yeah you are using cheap equipment, why not ith boots

Str0b3l
The Butcher

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Grimjerk's Caster Barb Journey

Post by grimjerk on Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:32 am

It didn't take too long. 10 minutes maybe. The only reason I bothered was I decided I could use a touch more damage and +skills are the most efficient way of doing this for the Barb Caster. Increases the spell directly then again indirectly by increasing the Protector's bloodlust. Plus all the other stuff that gets raised up as a bonus.

grimjerk
Prince Albrecht

Grumpy Uncle Grimjerk knows best!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by grimjerk on Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:17 pm

Ok, so I hope double posting in your own showcase is kosher. Last night I just put the pictures up because I can't do that from work, unlike the write up, so this is the write up.

Killing Philos.

So, as I said earlier, I did this with the pictured gear just to prove a point that ForeCast was strong even early game. I know my skill plan differs substantially from Rolls's (you make English names ending in s by adding an 's not just an apostrophe, that is for plural words ending in s) and in the end game I may or may not come round to his way of thinking.

After my trip in to Trans this morning I decided I needed a bit more damage and the most effecient way to do that with this build is +skills. Increases the base damage of the o-skills and it increases your Protector spirits' (see, note the lack of another s) bloodlust. Not to mention more life, more regen, more stats, faster cast and slightly sturdier spirits. So I took the ilevel 60 blue ring I picked up in Trans this morning and rolled it into a +1 skill ring. Took about 10 minutes, which isn't bad.

So, with that on I went to Tran. The first two areas aren't much of a problem. Once inside Tran when your bloodlust has worn off it is really hard to get it back again. The Protectors just don't last long enough to proc it, but I still use them to draw out the 'zons.

My killer of choice was actually Devouring Cloud. It is more or less fire and forget so I have more time for dodging and weaving. Apocalypse was pretty much only used for killing snakes.

The first really dangerous spot is the narrow passage that runs above the Fire area. No room to dodge, but with caution and luring it is no problem.

Cleared the area above Philos's crib then went to go get her. First I dropped a TP in the upper part of the room, better safe than sorry, and it turned out to be a good move because in the process of wearing her down she got me a couple times then finished me off a Phalanx. Resurrected my merc, resummoned made sure I had TP on left click then popped in and out recovering my body in the process. Now it was just a matter of going back and finishing her off. Which I did.

Went on to finish the Challange but I rushed and got killed with my body getting surrounded by 'zons. And the missus came home from work. No biggy. Now that I have proved my point I made myself some Epicenter boots and a +2 skills rare amulet. Will make the other +1 skill ring when I get home. Then finish it off.

Need one more emerald and I will be in the GEoXP manufacturing biz.

grimjerk
Prince Albrecht

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Metalistas on Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:41 pm

Was holding a cookie until the pictures are posted. And here you go Smile
Also, what is 'forecast' thing, i saw it somewhere else ?

Metalistas
Goliath

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by grimjerk on Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:45 pm

Read and Learn

ForeCast is a most excellent guide by RollsRoyce.

Thanks for the cookie

grimjerk
Prince Albrecht

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Metalistas on Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:52 pm

Ahhh, so it's not a skill/oskill name. I have read that some time ago Smile guess i need to pay attention to the titles Very Happy

Metalistas
Goliath

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by grimjerk on Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:04 pm

Lol. No problem. I should probably put a link and an introduction in the top post.

After I finish the LC1 I am going to be testing some more lower level o-skills.

grimjerk
Prince Albrecht

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by grimjerk on Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:35 am

Today's update. Why you never upgrade a piece of gear with overlapping mod ranges when you are doing something critical.

So. On his way to Tran to collect that last Priestess vag scalp, Merlin found the fifth unique he needed to upgrade his Magister to T4. He rushed back to his stash, when through the steps and WHAM-O!! Lost a +skill level and rolled the minimum level of Apocalypse to boot. Boy was your Uncle Grimjerk pissed. So pissed he said fuck principle finished Act II so he could do some shard farming. Ended up leveling up to 42. Went back and killed off Sparky the thunder bitch but I didn't feel as good about it as I would have 8 levels earlier. Anyway, LC! done.

On to Act 3. Here is where your Uncle does something Marco would call cheating. I HATE ACT 3!!!! I hate it more than Steve Forbes hates the graduated income tax. I hate it more than Mark Wahlberg hates it when people come up to him doing Marky Mark impressions. So I fired up off line tools and activate waypoints.

But before I skip straight to the Durance I go in and kick some Kurast Butt. Ran it several times but no Barb charm yet.

Ran Mephi-po several times for shard fodder and went on to do Act 4. Players8 Diablo was quite a fight. He got me once with his pillar-o-fire but in the end he fell to the slimy goodness of Devouring Cloud.

Haven't done anything in Act 5 yet as I am back to running kurrast and trying to make some Mark of the Wild Axes. Spent a fruitless 40 minutes on an ax that could roll it but just wouldn't.

Skills I tried out.

Psi-Crown. Wow is this thing pricey mana-wise. It seems to do a decent job of killing stuff but you can only assign it right click so you have to keep dancing in and out of Eagle Stance. So not so much for the Caster Barb but it might do for the Warlock necro.

Deathray. Not bad. Not great but it is a channeling spell so it might do some decent damage with enough %physical/magical gear.This would be a nice skill for a totem mancer to use instead of just standing there.

Rune of Ice. If you don't mind the lead and lure play style, this is a nice little skill as is its opposite Rune of Fire. RoI freezes enemies for what seems like forever. The radius isn't great but if it was it would be seriously OP. These two skills should come in very handy for summoning users.

Anyway, that's about it. Will post a couple of screenshots of Kurast ass-kicking later.

grimjerk
Prince Albrecht

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by grimjerk on Sat Jan 04, 2014 4:42 pm

Ok, promised pics. Nothing exciting here I just no that--like Playboy-=people only look at these if there are pictures:

Killing Diablo

Ennead Necro

Dead Necro

Why can't my Druids ever get this to drop?

Gear changes of note. Replaced armor with +2 skills rare scale mail. Replaced hat with +2 skills circlet. Replaced boots with rare chain boots with +26 Rune of Ice, Magister at T6 now, not perfect roll but close. Will work on getting the perfect +6 all/+24 Apocalypse.

Still no luck with Mark of the Wild axes. Finally got my character charm, took 5 full clears--did those since I was gear hunting as well.

Have made quite a bit of loot from throwing weapons with runes, collected about 20 emeralds that are waiting o be changed into GEoXP

The wife is glaring at me. Have fun kids!

grimjerk
Prince Albrecht

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by grimjerk on Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:30 pm

So, quick update.

Unfortunately haven't had much time to play lately. Spent way too much time re-rolling barb axes but I finally have a pair of MotW axes, one slvl 18 the other 20. Not great but will do for now. That plus plus skills gives me around another 165% spell damage.

Made a run at Baal. I don't know if he is going to be doable on players 8. He seems to love those stupid shards an summons are the only way to keep them off my ass and as we all know more summons = more shards. Going to try again later on players 1 just to get out of hatred.

grimjerk
Prince Albrecht

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum