XIII Bugs&Feedback

Page 16 of 46 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 31 ... 46  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: XIII Bugs&Feedback

Post by Keter on Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:02 pm

@iwansquall

I've basically been using gems with it to up my resistances and skulls for defense. That's it. I also cubed it with the statue that you get in the very beginning of the game.

I know disenchantment doesn't work with the gift box stuff, but I'm currently in Act V and these are weapons that I picked up in that act.

Thanks for you help!

Keter
Returned

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by iwansquall on Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:06 pm

My ideas on char orb, it bugged out after you cube gems for 15th time (it supposed to return you random quality of gems / skull)

As for disenchanment, I dunno. It work nicely with tiered Unique on my sides. Just make sure you not disenchant more than 20 items at same time though.

iwansquall
Blood Golem

Underpowered Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Keter on Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:10 pm

Ok, I'll just try a new character. Thanks!

Keter
Returned

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Quirinus on Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:06 pm

@Keter wrote:Hi, I just updated my game and my char orb, which had a required level of 50-something, shot up to req. lv 718 and the catalyst of disenchantment doesn't seem to work on the unique weapons I've tried it on. I'm not sure if there's something I'm missing. My game is version 1.13 and I've read through the documentation and the changelog.

well, the XII changelog says the char orb was changed, so I guess you have to re-find it.
the old one probably has 666 base req now, to disable legacy char orbs and to force players to re-find it to avoid abuse/misuse with the old one. 666+50 = 716 so that's probably it.

Quirinus
Creature of Flame

Bloody High Five
TGGood none

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by vadust on Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:08 pm

As i said before PS was like it is for a YEARS of mxl-mxlu history.
After some feedback like *hey that skill deal high damage at hatred first acts , it need a nerf* Marco did what he did..... *DONE*

Now you need to find a reason huge as a mountain to make Marco lower it's current manacost or revert it to an old version. Ofc Marco if your main reason was to fix Witch uber Cheese method then you did everything right!
But now it is more useless for anything else.... Problem.

Other sad story:
Oskill Psi Crown in mxl 2012 had 25 mana cost per 1 soft level, in last Ultimative patch it was 125, after 10 mine replies to lower it it is now got 50 mana per level (Simple example: 30 lvl  from 750 to 3750 then 1500 , da fuq??? ).
How much energy and mana regen does character that is not a Sorc or Nerc need to use it even at ~30 lvl? Cool, yes?
This is ridiculous!!!!

One more sad story:
Sin's tree's senties looks cool but if you will look more deeper you will find that they are sucks was and atm are, coz of ND in explosion nova => try them with stacked spell damage then try other tree skills from sorc or pal or any spell oskill, you will find a huge diffenrence and you will say it again they are SUCKS!
And i tried them by my self in all patches after their nerf.

I will not ask you for removing useless skills but how about damage buff for sin's tree sentries or something else but do not leaving them as they are now.
Ofc i and other players could always pick other skills/oskill and i will but you know what that mean.

Correct me if im wrong here.

vadust
Scaled Mutant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by grimjerk on Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:47 pm

^^what vadust said. Sure psionic storm was op in hatred but it was merely decent later in the game. It did a fine job of giving you a decent killer till you had access to the old bomb skills or other o skill spells. Now it is just shit.

Barb could keep up with psi crown if it were left click asignable.

grimjerk
Prince Albrecht

Grumpy Uncle Grimjerk knows best!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by iwansquall on Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:16 pm

I think limpet lazer is nice now.

Sin lacked concentrated dmg for single target currently.

1. Shuriken flurry - ND added, now it is crowd killer (best result is 1 missile per frame on 1 target / boss).
2. Psionic Storm - Strongest AoE skill for me, delay of explosion is quite short as well, as long as you spent all points into energy.
3. Cluster mine - I think it also decent like psionic storm against crowd, but it is not boss-killer
4. Limpet Lazer - I dunno if got ND or not, but it will be good boss killer if no ND.
5. Electrofield Sentry - I tried a bit while leveling, dislike it despite recent radius buff. Maybe it is good with Ways of the Gryphon
6. Singularity - Good despite I dislike timer Sad . If it can have similar mechanic to broadside, that would be awesome (blink + singularity easily) or maybe ranged cast.
7. Fireball sentry - I dunno about which part have ND (nova or explosion), but Im hoping there is no ND on explosion so you can "tactically" cast sentry near wall so all explosion can hit 1 target (although not strong as old point blank spell, except maybe super strong in corner). Nevertheless, I also hope that "fireball turret" is damaging enough to used against single target

*Perhaps I should do full feedback at least when I have all basic ubercharms and uberskill.

iwansquall
Blood Golem

Underpowered Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by archon256 on Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:37 pm

@vadust wrote:As i said before PS was like it is for a YEARS of mxl-mxlu history.
After some feedback like *hey that skill deal high damage at hatred first acts , it need a nerf* Marco did what he did..... *DONE*

Now you need to find a reason huge as a mountain to make Marco lower it's current manacost or revert it to an old version.
The Psi storm build was changed in this version, because now Tiefling Morph exists. It's a lot easier to gear a Psi storm sin now (cast morph, wear gear using extra dex+str from morph) than before, and it can also be cast a lot faster from the moment you get it.

The problem I had with it was that it does insane damage when you're leveling with it, not that it's too strong late game.
Marco's mana cost increase does not fix it early game, because early game you can very easily deal with the mana cost by getting mana on kill from the char orb (You don't need to do anything special for it either, no need to grind TUs or craft honorifics).
But ok, let's say that there are a lot of OP skills while leveling and that there's no point in trying to balance there. The new problem is that the mana cost change hurts the Psi storm sin at late game, when she can no longer use Char orb for mana boosting.

That was my argument, as you can see it's not a simple request to just universally buff or nerf anything. If anything, I was asking around to see if others have figured out ways to deal with the mana cost that I haven't. I still need to craft a Teganze Pendant and get basic ubercharms, so I'm going to do that first before updating my observations.

@iwansquall wrote:I think limpet lazer is nice now.
I think Limpet Laser is better for CC more than anything now. You can cast it ahead of yourself and around corners and a lot of the monsters will be frozen by the time you face them.  You can even use it to safely kill nasty monsters like trap rats from around a corner.

As for Singularity, could that be made into a trap with max count = 1 (like with Holy caster pally's summons without Dragon morph)? That way it won't block Blink/Vampiric Icon/Psychic Scream timer and you won't be able to spam more than one of it. Might need to raise the damage and Ao because you can have three running at once right now IIRC, but aside from that I think it'd be a nice change. Blink -> Singularity would be very fun to do.

archon256
Amazon Warrior

I Am Someone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by vadust on Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:31 pm

I have no idea why nobody asks to nerf Witch Wind?
Why does ppl wand to nerf not faimous skills that are not so godly OP as a few well known.

Craft honorofics are the best choice for any caster and all know how to get tons of gold in early game, farming tus to make needed tus is not so hard( 1 Mephisto run ~1-2min or faster or Nihlathak runs that easy to do too because of old all elite mobs nerf very long time ago even before mxlu.......)

Old problem: nobody used PS. After some feedback ppl abused it only fow Witch Uber, but hey that's a bit normal because it is a good made strategy after all. But how many caster sins have you saw? How many of them used PS as main skills? About what you are talking about , i don't get it why do you so care about PS dmg if nobody use it because they have better alternatives like pure throw/ pure melee/ or hybryd of both.
Caster sin ideas are very rare to see, very low amount of players actually try it, and because there was tons of guides of how to play a wdm sin, for a 3 last years of MXL history i haven't saw even 1 normal guide about any kind of a caster sin except retarted idea from ChuckNorris, or not finished doom+straburst/singularity theory crafting.

The main reason why i do this because Marco know who you are and you saw in MXL much more then me(sorry i have no other reason why he listened to you and after that increased PS manacost after 1.5 years of MXLU development, correct me if im wrong).

I know that you was not wanted to happen such things but pls be carefull, you know mod's makers do such things, remember all Laz weird moves....

Sentries need to be changed actually, sorry Marco but i haven't saw any change except of a skill icons...
LL now got very good synergy but not all areas got walls or other things that could be used to land LL.

Syngularity, as it was already mentioned could be casted few times before the first one will ends, but it got same problem like PS, nobody actually use it, except you could give it aim ability...(joke or no...)
Pls return back old Starburst with mag damage only and without any ND and Pierce.

Morph is a good move but hello ppl who a need morph if there is no good skills to use in it.
Mb that is one of the reasons why players use only old craft bombs for Astro/QT farm only and will be, no good skills like other caster got, no reason to even think/ask about caster sin concept.

At this moment i got few ideas about oskill combos on a caster sin, because i'm a fun of PB.

But i guess i'm alone and it was need 2 global patches to nerf druid's HB, who actually cares...
I have no reason to use skills from her tree, better craft old bombs then current one.

vadust
Scaled Mutant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by archon256 on Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:41 pm

@vadust wrote:I have no idea why nobody asks to nerf Witch Wind?
Why does ppl wand to nerf not faimous skills that are not so godly OP as a few well known.
Most people don't want anything nerfed. I've made my share of nerf requests over the year, but I find most people don't particularly care for balance in a single player game of this sort.
And just to repeat myself, I was only talking about early game. I knew Psi Storm is weak and unpopular late game (lots of reasons for this) so I wasn't asking for changes there.

@vadust wrote:
Caster sin ideas are very rare to see, very low amount of players actually try it
Well yeah, I agree with you there.

@vadust wrote:
I know that you was not wanted to happen such things but pls be carefull, you know mod's makers do such things, remember all Laz weird moves....
So what, we should never say anything about nerfing in case the craaaaazy modmakers destroy our precious skills? That's just paranoia.

@vadust wrote:
Syngularity, as it was already mentioned could be casted few times before the first one will ends, but it got same problem like PS, nobody actually use it, except you could give it aim ability...(joke or no...)
I like how it casts on your feet. Makes it a bit more of a tactical skill to use. I mostly want that darn timer removed so you can do classy blink-in bombing. Very ninja.

archon256
Amazon Warrior

I Am Someone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 46 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 31 ... 46  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum