I have one of each character (lvl 120) and can't do anything...

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I have one of each character (lvl 120) and can't do anything...

Post by Mason_Jar on Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:24 am

Hello! I'm fairly new to the Median XL scene, but I've been playing Diablo II since ~2001. My favorite character is the Melee sorc because I just got the mysteries set and it seems to be stronger than anything I've found thus far... But not strong enough.

I've done a few ubers, mainly with my Fire/Ice elemental Druid (shooting through walls) while my friend used his Necromancer and summons to tank while I did the DPS. (We enjoy team work). So I only play offline or TCP/IP games (LAN). I have one of every character at level 120 and I cannot even kill Destruction baal with any of them.

Since my Elemental Druid has been nerfed and can no longer shoot through walls, he really kind of stinks! It seems that was the HUGE benefit to using him all along, I could pre-fire walls and corners to detect and kill enemies.. Now I'm forced to face them, and they hurt!  So now I can't farm much.

My biggest problem is that I am very limited on gear. I see a lot guides saying "Don't be lazy and start crafting and make honorifics and farm these other places"... Honestly Ive done all that and it's still sub-par. I can post screen shots of my gear if anyone needs. I've spent hours upon hours farming the most annoying places (nethalik guy [excuse spelling]) and it seems the drops are no better than what I get on Terror Cows and Destuction Mephisto/Andariel/Diablo runs. The Sacred items are scarce... The ones mentioned in builds are SO specific that I can't even find TU's that make up half the items attributes. The guides rarely post equipment that you can use to get the point of having all these great Sacred items.

I don't really have a preference in character, play style, or anything... I just want a character who can farm for gear while using bad gear or gear that I can obtain at this point. I know its a long shot, but I've seriously spent 40+ hours farming for shrines, money, jewels, gems, runes, sacred rares, items for honorifics, arcane crystals (many uniques!), and much more... I've found all this farming useless in the end. After its all said and done with and I feel all mighty and powerful with my new crafted gear, x2 MO bonus weapon, honor gloves and runeword plate!!!! ... I die. and die... So what's next?

I've spent hours reading the forums and I'm hoping the right people will find this and come to me with help. I'll be willing to post my builds, gear, stats, skills ANYTHING for help. Thanks for reading and sorry for the HUGE post. Its just that when I find a mildly helpful post it never explains WHY I want to certain procs and things. I go for them anyways, and in the end I'm still here asking for help. Thanks Median XL Community for reading  Razz

Edit: About a minute ago I finally killed baal on my melee sorc! I am so happy that I finally did it.  Cheers!   Dancing  now I just need help with the ubers! Thanks for reading everyone.

Mason_Jar
Hivehost

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I have one of each character (lvl 120) and can't do anything...

Post by Metalistas on Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:06 pm

So you are telling that you done Destruction Baal and now you are hunting charms ? O_o
You can always read the docs and pick the ubers/dungeons/heroic/etc bosses starting from easy ones. Those small charms do add up in the end.

Since my Elemental Druid has been nerfed and can no longer shoot through walls, he really kind of stinks!

NO.

Metalistas
Goliath

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by FrostS on Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:47 pm

Write plz which ubers u did, then I can advise u which u should try next.
Killing Baal with elemental druid is easy:
get -200% enemy cold res
put gems with +% to cold spell damage and +energy factor
put several xar runes
eat oil +15 skills before using goodberry
skills: max banshee, life from berries, armor from berries, acid friends, 1 point to force of nature

summon 25 fiends, come to baal and cast banshee

FrostS
Corruptor Warlock

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mason_Jar on Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:24 am

Thanks for the replies guys!

About the Ele Druid - I just seem to die in 1 hit no matter what. Maybe my set up is wrong... I keep trying new guides when I don't find immediate success, I should probably be more patient with them. Thanks for the reply though! Here's a list of the ubers I've completed with my friend: All Summon uber monsters quests. The 3000 BA with the skeletons is done. Duncraig was a recent completion (sheer dumb luck!). Fauntz has JUST been completed last night. That's it so far.

For FrostS, I did kill baal on my druid and melee sorc finally. The druid was MUCH easier because I have many tanks and can stay away. The melee sorc took around... 20 tries? maybe 30...

The oil + life berry is great advice! That'll help a lot.

Are the sets worth looking for and keeping? I keep every Sacred unique, disenchant 90% TU's, and keep all set items (regardless). Sets seem powerful and easy to obtain, they are more common in my drops than Sacred Uniques and Destruction cows (easily done with my druid) DROP A LOT!

Mason_Jar
Hivehost

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by FrostS on Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:25 pm

@Mason_Jar wrote:Thanks for the replies guys!
I've completed with my friend: All Summon uber monsters quests. The 3000 BA with the skeletons is done. Duncraig was a recent completion (sheer dumb luck!). Fauntz has JUST been completed last night.
All summon?  Shocked Including Uldyssian and Brother Laz? http://mxl.vn.cz/doc/
And what do you mean under 'completed Fauntz'? There is no charm there...

FrostS
Corruptor Warlock

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mason_Jar on Sun Jan 05, 2014 5:02 am

Wow, I feel really stupid and uniformed right now. I'm completely wrong and I apologize. Here is a list of the quests completed that are offered by Median XL. These quests are completed through multiple characters. I have a shared stash that allows me to share the charms. It's a hassle, but there are some I've only completed on luck. Here is the list:
Dungeon:
Creature of Flame
Death Projector
Azmodan

Summon:
The Butcher
Binding of Baal
Assault on mount Arreat
Akarat
Lord Aldric Jitan
Legacy of Blood
Judgement Day

Uber Level:
Kurast 3000 (character charm only, 1 of each)
Island of Sunless Sea
Tran Athulua (Sunstone of Elements only)
Fauntz (possible only with my melee sorc on destruction for runes, haven't done BRC yet)
Duncraig (x2 Assur's Bane, x2 Demonsbane)

Heroic Level:
Quov Tsin

Challenges:
Level 0-2
Ennead Challenge

I have not received any trophies yet. I'm usually just grateful enough to grab the charm and run for the hills. Sorry for the confusion!

Mason_Jar
Hivehost

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by iwansquall on Sun Jan 05, 2014 6:54 am

wait, you completed quov tsin but you couldnt do other easier uber one?

CoV
Rathma Square
Bremmtown
Rodeo Bull Prince / Cow Level

iwansquall
Blood Golem

Underpowered Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mason_Jar on Sun Jan 05, 2014 8:23 am

@iwansquall wrote:wait, you completed quov tsin but you couldnt do other easier uber one?

CoV
Rathma Square
Bremmtown
Rodeo Bull Prince / Cow Level

I know it may sound odd, but I did not complete Qouv Tsin with either my Ele Druid or my Melee Sorc. I actually did the challenge with a Phalanx Amazon using Phantom runeword with x2 MO (shoots the ice so I know when it hits), I credit this for my success.

http://www.medianxl.com/t3303-uber-farming-with-bowazon

In the link above the runeword is mentioned for use in the Temple of Vanity (which I've tried this person's tactics and failed). I figured the same concept would work here since I don't actually want to meet this Quov guy head on. It did work, but I will admit I died around 15 times.

I'll have to try the first 3 places you've listed, as I have yet to do so. However I haven't beaten Destruction Baal on all my toons. My amazon can not even handle Terror Cows (1 player), my paladin has been respec'd so many times he's just lost, my caster-sinn is half way there.

For my 2 toons who have accomplished Destruction.. The Melee sorc has a very hard time reaching Rodeo. He sends this circular knock back aura that pushes my Sorc into death, if I survive a bull will usually just come and trample me. As for my druid, he's very strong now (thanks to the suggestions above!) but I haven't done BRC (It's so hard!) and he's a little too weak to survive bull prince.

What's next? Well as for me, I will continue to keep trying my luck with aforementioned ubers. I really appreciate the help and support. Any further advice is more than welcome!

Right now my toons are:

Caster-Dinn: Apocalypse/Lightning
Bowazon: Phalanx and run (may respec into a Javizon as I've heard good things)
Druid: Fire/Ice elemental
Necromancer: Crossbow
Sorc: Melee
Caster-sin: Fire and -%resist.

Mason_Jar
Hivehost

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Metalistas on Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:36 am

About that cathedral of vanity. Maybe Marco read the guide and put the obsticle to prevent this phalanx abuse :DI haven't leveled up amazon in XIII yet, but in previous version XI? i have done cathedral multiple times and it did work smooth.
Rathma square is a tricky. The key here is to get in, kill him fast, pick if dropped and get out/die. All you listed chars are kinda squishy. But they should do fine on speed factor. After entrance you go straight to the right side of map. There are two sides to choose from or you can blink across. Then explode you best damage at boss and hope for success. This is very fast and like lotery type - you scratch ticket and see if you won or not Smile

Thanks for reference. Also i died for QTsin about 39 times but done it with fire/cold sorc Very Happy

Metalistas
Goliath

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mason_Jar on Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:01 am

@Metalistas wrote:About that cathedral of vanity. Maybe Marco read the guide and put the obsticle to prevent this phalanx abuse :DI haven't leveled up amazon in XIII yet, but in previous version XI? i have done cathedral multiple times and it did work smooth.
Rathma square is a tricky. The key here is to get in, kill him fast, pick if dropped and get out/die. All you listed chars are kinda squishy. But they should do fine on speed factor. After entrance you go straight to the right side of map. There are two sides to choose from or you can blink across. Then explode you best damage at boss and hope for success. This is very fast and like lotery type - you scratch ticket and see if you won or not Smile

Thanks for reference. Also i died for QTsin about 39 times but done it with fire/cold sorc Very Happy

WOW! That guide WAS from you! It's actually really cool to have you on my post. I'll try fooling around with Phalanx more, I really wish Ghost Arrow was still around though. You're right, every character I have (besides in my opinion the melee sorc) dies extremely fast. The reason for this trend is because I've found it easier to stay away and shoot my enemies rather than die head on. Maybe I was trying the wrong characters Shocked Do all Amazons use Estatic Frenzy? It hurts defense for offensive gain. I just want to survive. I gotta find a less squishy character. A tank would be fun, I just have to find one. Maybe a tree Druid?

Mason_Jar
Hivehost

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum