Dragon Knight general

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Dragon Knight general

Post by bardamu on Tue Dec 31, 2013 3:35 am

Thread for discussing, playtesting and experimenting/exploring the brand new builds offered by fresh new paladin skill tree.

Right now i am playing one pure caster with dragonshout as main skill instead of burnout. Having lot of fun with this simple layout, but it seems a lot more versatile to me, and expecially deva king could lead to very frenetics and interesting builds. Also, i noticed that reanimates and minions too are affected by dragonmorph, but i still dont know if this can be an advantage for them, since they all go melee after the transformation.
Overall, very interesting build and concept. Kudos for Laz and Marco.

bardamu
Mangler

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dragon Knight general

Post by yosoydio on Tue Dec 31, 2013 5:50 am

I don't get the concept of a melee dragon paladin. The form only lasting five seconds (with deva king) then you have to recast dragon oath and run over to the flames to retain the morph. Even if the design was you got the morph instantly a 5 second duration killed my excitement for the build.

yosoydio
Desert Cat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MarcoNecroX on Tue Dec 31, 2013 10:56 am

@yosoydio wrote:I don't get the concept of a melee dragon paladin. The form only lasting five seconds (with deva king) then you have to recast dragon oath and run over to the flames to retain the morph. Even if the design was you got the morph instantly a 5 second duration killed my excitement for the build.

actually, problem is that the flames will always spawn in circle, instead of colliding with enemy monsters.
if they colllided with enemies you wouldn't need to walk at all. ill fix this in a bugfix patch

and reanimates getting morphed, first I guessed it wasn't a problem (in fact could be funny) but then I realised about the slow attack speed. i guess ill change this too

MarcoNecroX
Malthael

Führer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Traprat on Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:01 am

Next thing is: the ricochet seems buggy, because a flamefront with same dmg early game kills almost all in one shot. one fireball, not all of them at close distance^^

ricochet flames dont kill shit in one shot with the same dmg, it takes a lot more time.

Traprat
Alpha Centaur

Negative Cookie Man
TGGood 40

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RollsRoyce on Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:26 am

its because the initial target takes no dmg ( i think )

RollsRoyce
The Smith

롤스로이스 ☆☆☆☆
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan on Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:53 am

Dragon Knight 101 is more appropriate name! Change it.

Wotan
Madawc

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by axios on Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:08 pm

skill1 and skill2(mby magic dmg too low?) are ok,but skill3(mby im using it wrong) and skill4 seem very weak and I don't see any singletarget decent dealing spell.
also when deva king(melle,WDM) the only way of getting morph is still by casting a lowdmg dealing fire spell and lasting only 5 sec?
imo you should make some changes marco cuz it feels like something's missing
but the build concept is awesomnd in time im sure its gonna be perf balanced.you can't get that 1st patch
 Cheers!

axios
Slain Soul

weaK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MarcoNecroX on Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:11 pm

well i admit i freaked out a little bit and made the damages not the highest.

i tested BOTH early game and endgame

demonrend can clear cathedral at lvl 18, with 0 gear pieces

burnout / oath can clear dest cows with random gear (i had a melee pally while testing) just by having some charms, so I figured that with less charms but more dedicated gear, it should work.

Also for burnout, make sure to "let the fire spawn" . if you cast it next to enemy, nothing will hit him because no fire would be created

MarcoNecroX
Malthael

Führer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Brother Laz on Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:16 pm

In hindsight the name Deva King just might have been a horrible pun. Hitting a Wall

@axios wrote:also when deva king(melle,WDM) the only way of getting morph is still by casting a lowdmg dealing fire spell and lasting only 5 sec? Cheers!

This might end up like resonance or fury: zomgIneedtousemorethanonespellthisisuselessImgoingbacktoderpystormblastspam. Maybe, one day, when every tree is like this, people will actually L2PRazz 

Brother Laz
Care Bear

Flying Polar Buffalo Error

View user profile http://modsbylaz.vn.cz/

Back to top Go down

Post by vadust on Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:24 pm

Yea let's return old unholy melee paladin madness.....

vadust
Scaled Mutant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum