XIII Bugs&Feedback

Page 31 of 46 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 38 ... 46  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: XIII Bugs&Feedback

Post by MarcoNecroX on Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:36 pm

The first realm only content people should ask for is the antidupe bot. seriously
randomly adding MP items to SP so that someone finds them and spreads them all over on madhouse for free.. yeah, productive

MarcoNecroX
Malthael

Führer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by archon256 on Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:37 pm

As an SP-only player, I am perfectly okay with limiting the most powerful items to MP.

Can you look at some of the other posts though?

archon256
Amazon Warrior

I Am Someone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by pa5call on Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:43 pm

@Myth0s wrote:
...adding secret items and stuff to SP as well would be fair. I mean, it would do no harm, but only give the SP players some new stuff to get / find out.

....Bru:, U have to understand that online players actually support the mod by playing on TSW. More players = better mod review.  Playing SP does nothing apart from +1 to  download counter. Support the mod by increasing the number of online players (thus making it look more attractive for new ones) and in return, you will get a nice secret item.  Razz

pa5call
Cathedral Drow

TGGood 7

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MarcoNecroX on Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:44 pm

@archon256 wrote:Can you look at some of the other posts though?

sure, nothing was found.

MarcoNecroX
Malthael

Führer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sexen on Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:55 pm

@MarcoNecroX wrote:
@Sexen wrote:Feedback: Quit modding this mod like it's a multiplayer mod when the core of it is a single player one :PYou are biased because you only play multiplayer and think Single Player is cheats Laughing

So who says the core is SP?

You know as well as I do that MedianXL is a single player mod. Secret realm only items have been in place even when laz was modding and eventually were released into single player in later patches. You took this a step further and created a third set of available sacred uniques which is awesome no complaint there. Now it seems items like beads of the snake king (I never seen it but i've read about it in a guide Rolling Eyes ) have been created for your realm. Not really an issue with me as it gives incentive to play online. I remember being the first to find one of the secret uniques on old realm so I get it. One of my real issues is drop rates in single player and balancing. I have farmed many different versions of maps in various areas on various builds and for the most part, some items seem to never drop. I look at Madhouse threads and going very far back no one has ever posted they had said items. You can't lead me to believe that I am the only one unlucky. I am not only talking about arrowsider either there are roughly 5 off the top of my head. I have things in ultimative that I could only dreamed were legit drops in cmxl so I know you have changed drop rates. Another issue is some of the new ubers feel like they would be more possible (without cheesing) if I could rejoin the game. Without some form of lan network or playing on multiplayer this isnt possible. At the moment on single player bracy and even uldyssian (i know you are currently modifying) can be a disaster even with clean tp's and "gg" body recovery skillz. I think you have made them slightly too hard to complete in one game without the ability to rejoin. I haven't even went to the witch yet but I heard its crazy as well. It's like all yolo pure offensive swag and hope you complete the uber in one try or start over. Again this is without cheesing. Cheesing makes this irrelevant of course Razz I have other opinions of where the game feels like "it would just work" in multiplayer but this has become a wall of text Sad

Sexen
Howling Spirit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aspirine101 on Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:04 pm

We all know marco won't add items to sp Very Happy

But marco, the reason that they (we) are playing SP is NOT because we wanna dupe or use qoo. No. There are people who hate playing with lags which greatly add up to the already existing sprite limits etc, so we get both fps drop AND server lag. There are also people who don't like to create huge amounts of chars just because they love hoarding some cool items (and hoarding is one thing that I, and many players love to do tbh) and as explained in last page, there are ppl with poor to no internet connection so they can't play TSW.

Now, duping has got to be a big problem in SP, it's a fact, and the problem must be smashed, but there is no way to smash it.
But if someone can already dupe full cowboy set and all the sssu's he wants, why would you care for more items being duped or not?

Aspirine101
Lord Primus

Islamic B&D Princess
TGGood None

View user profile http://lmgtfy.com/?q=median+xl.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Myth0s on Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:10 pm

@aspirine101 wrote:We all know marco won't add items to sp Very Happy

But marco, the reason that they (we) are playing SP is NOT because we wanna dupe or use qoo. No. There are people who hate playing with lags which greatly add up to the already existing sprite limits etc, so we get both fps drop AND server lag. There are also people who don't like to create huge amounts of chars just because they love hoarding some cool items (and hoarding is one thing that I, and many players love to do tbh) and as explained in last page, there are ppl with poor to no internet connection so they can't play TSW.

Now, duping has got to be a big problem in SP, it's a fact, and the problem must be smashed, but there is no way to smash it.
But if someone can already dupe full cowboy set and all the sssu's he wants, why would you care for more items being duped or not?

Exactly, you covered the rest of the reasons why people are on SP.
Furthermore, Marco, CAN you add the antidupe bot for the SP? I wouldn't mind, I bet 90% of the players wouldn't mind. It isn't that hard to play legit.
I would like new items on SP, yeah, but I get it that won't happen. Still, let's say, Diablo clone, we could have that on SP, considering that it is hard as hell, it would only bring more fun to the SP, for those who are persisant and want to have even bigger challenge.
Don't get me wrong, like all the players here, I appreciate the effort you put into the mod and it's upgrading, this is just my opinion / wishlist. Mr Green's Umbrella 

Myth0s
Que-Hegan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sexen on Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:15 pm

antidupe bot was a troll. You can always back up character saves with plugY.

Aspirine is correct in all points. Especially since I have a 100% perfect rolled ancient armor natasha that a good forum buddy of mine made for me. I have leaked it to a few people that aren't retarded but it could easily be flooded to everyone. That would negate your cant be unsocketed fix for single player. Not adding items because they can be duped is not a valid argument.

Dclone for sure should be allowed on single player and was at one time.

Sexen
Howling Spirit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by archon256 on Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:22 pm

It doesn't matter if you don't dupe, the point is if even one player who plays dupes he can poison the well by trading it multiple times with legit players.

@Sexen wrote:Especially since I have a 100% perfect rolled ancient armor natasha that a good forum buddy of mine made for me. I have leaked it to a few people that aren't retarded but it could easily be flooded to everyone. That would negate your cant be unsocketed fix for single player.
Wait, how is this an argument against duping? You just gave an example of duping that you've done personally.

@Myth0s wrote:Still, let's say, Diablo clone, we could have that on SP, considering that it is hard as hell, it would only bring more fun to the SP, for those who are persisant and want to have even bigger challenge.
Enable DClone and have him drop only a chipped gem when you kill him. There you go, you get your challenge.

Last edited by archon256 on Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

archon256
Amazon Warrior

I Am Someone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Myth0s on Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:23 pm

Sexen, of course you can back up characters. But that should be a challenge for Marco, let him come up with something that can stop duping. Razz

Myth0s
Que-Hegan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 31 of 46 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 38 ... 46  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum