Game crashing? Post here

Page 23 of 26 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Game crashing? Post here

Post by Kato on Sat Mar 28, 2015 9:37 pm

Thanks for teh clarification and yes I do have a couple of pages with ammulets/rings and others with jewels - I've always done that since the day D2 was released. Not sure why that's seen as wrong, but if I can split them across pages and solve this then that's what I'll do - and just hope that I don't forget one day and lose something good Sad

It would be nice to up the limit though - it seems logical to keep items of the same type together so that when you choose one, you just look at them all in the same place.

One question re this bit: "However, since there always has to be a stash assigned to the .d2s (d2 save) file, PlugY will assign the last opened page to it.".

Does this mean that only one page is assigned, which is the last one that the character viewed - and that can be EITHER a shared or personal stash page?

Kato
Core Lord

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MarcoNecroX on Sat Mar 28, 2015 9:42 pm

Yes. Hence why if you go to farm for an hour, you will see the last opened page when you go back to your stash, regardless of whether it's shared or personal.

As for the jewelry, you can either have as many of them as you want on a page, but change the page first before closing stash. Or you can avoid having so many jewelry at all. To be certain, I believe not even a full stash of jewels should cause this problem if you had an empty cube, for example. As I said this 'bug' requires some effort to reach.

MarcoNecroX
Malthael

Führer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by munkyh3ad on Sat Mar 28, 2015 10:47 pm

40 crafted jewels is too much on 1 page, with any geared char with most charms, from my experience. Should apply to other 1x1 square items as well, but it depends on the nr of affix lines really, like if you have an UMO on gear that puts 4-5 more line, runewords with many affixes from jewels, or the Spell Dmg is broken into 5 lines on some Lucky upg rings, and other stuff like this. These would all result in higher size save file and potential crash.

munkyh3ad
Dark Lady

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MarcoNecroX on Sat Mar 28, 2015 10:51 pm

fairly sure 40% spell damage vs 41/40/40/etc. spell damages is the same, though (someone could test it)

MarcoNecroX
Malthael

Führer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by munkyh3ad on Sun Mar 29, 2015 12:07 am

I don't have rings with same affixes but i did a bit of testing and it's true, they seem the same.

So a newly made char, with absolutely nothing on him except cube and with an empty page opened saves at 875 bytes.

Same empty character but with an opened page with just 1 lucky upg ring with 10 affixes (5 from spreading out Spell Dmg) saves at 931-933 bytes (tested with 5 rings).

Same empty character but with an opened page with just 1 lucky upg ring with 6 affixes (successful +Spell Dmg on top of existing Spell Dmg) saves at 931-938 bytes (again tested with 5 ring).

So no high spikes in size from rings with spread out or compact Spell Damage.

munkyh3ad
Dark Lady

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kato on Sun Mar 29, 2015 3:20 pm

When I got this problem I had an empty cube, the page I was on was full of rare amulets and rings (since I was re-rolling them) - maybe 20 empty slots in the page.
My personal invetory probably had about 20 free slots.

It sounds as though the cube and inv were empty enough that I shouldn't have this problem, although the stash page was very "busy" since all that rare jewellery would have lots of affixes.

I've not had the problem since I stopped the crafting - but now I try not to close the stash on a page with lots of items - many of the stash pages are full, just not with 1x1 items.

Although I don't know the game's code as others here do, from what I've read here it still seems best to increase the max. size of the file - if people aren't hitting this limit then their file sizes will be unaffected, but for those who like to store like with like, a small size increase may occur, but it will help.

The max size of the file is, presumably, the max number of "details" (affixes etc) that can be stored in the cube/inv/stash - if that's the limiting factor then... that seems fine, it places a finite (but uncalculated) limit on file size - i.e. we won't suddenly see 3Gb files in our D2 folders!

We may see some > 8k though but only temporarily (until we save a different snapshot on that char). And it sounds like it should only be about 10k or so, which is no big deal with disc sizes what they are now.

Kato
Core Lord

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MarcoNecroX on Sun Mar 29, 2015 7:51 pm

this fix requires hardcoding and this is a softcoded mod (for now). It is an easy fix, hence why it's fixed on TSW (where we are able to inject dlls serverside).

MarcoNecroX
Malthael

Führer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 1hit2kills on Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:40 pm

Hello today I've started encountering an error.
the error is: Unhandled exception access_violation (c0000005)
It happens mainly when I use a waypoint but it also happens at other times tough less frequently, any ideas to fix?

1hit2kills
Jungle Hunter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Asteroth on Thu Apr 09, 2015 5:21 am

@1hit2kills wrote:Hello today I've started encountering an error.
the error is: Unhandled exception access_violation (c0000005)
It happens mainly when I use a waypoint but it also happens at other times tough less frequently, any ideas to fix?

Try re-downloading the mpq file. Yours may have gotten corrupted over time

Asteroth
Hardliner

Well-Sourced Debater
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 1hit2kills on Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:56 am

I did redownload the mpq file just now and the error happened just the same. Once again it happened when using a waypoint

1hit2kills
Jungle Hunter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 26 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum