Alright So......

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Alright So......

Post by LovelyHeart on Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:02 pm

Alright so I'm getting pretty accustomed to the game-play of median and I've tried all the characters with pretty standard builds but I'm getting kinda bored with them and looking for a different build doesn't matter what type of character but I'd prefer not to much skill switching even though I don't really mind it and that can take a hit or two. I finished the game once (Didn't continue to Destruction or Terror difficulty) with a javazon and a melee sorc and they were alright but it was still "Ehhh" playing them. So I'm looking for a fun, survivable build that I'm hoping I won't get bored with. I have like 200 some odd arcane crystals so if I need to make uniques for early game like Lv1-25 I can do that as well. I've looked on the guides thread but almost all of them are designed for Lv65+ with no early game guides which is really important to me because I'm using PlugY and diablo v1.12 so I can't make the belladona elixer to change my skill stats just in case if I put a wrong point in a skill that I didn't want there.

Thanks for the replies you guys are A-Double U-E-S-O-M-E!!!!!!

LovelyHeart
Mahasattva

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Alright So......

Post by grimjerk on Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:33 pm

Bear Stance melee barb. Very little in combat skill switch required. Ancient Hand as main attack once you get the hat. Stormfront as your main attack till then, afterwords for fire immunes.

I typically just go with 1 point in spirit wolf and then just attack where it is attacking. That means I am always in 8 yards.

Max Runemaster
Max Spirit guide
25 Points Bear Stance
Single point the melee tree
Single point the summoning tree (so you can share the Bear Stancy love)

The rest wherever it floats your boat.

Early game weapon, the TU Valasaka(sp?). This thing rocks.
End game weapon the SU Labrys. After that there is no skil switching at all. Or not much.

grimjerk
Prince Albrecht

Grumpy Uncle Grimjerk knows best!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by gg2 on Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:39 pm

Btw with the Offline tools you can re-assign your skill points

gg2
Scaled Mutant

Marco's Favorite

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by grimjerk on Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:40 pm

@grimjerk wrote:Bear Stance melee barb. Very little in combat skill switch required. Ancient Hand as main attack once you get the hat. Stormfront as your main attack till then, afterwords for fire immunes.

I typically just go with 1 point in spirit wolf and then just attack where it is attacking. That means I am always in 8 yards.

Max Runemaster
Max Spirit guide
25 Points Bear Stance
Single point the melee tree
Single point the summoning tree (so you can share the Bear Stancy love)

The rest wherever it floats your boat.

Early game weapon, the TU Valasaka(sp?). This thing rocks.
End game weapon the SU Labrys. After that there is no skil switching at all. Or not much.

I tested Storm Blast with snake stance. Nothing hit by the lightning ever turned green, so I am inclined to conclude--contrary to forum belief--that the Storm Blast bolts do not carry other types of damage.

grimjerk
Prince Albrecht

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LovelyHeart on Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:42 pm

I have the offline tools and I looked around a little bit into it and couldn't find where I could reassign. Only thing I found was where I could make a skill plan. TEACH ME!!!! Very Happy

LovelyHeart
Mahasattva

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aspirine101 on Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:46 pm

Well, 1st welcome back again! Very Happy

For the builds... I'm not really a build-expert, but I suppouse you can try treewarden, it's pretty fun! For the other druids, elemental is lame (boring endgame, hard earlygame) it's hard early game because you deal high damage but when mobs come to you you're either dead or have to retreat... kinda lame if you ask me. Traprat is very very boring at the very early stages but as you progress it becomes more fun, and requires no skill switching at all (I know we are different - but why wouldn't you want skill switching? to me it's like some adrenaline boost :)and more fun with it)
About bowdrood, never played it so idk... He has many attacks tho so I suppouse one of them could be cool ^^

Also, unless you're that deseprate for multiRES, just use patch 1.13c

Aspirine101
Lord Primus

Islamic B&D Princess
TGGood None

View user profile http://lmgtfy.com/?q=median+xl.com

Back to top Go down

Post by grimjerk on Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:51 pm

Endgame bow druid doesn't have to skill switch at all. Just load up on elemental damage, run up in the monsters' grills and spam Nova Shot. Things not immune to magic melt and magic immunes die not long after.

grimjerk
Prince Albrecht

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LovelyHeart on Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:52 pm

I thought 1.13 didn't work with PlugY at least it didn't for me when I had that version.

LovelyHeart
Mahasattva

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aspirine101 on Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:56 pm

It doesn't work with 1.13d
It does work with 1.13c Very Happy

Aspirine101
Lord Primus

Islamic B&D Princess
TGGood None