High defense

View previous topic View next topic Go down

High defense

Post by laogan on Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:44 am

Hi all,

Im new to this game and have been looking around the forums and been seeing people mentioning that their defense is in the 200-500k ranges. I am currently playing a bowazon and i only see my defense at 23k with 9k life (due to the talent that gives me life with gems.) I am not sure how u guys can achieve such high def ratings. Can you guys roughly share how u guys achieve such high armor and life? I been farming destruction chaos sanctuary (only 1 i can farm as in K3KBA i die instantly in destruction and in terror i keep having problem getting the totems).

laogan
Fallen One

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: High defense

Post by gg2 on Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:04 am

Getting to such amount of defense is pretty easy with some characters. Bowazon however, don't rely on defense to survive. In fact, most people use ectasic frenzy ,wich set your defense to 0, for the dmg and speed it gives. It's pretty much impossible to achieve such high def with a bowazon, you need to run and kill faster than you are killed. If your main goal is to achieve such defense, you could respec into spear zon, because she have huge def bonus from her passive.

TL:DR The best defense is attack.

gg2
Scaled Mutant

Marco's Favorite

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by laogan on Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:10 am

Thanks for the reply gg2. But with no defense at all, it seems that any range attacks on me basically brings me down and i still cant progress out of chaos sanctuary. Any idea how we can deal with that?

laogan
Fallen One

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Spartacuss on Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:32 am

Try not to get hit too much, with your skill paragon and around 10k life you should be able to handle a few ranged hits , dodge others and stay out of range :)thats how i did at least ! Hehe you can almost kill everything out of your screen as a bowzon

Spartacuss
Asatruar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by buffaloburger on Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:15 pm

Its mostly a don't get hit situation. Utilize your environment to control angles of attack, try to pull only what you can handle at once. Funnel and try to keep enough room to sidestrafe/circlestrafe projectiles. Maybe even utilize a lolsummon to draw an initial volley for a chance to poke/draw safely. Just slowing down in general to avoid frustration's negative effects on playing ability helps.

10k HP is a nice buffer. Takes ~800 damage to put you into hit recovery. If you have poor FHR it becomes impossible to avoid the other projectiles after the first connects so that is also worth consideration.

buffaloburger
Que-Hegan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by l_Caxius_l on Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:42 pm

Utilize your surroundings, kite into choke points, etc.

Also, gear with Damage Reduction or Life when Struck help a bit with this as well.

l_Caxius_l
Balrog

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum