Suggest your Skill Tree

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Suggest your Skill Tree

Post by MarcoNecroX on Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:32 am

Okay, here you can post new skill trees for characters; either a rough view or detailed, that is up to you.
A skill tree is based on 5 skills + 1 uber skill. These are my ideas so far:

IMPORTANT NOTE BEFORE YOU POST
- Druid has no longer a poison tree, in case you want to suggest keeping it (as a new tree)
- Do NOT suggest trees for sorceress/paladin: I have those in mind already.
- Rules are like other suggesting threads! NO OFF-TOPIC.

Amazon
??? No ideas here yet.

Assassin
1) Charge-up skills
2) Kick releated skills, not necessarily require old kicking concept, could be simply based on using all animations clod sin had.

Barbarian
1) Dual weilding tree - move bloodhatred here, tree that would require no use of stances to be effective, maybe some skills like old frenzy/ww

Druid
1) Bring poison tree back?
2) MOAR shapeshifting?
3) Nature tree i.e. skills based on wild summons / skills

Necromancer
1) Curses tree - maybe skills like banish or nightmare , even hex can come back here
2) Second totem tree - split current totem tree back to active spell totems and buff totems (aka bring back blood/mana tide totems)
3) WDM summon char tree - move Bane here, add Soulshatter-like skills. Rathma's chsen could be the representative uberskill here.

MarcoNecroX
Malthael

Führer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Suggest your Skill Tree

Post by iwansquall on Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:31 am

Amazon
1. 2hand sword melee amazon of course uses normal attack, nn skills
2. Another passive / utilities tree, bonus based depend on devotion or devotionless no passives kthx

Assassin
1. Summoner based - Theme same like 'minion' in assassin, call for long distance bombardment, vizjun technology, beacon uberskill.
don't think assassin is the best char for summons, its not her style. Batstrike could be at least used with high nova/blink

Barbarian
1. Punch / Boxing Glove requires a brand new item tier :/ but ill think about it

Druid
1. Fairy Charmer - Rainbow, pony, elf, leprechaun. WDM based with shield-biased. Fairie-fire = its uberskill. Doom curse + free dmg from trail = good.

Necromancer
1. Add old concept of skill mastery for necro where you can only pick one of the clvl 12 skill. If you are are death lord, you cant get good summon or totem.
2. Element Thrower Necro - Able to use axe, knives and javelin. Caster's based. Less WDM than other thrower (best example old scorpion blade and maelstrom fire combo).

iwansquall
Blood Golem

Underpowered Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kroner on Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:55 am

Only thing I have to comment on is that if you're going to add a curse skill tree for necro you need to keep in mind that there should be separate builds focused on each curse. Othewise, most of them will be ignored and only the best will be used since they won't stack.. Unless you code edit...

kroner
Glowing Blob

TGGood 5

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jach on Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:34 pm

Hi Marco
i know you're planning a charmer druid and this idea may step on its toes, but anyway here are my thoughts

Trickster tree (necromancer? druid?)

1st: thousand faces - morph into a common monster (would be cool if it could be a random monster based on the area you're in), becoming immune to targeting. disables all skills accept trickster skills. semi random duration. like 5-10 seconds. soft points increase max duration (maybe 0.2 sec), hard points reduce randomness by increasing min duration (maybe 0.4 sec). timer doues not decrease.

6th: Imp's call - a trap that lures monsters (like attract in clod) and then explodes (like egg trap maybe) after a 2-3 seconds.

12th: Elusive bastard - passive that gives defense, avoid and % teleport when struck.

18th: silver tongue - long duration single target charm. Hard points give buffs to monster and may increase max number of charmed monsters.

24th: Burma! - panic button skill. I'm thinking of a huge beastly morph (with tentacles if possible) that greatly decreases your movement speed and gives life, DR, and something like 50% monster flees on attack and 5% swallow whole (i.e. mega critical damage) on attack.

Uber: i don't know yet. i have some ideas, but nothing solid yet.

Hope you like it.
i think it would promote a very different playstyle than usual.

cheers

Jach
Skull Ape

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Stealthmaster on Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:18 pm

Necromancer: Curse Tree

lvl 1: Stone Curse (new skill) - doesn't work against bosses, paralyses an enemy, has a very small radius, 10 sec. skill timer.
lvl 6: Pain Mirror (new skill) - every time cursed enemies attack you, they get ~2% of their damage back (dmg grows with every hard point by ~0,5%), has a small radius, 10 sec. skill timer.
lvl 12: Hex - has a skill timer
lvl 18: Banish - has a skill timer
lvl 24: Nightmare - has at least 10 sec. skill timer

Skill timers can be reduced by 0,2% with every soft point.

Marco, I will really appreciate, if you implement a kind of a curse tree for a Necro Very Happy

Stealthmaster
Infernal Machine

Master of Stealth!
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Devlain on Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:43 pm

It is possible to make a tree about a single summon and different sinergies with it?
I'm thinking about "Widowmaker", the necromancer Xbow skill, who uses a summon to cast it.
The tree could be something like:
Skill1 - Summon THIS
Skill2 - THIS uses an attack (a projectile or an AOE around him)
SKill3 - Passive for THIS
Skill4 - Creates a chain between your char and THIS. Enemies who trepass the chain, are dealt damage and crippled (reduce dmg, AC, or speed)
Skill5 - Your character and THIS, both makes an explosion or nova, with different elements (poison for summon and fire for character, by example)
Uber - Be creative, could be from another THIS to a synergy Character-THIS, or a "fusion" (morph only if THIS is summoned, remove THIS and THIS can't be summend when you are morphed, have a long timer, like one minute, and a short duration, like 5 secs), etc.

I think this kind of tree could fix to an assasin or necromancer, the summon could be a Djinn, a Shadow, a Demon, a Doppelganger, an Illusion, a Golem, an Homunculus, an Enchanted Armor, etc.

-

If you like the idea, I could explain it with more details in spanish if you want. Im not very good at english

Devlain
Moon Knight

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MUS01 on Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:52 pm

Mhmm that idea remember me the old times with Blood golem in CLOD... Maybe cool if is implemented the old property of Blood golem+ share all necro pasives + being 1 inmune to stun miion..-.. 1 SINGLE MINION OFC Maybe mix all old golem properties in 1 single minion with other think, like Bat strike, cuase slow and those golem properties aren't enough in this days...

MUS01
Burning Dead

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GMaster171 on Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:09 pm

I'm just gonna post my thread here. ideas are there and i really dont even feel like copy pasting lol. nobody even responded to it Sad

http://www.medianxl.com/t290-corrupt-overseer-theory-build-design

mhm, unique idea, kinda gimmicky tho.

GMaster171
Onyx Knight

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Botnik on Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:33 pm

@GMaster171 wrote:I'm just gonna post my thread here. ideas are there and i really dont even feel like copy pasting lol. nobody even responded to it Sad

http://www.medianxl.com/t290-corrupt-overseer-theory-build-design

mhm, unique idea, kinda gimmicky tho.

I LOVE the suicidal minions idea! I can just imagine spawning one of those things and doing immense damage. Maybe that plus a skill that gives you one of those as a reanimate per hard skill level (1% of each minion per 2 skill levels?). Good idea mang. Very Happy

Botnik
Hellcat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Spartacuss on Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:57 pm

MOAR SHAPESHIFTING Very Happy for every char Very Happy haha

Spartacuss
Asatruar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next