There's something about Median

View previous topic View next topic Go down

There's something about Median

Post by Naabaanit on Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:45 am

I discovered this mod a while back and have played through the various versions starting from 1.f9(?) and most recently Ultimative V7

Now, something I've noticed about this mod is that it takes a fair amount of parted devotion to achieve success, but not so much as to bore the average player into quitting. I, personally, am probably the worst veteran Diablo player out there; I only recently started using hot keys and understanding the mechanics and stats in the mod and vanilla game.

This is how good I am, however, so I don't complain about hard levels or challenges, I just keep trying them over and over. I can now get most ubercharms, aside from a pesky few (Rathma's Square, Akarat, KoS, etc.) that I have no idea how to beat. I realize something that A LOT of players don't, though, and that's that you must ADAPT to the uber.

Hell, I've even worked my way up to getting a heroic charm from Quov Tsin (he's the second hardest I believe) with a few stacked resistances and a Storm Crows assassin (I feel a few of you cringing). This made me happy BEYOND belief and helped my realization.

One last thing I want to mention is that this beautiful community has helped me in my journey through Median. I've used so many guides and pointers in my playthroughs that some have become automatic do-it's for me.

Thanks to all you guys :3

Naabaanit
Bloodfire Rogue

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: There's something about Median

Post by Sexen on Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:03 am

This is how good I am, however, so I don't complain about hard levels or challenges, I just keep trying them over and over. I can now get most ubercharms, aside from a pesky few (Rathma's Square, Akarat, KoS, etc.) that I have no idea how to beat. I realize something that A LOT of players don't, though, and that's that you must ADAPT to the uber

If every newbie did this, they would get further then they think. Epic post.

Also, you sound like you know more then you are giving yourself credit for. Twisted Evil

Sexen
Howling Spirit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Naabaanit on Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:09 am

Ah, thank you!

Naabaanit
Bloodfire Rogue

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aspirine101 on Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:20 am

Welcome to median Smile

The ubers, let me tell you we were all like that, and a lot of people (including me) still cannot complete uberquests like Brother Laz, Startled Witch etc. The thing is, there are those ubers that you must adapt to, as you said, but some of them just can't be completed with a specific char.

For example, you wouldn't go with an elemental druid to kill Brother Laz, but you would with assassin. Why? Because you must focus on survivability rather than damage. And survivability is what the assassin has.

Aspirine101
Lord Primus

Islamic B&D Princess
TGGood None

View user profile http://lmgtfy.com/?q=median+xl.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Naabaanit on Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:37 am

I've noticed that each of the characters has their own unique way of coping with survivability, and that those ways don't pair up too well with certain ubers. I have a few characters that succeed where others fail. For example, my Trap Rat Druid is perfect for Duncraig, but my Storm Crows Assassin can't even get past the entrance because of her lack of AOE and tankability. Dodge and max block only get you so far when there are huge mobs. That is where meat shields come in handy.

Then, in other Ubers, resists are much more important than defense, or vice-versa, and AOE is more effective than single target/small range skills in other places. Right?

Naabaanit
Bloodfire Rogue

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by flubbucket on Sat Jan 04, 2014 10:56 am

@aspirine101 wrote:Welcome to median Smile

The ubers, let me tell you we were all like that, and a lot of people (including me) still cannot complete uberquests like Brother Laz, Startled Witch etc. The thing is, there are those ubers that you must adapt to, as you said, but some of them just can't be completed with a specific char.

For example, you wouldn't go with an elemental druid to kill Brother Laz, but you would with assassin. Why? Because you must focus on survivability rather than damage. And survivability is what the assassin has.

This is the thing I'm learning more than anything. I have many of the different builds started and progressing well. I do notice how some are more strategically able to handle different ubers better than others. At first I thought I was just not playing it well, but I see the strengths/weaknesses and adjust my playstyle accordingly. My bucket of fun is over filled.

flubbucket
Necrobot

Creepy Old Geezer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Naabaanit on Sat Jan 04, 2014 6:50 pm

I've made so many characters in Median that I've pretty much used every cookie cutter build out there (accidentally, of course), along with various strange builds like caster barb or bow sorc. When faced with all these choices at the SP screen, I can kind of see which ones I'm not really good at: Barbarian (Melee), Amazon (Bow, Blood, Jav), Necromancer in general (though he was my favorite in D2vanilla because of bone spells and awesome skeleton summons.

Each character does have its own strengths and weaknesses, but every character can accomplish their goal with some tweaking.

Naabaanit
Bloodfire Rogue

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum