K3BA Charm Drop Rate

View previous topic View next topic Go down

K3BA Charm Drop Rate

Post by Mythic~ on Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:15 pm

I've run K3BA on Destruction at least 10 times now and I still haven't had a hammer drop from the necromancers. Has the drop rate been reduced, or am I just unlucky?

Mythic~
Cabalist

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: K3BA Charm Drop Rate

Post by Soponator on Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:22 pm

1/12 Docs know stuff. read them Very Happy

And use Short question Thread please Click ME

Soponator
Baal

Hairy Ass Argentinian
TGGood 125

View user profile http://www.medianxl.com/t4645-bienvenidos-al-foro-oficial-de-med

Back to top Go down

Post by Mythic~ on Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:28 pm

I read the docs. Killing over 30 necromancers and not getting a 1/12 drop rate is pretty iffy.

Mythic~
Cabalist

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by FrostS on Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:49 pm

@Mythic it is 7% so it is the same as you get it from first necro ^^

FrostS
Corruptor Warlock

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by grimjerk on Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:06 am

@Mythic~ wrote:I read the docs. Killing over 30 necromancers and not getting a 1/12 drop rate is pretty iffy.

Apparently they don't teach about the gambler's fallacy in Canadian schools. Oh well they don't teach it much in 'Murican schools either. Individual probabilistic events are discreet. Kill a thousand necro's and each time the odd are 1 in 12. Go get yourself a pair of percentile dice from someones gaming bag. Roll them and see how often you get an 01,02,03,04,05,06 or 07.

grimjerk
Prince Albrecht

Grumpy Uncle Grimjerk knows best!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mythic~ on Sat Jan 04, 2014 4:07 am

@grimjerk wrote:
@Mythic~ wrote:I read the docs. Killing over 30 necromancers and not getting a 1/12 drop rate is pretty iffy.

Apparently they don't teach about the gambler's fallacy in Canadian schools. Oh well they don't teach it much in 'Murican schools either. Individual probabilistic events are discreet. Kill a thousand necro's and each time the odd are 1 in 12. Go get yourself a pair of percentile dice from someones gaming bag. Roll them and see how often you get an 01,02,03,04,05,06 or 07.

Okay. For one, I'm surprised how quickly that turned into an ethnic jab. I was born in canada, yeah, but educated in America.
Secondly, let's take a look at drop rate as geometric probability. Maybe I'm unlucky and it'll be my 31st kill that gets me a hammer.

11/12 ^ 30 * 1/12 = ~0.612%.

But whatever, I guess i'm just an unlucky bastard.

Mythic~
Cabalist

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MarcoNecroX on Sat Jan 04, 2014 4:20 am

say hello to the RNG (random number generator).

okay the rng is a bitch. the first way to deal against the rng, is not to think about the rng. if you count the amount of runs you're not getting it, then you're feeding the RNG. also, repeating a process over and over negatively feeds the RNG as well. For example, you go to duncraig to find a sacred ceremonial armor, and everytime you kill a monster you think "did it drop?" - I can guarantee it will require more time than learning to play beethoven's 9th symphony on a stringless ukulele

so you probably think, "wtf is this guy talking about", well all I'm saying is true. Sometimes the RNG will troll you, so you need to either complete a process in the less repetitive way possible, like try with other build. or randomly go clear blood moor to see if a marksman umo drops and go back to try. as mentioned before, don't pay attention to the RNG. singing songs by rick astley usually helps as it keeps you distracted. or take a trip to alaska and try again tomorrow. belive me, the odds of luck will be in your favor next time.

also, k3k charm is useless.

MarcoNecroX
Malthael

Führer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Xplosive on Sat Jan 04, 2014 2:33 pm

@MarcoNecroX wrote:

also, k3k charm is useless.

Charms list . Collector's edition

Xplosive