TTL - Deva King (semi guide) (hc)

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

TTL - Deva King (semi guide) (hc)

Post by MarcoNecroX on Sat Jan 04, 2014 4:04 am

hi guise, this is my new journey playing devadin, tsw ladder
tribute to laz - deva king paladin - build designed by laz
using some twinking by TributeToAahz, in honor of modsbylaz being hosted by aahz

EARLY GAME

okay let's get on with it (sorry for nigga talk, im tired)

simple concept - as we know holy melee retaliadin has the flaw of requiring to be hit to actually deal damage, but this is finally a viable manly paladin, for those who don't know manly stands for using a huge hammer (which is proportional to.. you know) instead of using shields which is what female paladins would use. the bigger the hammer, the stronger the build

so basically we have skyrocket def so that we can't actually get hit but we use dragonmorph to get retaliation sparkles and just rape any enemies. the build uses as low resistances as possible, because a man doesn't need resistance, just damage, life, defense and a big hammer. And full strength.

skills > simple
- dragon oath: epic splash fire damage, requires low timer, makes us a dragon
- deva king: LoS, deadly strike and the required attack speed for dragonform, and sparklez
- retaliate: damage per strength, we like strength, so we like damage
- merkabah: mainly due to the fact that there isn't really anything else we can put points on, but gets dmg per strength, so we like it
- rapture: because strength isn't synonym of fat, we need to show the world our sprinting skills
- lionheart: %str to vit, def, damage, so we like this skill because we like damage

playthrough guide: attack stuff, kill stuff, boost your ego and don't forget to kill more stuff

early-gear

okay gear, more simple stuff
- weap: hand of god, because there is no bigger weapon essentially. tslam on attack = gg
- armor: gothic plate because a) its the best looking armor in the game and b) because it has the word strength several times on it
- helm: well in helm he use a helm. simple logic. it has godlike on-attack procs (RoF, tremor & lavapit) makes bosses easy
- shield: none because this is a male build
- boots: death spur has all we need
- gloves: heavy gloves, glacial nova on attack is gg
- belt: heavy belt, clear op choice, SoR, str, cb
- amulet: whatever you like, early best is +hp and +skills
- rings: empyrean is good, but since this is a TTL, I use myokai's path ring (his nick when releasing his first mod ever), and because of %exp
> sockets: eld runes because obviously we don't invest in dex since we are manly, we still need attack rating to hit stuff

random screenshot, as you can see, melee char with 0 res can actually clear sewers, just need to be a man

endgame: of course i'm only level 32 and i'll be 120 when i go back to playing tomorrow.  I'm not entirely sure. I'm considering some type of hybrid, need to check viability in skills like death blossom which would be ideal: fast casting, good synergy with dragon oath, doesn't require AR, can proc on-attack like Tslam - which doesn't check AR and can be used with plague efficiently.  optionally adding colosseum once oath timer is 1 second for intensive skillswitch (lag would fuck this up though)

goal: get owned by brother laz in dest, with as much expensive gear as possible

to be continued...

Last edited by MarcoNecroX on Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:02 am; edited 1 time in total

MarcoNecroX
Malthael

Führer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TTL - Deva King (semi guide) (hc)

Post by MarcoNecroX on Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:01 am

MID GAME

sup fans, here's manly paladin again, this time with the mid-game stuff.

okay first of all, many people think mid-game are levels 90 or so but that's plain wrong, mid game is once you're level 120, in destruction difficulty (preferably act 3+), and have all quests/challenges from hatred/terror finished (sometimes brc / dogmas can take longer).

Okay so waddap? there a few tweaks. Character is still manly obviously (point of the build) but since we already show how manly we are on the early game section, we can now stop showing off and act less manly.

> STATS
-- strength: enough to be able to wear the high base-def stuff because we are not kids using leather gloves or stuff like that, we want gauntlets, gothic plate, etc.
-- dex: well around 100-150 here should be ok, 15k attack rate + is ideal for mid
-- vita: none, really we are too hybrid already to put points here
-- energy: leftovers, because having maxed dragon oath (energy factor) and having no energy feels retarded

> SKILLS
- retaliate: 1 point is enough here, main skill for now (can't find something better atm), spread plague
- hammerstrike: 1 point, fairly better at boss killing than retaliate (AR and dmg boost)
- lionheart: max, for uber defense and some damage
- dragon oath: max, for dragon morph and epic fire damage, with enough mana leech you can spam it
- deva king: max, LoSiM, deadly strike, and pretty much what the build is based about
- blessed life: max, %DR and bonus heal to apples (easy jday)
- plague: max, poison damagez !

> GEAR: okay here as mid-game and HC play (in my case) and untwinked (early game was twinked, mid isn't) our best options are crafts & runewords.

WEAPON: i choose this one because it looks terribly badass (taqiyya), and because it's pretty much the only you can afford - TU hand of god is sadly not viable because it's damage sucks dick (like 700 max damage lawl)

ARMOR: okay I didn't find anything suitable yet, probably need to wait for a good SU drop - bonuses here are not too bad

HELM: so first I was crafting pala helms but they get shitty stats really. so I go with traditional circlet with +3sk. Note there are a few pala rw helms that looks decent, one has 50% uninterruptable for example, which would make it 100% together with taqiyya. On this one I use hidden for main, and abandoned for bless, you should never bless with hidden.

AMULET: didn't get shit yet (because I didn't look) hymn isn't too bad, probably best midgame is lamen unique ammy which isn't too rare and gives a crapton of skills / flat stats / res

RING: then again midgame, pretty much your only option is rares, I found this one which isn't terribly bad

RING2: decent find in terror fauzt I guess, 5% aa, but then again rares can do their job

GLOVES: pretty godly hidden low level craft, with abandoned bless, MO'd with -EFR and -EPR

BELT: classic one here, not much to add, godly proc and flat str

BOOTS: probably best craft boots you will see in your sad life (unless you're playing this build), two good reanimates, req level 45 and %ED, lucky %DR, perf dex bless 10%, with very good %AR and +dex from blessing too.

note that you need a Ko rune on every item because it's a term for knock-out, again manly-only stuff

mid-stats: life gets boosted a bit over 7k with destro shaman, I forgot to show dragon oath damage but it's over 30k, and even more after burning veil from unseelie lady, have like 50%DR, -100%EPR -100%EFR, enough manaleech to keep casting dragon oath nonstop, and huge life on melee hit

no fire res because we ain't scared to fire

peace !

Last edited by MarcoNecroX on Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:08 am; edited 1 time in total

MarcoNecroX
Malthael

Führer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MarcoNecroX on Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:02 am

reserved for endgame

sorry I deleted all comments but I forgot to put placeholders before^^

MarcoNecroX
Malthael

Führer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jesusjuice on Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:16 am

so new dragon pala is mainly melee? none of the caster spells? what about ctc? also you say the most damage is best for char. so does that mean you should only proc phys/magic and +resis%? or there or other ways the play the build?

jesusjuice
Glowing Blob

Confused as hell!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MarcoNecroX on Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:24 am

no, only 1 skill is melee ( deva king ), this is an hybrid

at some point I was having all 6 elements (glacial nova / flat cold damage from Tu heavy gloves)

but right now im focusing on fire/poison (-100% enemy res) and of course phys/magic from regular attacks.
poison damage comes from plague, while fire comes from oath (which does great dmg) and immolation bomb from taqiyya

nothing is defined then again in endgame you can usually choose what you really want to wear but in mid game (and pretty much HC overall) your options are a lot smaller

MarcoNecroX
Malthael

Führer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jesusjuice on Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:36 am

but as shown in the screenshots, the ctc are lower than usual, arent you going at least switch for rw and craft to 120 so that the ctc for those hits are higher? or are you crowding/hoarding the enemies before you attack?

jesusjuice
Glowing Blob

Confused as hell!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MarcoNecroX on Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:38 am

well 25 ctc immo/nova bomb is a lot if you ask, and they are finishers (retaliate+plague weaken enemies)

well you kind of crowd enemies, it's rather impossible not to crowd them for any melee char

MarcoNecroX
Malthael

Führer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jesusjuice on Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:43 am

kk good to know, this build is great for dova pally! (when i heard dova i thought skyrim like the mods laz makes, maybe you make a uber skill called fus do rah like in skyrim?) also i cant wait to see what this looks like endgame. maybe farm dcow easily? cookie  Very Happy Clap Clap Salut  Thumbs Up 

jesusjuice
Glowing Blob

Confused as hell!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Metalistas on Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:18 am

Nice. Is this build good 1v1 or 1vmany ?

Spoiler:

Metalistas
Goliath

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by axios on Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:15 pm

dem crafts Marcoo.ur stronK  Salut 

axios
Slain Soul

weaK