dual-wield barb

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

dual-wield barb

Post by PaperThin on Thu Dec 19, 2013 4:36 am

I'm finding it very difficult to survive with this setup, I'm lvl 120 and I can barely farm kurast on terror difficulty.

Gear- helm: "ravine" (mount arreat set) [Lahs]
weps: "eruption" (mount arreat set) [lahs]
"snowstorm" (mount arreat set) [lahs]
chest: "xarugas dominion" (all is one set) [lahs]
gloves: "kali" rw
belt: "truce" rw
boots: "megalith" rw
amulet: shitty rare but +3 to skills
rings: shitty, +1s

Stats- str: enough for gear
dex: couple points to hit
vita: rest (around 12k life)

Skills- I've been trying alot of combos experimenting, but I seem to get wrecked no matter what.
I prefer bear stance, seem to have the best luck surviving with it, I usually max blood hatred also, but sometimes it just doesn't seem to steal life like it should?? also spirit guide. (ennead / black road complete)

Charms- Class charm (complete)
Harkon crystal
Sunstone (fully upgraded)
Butcher's Tooth
Astrogha's Venom Stinger
Demonsbane (only +1 to barb)
Idol of vanity (with spirit)
Legacy of blood
Spirit trance herb.

Need pro advice badly, any help much appreciated.

(If you speak english add Britalz on skype)

PaperThin
Ent

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: dual-wield barb

Post by Sexen on Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:05 am

Boots -> Nih is better. Ath boots is really for a caster (mana regen and mana tide totem)

Gloves -> Featherclaw TU if you need attack rating/attack speed or visegrip if you don't (crucify Very Happy , ow, %str, max dmg, -monster defense)

rings -> use arcane crystals to make yourself 2x empyrean bands. 5% all attributes are preferred.

amulet -> Angel Heart (best until su ammy's) or Athulua's Oracle if again you need attack rating. Uninterruptable is nice too.

armor -> kra for lots of defense/zod if your resists suck/nih for lots of obvious reasons. Also you can go back to TU Splint Mail until you finish the set.

Full arreat set is great for dual wield barb. Blood hatred leeches just fine but your attack rating may be low so you are missing. Can't leech if you don't hit Wink

All these suggestions are based on non su options and no great runes/elemental runes. If you have access to end game su's and great runes, I can suggest even stronger alternatives. Hope this helps Very Happy

Sexen
Howling Spirit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by FrostS on Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:12 pm

I am a bit shocked with your charms... Atrogha charm and Demonsbane when you r missing a lot of much easier charms...

Now, nearly all set items are shit without full set. Better get double mo-rw weapons.

FrostS
Corruptor Warlock

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by grimjerk on Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:18 pm

If you are going to duel wield I would suggest you have duel cautius strike weapons on switch, Once you get it fully charged you will be at close to the 50% DR cap. This would allow you to dump the Bear Stance and go with Kraken Stance instead. Of course this would mean losing a set piece but Kraken will do crazy damage when if you are maxing Blood Hatred since you wil hit -100% enemy f/c/l resists easy.

You can use Blood Hatred as your primary attack if you load up on WDM procs like crucify and spike nova. Remember that the engine--even though one value is listed for damage/AR--counts each double swing attack as TWO attacks, so each weapon has a chance to proc its own procs AND any off weapon procs. This makes equipment like Visegrip or "cham" boots really bad ass.

grimjerk
Prince Albrecht

Grumpy Uncle Grimjerk knows best!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by grimjerk on Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:21 pm

@grimjerk wrote:If you are going to duel wield I would suggest you have duel cautius strike weapons on switch, Once you get it fully charged you will be at close to the 50% DR cap. This would allow you to dump the Bear Stance and go with Kraken Stance instead. Of course this would mean losing a set piece but Kraken will do crazy damage when if you are maxing Blood Hatred since you wil hit -100% enemy f/c/l resists easy.

You can use Blood Hatred as your primary attack if you load up on WDM procs like crucify and spike nova. Remember that the engine--even though one value is listed for damage/AR--counts each double swing attack as TWO attacks, so each weapon has a chance to proc its own procs AND any off weapon procs. This makes equipment like Visegrip or "cham" boots really bad ass.

I would go with duel Teachings as my primary weapons. Double MO if you have the patience. Load them up each with 15 spike nova and 15 crucify and watch the missiles fly.

hit the wrong button. Do'h!!!

grimjerk
Prince Albrecht

Grumpy Uncle Grimjerk knows best!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Quirinus on Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:46 pm

lol wait how did you get astro charm? no way you beat him unless you got very very very lucky

Quirinus
Creature of Flame

Bloody High Five
TGGood none

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PaperThin on Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:33 pm

Seriously, thank you guys for the advice, much needed lol.

Couple more questions: @Sexen- I was actually using the nephilim boots/visegrip gloves not too long ago, I switched to the ath rw because I thought the DR might help me live a little longer, and I swapped the visegrips because I just assumed that the lower lvl rw wouldn't cut it anymore at 120. so I should re-acquire these 2?
also I was using the Jitans kamon armor as well, I only got rid of it because someone gave me a set armor, so i just dropped it *facepalm* also that armor was recommended for the build i was trying when i started (nephalem nuke) I'm not much of a sword/ shield person though. what about nih or auhe rw in armor?
and my resists are at; 85 fire - 75 for the rest. should I add max? and to what extent?
also if I do, what should I sacrifice for more res? unless there is a better way then p gems?
also about the rings, do I just cube the crystals with my current rings? or what?

@grimjerk- Is it crucial to switch weps? I actually haven't used any on switch the whole time.
What runes/orbs should I use in weps? I'm just using lahs in everything atm except rw obv, as for the ctc crucify and spike nova
should I orb those on my set weps? or just for the switch weps?
as for orbing armor; should I use Enhanced def? or total char def?
also I would be using the kraken stance, as it was recommended for the Nephalem nuke build too, aside from it being a shield build I just found it too complicated and not alot of fun to play.
everything it required was found in areas I cannot survive in at all.
also how do you get double mo? is it just a chance to have that effect on weps?

@Frosts & Quirinus- The only reason I have any of the ubercharms is because of some very kind people online Razz(you know who you are and ty)

Again thank you guys for the help, please get back to me again.

PaperThin
Ent

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sexen on Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:56 pm

Visegrip's are great until you get some sacred uniques/crafts. Nih is fine for armor but I do not suggest auhe. You could put the auhe in a barbarian weapon and get one of these;

Code:
Gilgamesh
Level 100

0-5 Jewels
+Auhe

Barbarian Weapons

25% Chance to cast level 34 Spike Nova on Attack
+(301 to 350)% Enhanced damage
Adds 500-750 damage
+(6 to 14) to Ancients' Hand
-50% Bonus to Summoned Minion Damage
+200 to Strength
-50 to Vitality
Regenerate Mana +15%

Since you aren't a summoner, the -stats do not affect you very significantly. Ancient hand oskill is awesome as well!

Jitan's Kamon is pretty awesome and is really like a sacred unique. It just happends to be a teired unique which is great Very Happy

Your resists are fine for now since you are a barbarian you should have good defense. Which level 90 skill did you pick?

In regards to rings/ammy just find yourself any rings and amulet and do the following recipe till you get the unique you are looking for. It is a bit costly farming wise since it takes 10 crap uniques to try and roll 1 unique but it's well worth the hassel Very Happy

Code:
Reroll any Item to Unique

This powerful recipe uses the reagents obtained by disenchanting other uniques to turn any tiered item of your choosing into a unique. But choose wisely, because the crystals are precious and costly to replace.

Any non-sacred item + Oil of Enhancement + Arcane Crystal x2 → reroll item as unique

Sexen
Howling Spirit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PaperThin on Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:08 pm

thx again bro.
out of those 2 armors what would you recommend? the jitans or the nih rw?

my 90 skil I'm back with runemaster, I tried neph weps for alittle due to me getting rid of the kraken, and I was killing faster, but also getting absolutely wasted in the process lol.

I might try those for switch weps because I just really want the areat set xD , only problem is idk how I am going to get auhe's lool, I get pretty much 1 shotted in toraja. Razz

PaperThin
Ent

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sexen on Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:18 pm

I only mentioned Auhe because you did Wink grimjerk had great suggestions for weapons.

Arreat set is great and with you using runemaster, only use runes. Don't worry about max resists because it will not be needed once you get the set. Since your on server, try and trade some items for the last two pieces. I think on server the armor is valuable, but since it's the end of ladder people might just give it to you. I would use jitan's but that's just me. I use jitan's on pretty much all my characters until I get su's or set's put on them. I mostly only make weapon damage based characters though.

Sexen
Howling Spirit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum