to top Go down

Re: Suggestion: Mephisto's soulstone revision

Post by Sexen on Sat Dec 14, 2013 6:14 pm

I agree that the quest is pretty damn hard for nothing but exp. I would say its impossible to do your proposed changes because the quest is hard coded, but mxlu has a bunch of code edits. I think gr is a bad idea due to multiplayer cheese (remember all the forge games in clod) but the rest seems pretty well thought out. Great runes are supposed to be super hard to get (unless you have certain builds) which is what makes them so great. Ranged chars can cheese Hephaestus even easier now with blink on ever char at level <=12. I'm interested in what others think about this.

Sexen
Howling Spirit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kanadaj on Sat Dec 14, 2013 6:26 pm

imho the terror drop chance can go down as low as 0.05% or 0.01%, so it's just a hope of getting something nice. Or maybe even lower.

I'm not really afraid for destruction tho, it takes quite a while to get there with any char, and you need level 118 as well. And even then it's just a relatively small chance, so it's not even granted, but it means you are nearly at the end of the normal game and nearing ubers - you would farm SUs anyways at that point, having a chance to get a rune that you can trade for a core item would make life easier for some characters (especially melees, since they are kinda neglected atm and most of the uber missions are just not fit for melees, since we have all that "vulnerable for 3s" tho it takes 3s to get there for a melee, or "if it hits you, you die". Just too damn hard on melees without core items, and ranged heroes can begin farming fautz soon enough. Imho it takes an average of 10 characters to destruction with 5% chance, and by that time I can just get a druid/sorc/ama to the point where it can solo everything).

So practically it would only really affect weaker characters'/builds' power curve. And really, this is by far not a granted rune, but like this you would really try it on your characters.

Also Hepha could have a blink on destruction Very Happy

kanadaj
Darkwarden

Back to top Go down

Post by Sexen on Sat Dec 14, 2013 6:39 pm

Your evil. Hephaestus with blink omg lol. Slap a heroic shield on him and call it an uber Wink

What I meant is multiplayer cheese not single player. Rush to destruction on a level 1 only need level 15 for hatred and can't remember terror I think 40? to do ancients. So 6 level ones rushed to do forges. Would take less than an hour from creation to act4 destruction for 7 chars in total just to get a forge quest. In theory you could get 5 gr a day (moderately).

Sexen
Howling Spirit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kanadaj on Sat Dec 14, 2013 6:46 pm

you need lvl 118 (or something like that) to enter destruction, otherwise the difficulty switch is grayed out

kanadaj
Darkwarden

Back to top Go down

Post by Sexen on Sat Dec 14, 2013 6:59 pm

On multiplayer? I get to destruction before level 118 on sp. If so disregard all my previous points as they are invalid.

Sexen
Howling Spirit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kanadaj on Sat Dec 14, 2013 7:04 pm

Yep

kanadaj
Darkwarden

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top