Lion stance Barbarian

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Lion stance Barbarian

Post by Thall on Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:13 am

I've been playing a lion stance barbarian for the past few weeks and I have just gotten him to destruction. He is really squishy to everything right after getting to destruction. The purpose of this thread is for people to give me some advice on my gear and how I should go about improving him - even if that means a different skill set up.

My stats have all been pumped into strength, the other stats are on the hundreds because of gear

Now here is my current gear

Thall
Bloody Butcher

We March For Macragge!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Lion stance Barbarian

Post by Sexen on Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:46 am

You don't have max res and your defense is horrible. You need to MO all your gear except for gloves to 350 Ed. Take the res pgems out of your gear, and use res runes for now. Pretty much all your MO's are wrong and sockets as well.  350 Ed should be MO'd on your weapon as well. If you are playing single player, use the offline tools to remove all your mo's from gear. Start with getting 350 Ed and then if space left over, you can MO them with tcd. What level 90 skill did u pick?

Sexen
Howling Spirit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by FrostS on Thu Dec 19, 2013 3:03 am

-First of all, it seems that u dont know what is 'mystic orbs'... you can cube armor, amulet, etc. with myctic orb to get bonuses. After each normal mystic orb you get +2 rewuired level on item. I.e. you can have +30 all resist on your boots and required lvl will be 78.

-Better change weapon to double mo-runeword. Of course, best base item for this is sacred labrys.

FrostS
Corruptor Warlock

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Thall on Thu Dec 19, 2013 4:15 am

@Sexen wrote:What level 90 skill did u pick?

I chose Nephalem Weapons for my 90 skill. I didn't actually realise that there were runes that you could use to pump up your resists. I'll go through and get a bunch of them. I'll also get some more %ed mos along with removing all the mos off my current gear. Thanks for the help.

EDIT:

Also, if I'm going to replace my weapon with a RW wep, what rw should I even be going for? My first thought was Lahmu rw in barb two handers.

Thall
Bloody Butcher

We March For Macragge!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sexen on Thu Dec 19, 2013 5:36 am

Hmm yea to elaborate a bit more;

You only need so much fhr/ias. Check the speed calc located in the tools section of this forum for exact numbers. Max IAS is usually easy to obtain, but most of the time the second to last fhr breakpoint is the one to shoot for. Never MO your gear with flat stats and also don't worry about %vitality and flat vita, because you are going pure strength. Lah runes are better than tal runes after achieving max res for raising your stats. 100% str means 2 points for every 1. 200% is even better etc. As for rune words I'm not at a place to look it up right now so no suggestions ATM. What skills are you using? Do you know how to link a skillplan from the docs?

Sexen
Howling Spirit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Metalistas on Thu Dec 19, 2013 6:55 am

For a RW weapon you can try Kra rune word in barbarian weapons:
Spoiler:

2 to Barbarian Skill Levels
+(251 to 300)% Enhanced damage
Adds 100-250 damage
Lion Stance Damage Bonus (101 to 150)%
+(6 to 9) to Ancients' Hand
+25% Bonus to Summoned Minion Damage
+25% Bonus to Summoned Minion Life
+5% Bonus to Summoned Minion Resistances
25% Bonus to Strength
If you for pure atack, then you should use two of these weapons - more damage, more points in Ancient hand - nice atack oskill. Can leave stormblast/rock shower on switch. When your kill speed is good, then all you need is life after kill or life on strike.

Also your atack rating is very low. You can fix that with ELD runes, MO on weapon (but i wouldn't do that, since you need better MOs for weapon) and items like Xorine rings if you have them.

Metalistas
Goliath

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Xplosive on Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:15 am

Personally I would go with No RW . 20% all attributes and up to 50% TCD .

But it is pretty hard to beat TU Valaska . You just need to MO it to 350% ED , put in Jah runes and add lifesteal over the remaining MO space .

For attack rating issues I recommend Athulua's Oracle amulet and TU chain gloves .

Xplosive
Bloody Butcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by grimjerk on Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:35 pm

What Xplosive said. That Valasaka is bad ass.

Neph Weapons sucks. Kraken Stance with no points in the stance tree does more damage.

Have duel cautious strike weapons on switch and you can be at 50% DR--with a little DR gear--even after lion stance penalty.

The little bit of extra damage from Neph Weapons cannot compete with the extra defense from Runemaster.

If you max Lion Stance--and go full strength, Spirit Guide and dump about 25 points in Wolf Companion you will have big magic and physical damages. Immunities will slow you down but not stop you. 24 points in Snake Stance for the slow.

grimjerk
Prince Albrecht

Grumpy Uncle Grimjerk knows best!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum