Anyone tried new Marco boss?

Page 26 of 37 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 31 ... 37  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Anyone tried new Marco boss?

Post by MUS01 on Tue Jul 08, 2014 2:40 pm

other reason for enable MP items in SP... Come on, I wish put my hands on some items... and don't delete my char in a reset... However, this is other topic...

So, if Naga's reign is useless, what other option we have at moment?

MUS01
Burning Dead

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by romanN1 on Tue Jul 08, 2014 3:20 pm

Dude theorycrafting is pretty useless atm since a lot of options were discussed. The only thing remaining is to try everything that comes în mind...

romanN1
The Smith

Mr. Nice Guy

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/user/winstonjaegarn

Back to top Go down

Post by pa5call on Tue Jul 08, 2014 6:28 pm

Well, I was thinking to get a Paladin or SU armor with the Resurrection and use them Shards to spark them shiny slow things to one shot him  Toilet 
I believe that is the idea actually  Eh?  -fighting him along with the Baal  Threesome 

pa5call
Cathedral Drow

TGGood 7

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RollsRoyce on Tue Jul 08, 2014 6:32 pm

Very Happy yes but this wont work due to many reasons

RollsRoyce
The Smith

롤스로이스 ☆☆☆☆
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aknazer on Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:36 pm

Does the shardspawn one-shot thing work on enemies?

aknazer
Spike Beast

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben- on Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:56 pm

no

the spell might but u wont 1 shot mnx with it

Ben-
War Thug

British Gentleben
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Westville on Thu Jul 10, 2014 6:49 am

@Ben- wrote:no

the spell might but u wont 1 shot mnx with it

Vouch this, when I was first trying to figure out Marco I attempted this...

Westville
Arachnida

Ace of Spades
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by evil_potato on Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:49 am

here's what i've been trying (in sp).  Best way to survive is with barb + eagle stance.  Get 33k+ hp, 8 second heal, >60% tele when struck, fight in the top left part of the map.  You're almost invincible because, while the initial missile does go through walls, the actual nova does NOT.  Once you get hit and tele away, the rest of the nova doesn't hit you and unless you're REALLY unlucky, you can survive for a long time this way.

Now that we've got survival out of the way, let's talk about damage.  Obviously this is single player so no sword of the white void.  For stopping his healing (let's face it, we're not gonna 1-shot him) we can use open wounds (people said it only works until he's at 50% health?  can anyone confirm for sure?), rust storm, or void archon's aura.

open wounds:  Duration is 5 seconds iirc?  So we need to hit him with it at least every five seconds.  not really difficult since he teleports on top of you quite frequently, but this is problematic.  Marco tends to teleport away when struck like quov, so if we go weapon damage route we're constantly chasing him around or waiting for him to tele on top of us to get 1 hit in...  other option i thought about was 25% spike nova proc when struck from razorspine.

rust storm:  someone in another thread mentioned that reanimates can cast it but i don't see it in the list.  can anyone confirm?  if not, then our only options for this are a 5% on attack and 15% on attack proc from bane (rw sceptre) and griswolds revenge (SU giant axe).  The proc from the RW is a lower level than the SU axe, but not much. Proc from RW lasts about 8 seconds with no +buff/debuff duration Sad again, we have marco teleporting problems.

void archon aura:  we're limited to reanimate here.  would be nice if they could stay alive long enough Smile  don't know for sure, haven't tried, but i doubt it.

BEST option in terms of "appyability" seems to be spike nova proc from razorspine.

Now we move on to the next issue:  actually dealing damage Very Happy

With tantrum, i was able to take maybe 1/20 of his health before he escaped long enough for OW to wear off.  Not the best method.

After trying that for a while i decided to try caster-barb stuff.  I didn't go all out in terms of spell damage but what i had should have been enough to see SOMETHING.  Don't know if he just never dropped res or if i wasn't proccing spike nova enough.

Only really useful thing I think this post contributed was survival method.  any one got any ideas (for sp) for stopping his healing and dealing decent damage?  feel free to advise Very Happy

evil_potato
Bane Hunter

Evil Protato
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Quirinus on Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:40 am

not sure if you know, or if I'm right, but apparently you can only hurt him when both of these are true:

when he attacks you, a ! will appear above his head. you can damage him only when he has the !
when his heroic shield drops

so when both of those are met, you can damage him.

I guess you know since you said you damaged him. grats on surviving! Very Happy

did you use nephalem weapons with the tantrum?

Quirinus
Creature of Flame

Bloody High Five
TGGood none

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RollsRoyce on Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:14 am

hos bone armor reduces 200% ( i think res) -> then his heroic shield might eventually drop.

Gj for figuring out a way to survive, maybe you can even try to use fortress while lurking in that corner

RollsRoyce
The Smith

롤스로이스 ☆☆☆☆
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 26 of 37 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 31 ... 37  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum