SoulShatter Necro Help.

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

SoulShatter Necro Help.

Post by LMAOseph on Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:07 pm

Just curious... Any tips/skill builds that can help me with a soulshatter necro?
Never played a necro before, atm I am a summoner/totem ro, but wanna give the ss a go.

Any advice is much appreciated!
Im off to work and will post what I have when I return. Thanks guys & gals! Cheers! 

LMAOseph
Invader

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: SoulShatter Necro Help.

Post by cowking on Sun Jan 05, 2014 1:01 pm

I played around with SS but eventually lost my nerve with the targeting and constant respamming of summons.

cowking
Clawstorm Terror

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LMAOseph on Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:07 pm

@cowking wrote:I played around with SS but eventually lost my nerve with the targeting and constant respamming of summons.
Well, don't you do it just like summoner/xbow? summon minion then insta other skill? almost like a double-click?
How did it work out for ya?

LMAOseph
Invader

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Splift on Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:14 pm

All you have to do is set summon lvl 1 shadow on one button and SS on the other hold shift then right click and left click over and over.

Tried it at low lvl with the lem runeword in necro scythe and even with just the base lvl of the oskill (no + skills) it kills stuff slightly offscreen. With charm set etc it would probably have the range of spike nova (multiple screens).

This skill should be very strong endgame, I remember before it was nerfed seeing a vid with a necro using this skill to keep fautz completely locked down (keep in mind fautz was much harder back then relative to the potential of any given build) and supposedly its back to that level minus some of the stun.

As for a build, basically just ur typical melee nec build will do. Obv you will need at least 1 pt shadow and may as well get void archon as well (the stun from SS should keep it alive). Pulling points from somewhere to get extra slow from talons hold could be a good idea(probably not needed tho). Stun from SS + void archon debuff + mass reanimates + slow +sor proc to debuff even more would basically completely lock down a massive area and probably have ridiculous killspeed as well.

Splift
Blood Stone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by cowking on Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:29 am

@LMAOseph wrote:Well, don't you do it just like summoner/xbow?  summon minion then insta other skill? almost like a double-click?
How did it work out for ya?

Everytime you shatter your minion dies, so you need to shift-click to resummon it, reducing your mobility and turning you into a melee necro, since you'll be standing still spamming buttons. Also SS has next delay which is hard to gauge since it fires 3 novas per shatter.

@Splift wrote:Tried it at low lvl with the lem runeword in necro scythe and even with just the base lvl of the oskill (no + skills) it kills stuff slightly offscreen. With charm set etc it would probably have the range of spike nova (multiple screens).

The range doesn't grow with slvl, unless it's been changed from v7 (the last I tried it).

@Splift wrote:As for a build, basically just ur typical melee nec build will do. Obv you will need at least 1 pt shadow and may as well get void archon as well (the stun from SS should keep it alive). Pulling points from somewhere to get extra slow from talons hold could be a good idea(probably not needed tho). Stun from SS + void archon debuff + mass reanimates + slow +sor proc to debuff even more would basically completely lock down a massive area and probably have ridiculous killspeed as well.

Afaik it doesn't have any stun (unless there's been a change I missed from v7), nor does 'stun attack' work with it.

Also you'll need a crafted scythe/dagger, so you can't use SU-SSSU.

Don't mean to sound depressive (it's definitely a doable build), you'll just have to decide if it's worth using over a traditional melee necro (especially considering all the button smashing). FCR is also another factor. It's almost like a melee caster of some sorts.

cowking
Clawstorm Terror

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Splift on Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:40 am

@cowking wrote:The range doesn't grow with slvl, unless it's been changed from v7 (the last I tried it).
Afaik it doesn't have any stun (unless there's been a change I missed from v7), nor does 'stun attack' work with it.
It has been changed and reverted to pre omega state minus some of the stun as of XII.

The range grows at .7 yard per soft point. My lvl 16 soulshatter is 15.3 yards. Afaik 14.2 yards is what you need to cover the screen so with a normal amount of + skills and a higher base lvl (crafts get up to 21) it will cover incredible distances.

I am not sure if the stun grows with Slvl, on my low lvl one it has .04 which sounds tiny and useless, but keep in mind it hits 3 times per cast so the first hit will stun and the following hits will put it in stun lock.

I'm also under the impression that this skill is based off attack speed, not cast speed (I could be wrong). Although even if it is you need cast speed to summon fast so maybe it would be better if it was pure cast.

Splift
Blood Stone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LMAOseph on Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:17 am

Wow, thanks guys!
I just switched to a more totem-y? necro, and its been an improvement.
I might actually start farming some gear more oriented towards SS and give it a go.
What do you prefer more? Scythe or dagger?

Id assume dagger, due to the ability to off hand. No?

LMAOseph
Invader

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by wow123400 on Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:21 am

That skill seems a great help for a melee-mancer,I have never tried that skill since when I start,soulshatter was already oskill-only  Sad  Does that skill do weapon damage?If it does,could be a very helpful source for proc

wow123400
Malthael

High Posting Cookie Monster
TGGood 100

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Splift on Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:01 am

@LMAOseph wrote:What do you prefer more? Scythe or dagger?

Id assume dagger, due to the ability to off hand. No?
Keeping in mind that I am just theorycrafting here and have only screwed around with it for a bit on a low level char, I would say start with a scythe since it will be easier to craft a high damage one due to much higher base damage. However if you are talking about godly end game crafts once you get ridiculous amounts of flat damage on it the difference in raw damage closes a lot and you can begin to think of the other benefits of going dex like a shield (with all the affixes they get added), block, good attack rating etc. Since this char would have such good crowd control, block might not be as much of a seller as it would be for other chars (key part is "as much" max block is still godly for any char), although the better and easier to get attack rating, along with offensive stats that you can get from shields might tip the scales offensively towards dagger.

One thing I am not sure of though is the differences in procs between necro daggers and necro scythes. Depending on what those are (if any) that could easily tip the scale one way or the other.

@wow123400 wrote: Does that skill do weapon damage?If it does,could be a very helpful source for proc
Its 3/4 wdm and yea imo it would be great for procs. One other big difference is that you can play ranged on this char and get the mass crowd control I discussed above so you may be able to give up much of the defense that a regular melee necro would want and focus on pure offensive and mass procs.

Splift
Blood Stone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by wow123400 on Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:52 am

Since you only have to kill one of your own summons,do you need AR at all?Or the nova after kill summon need AR

wow123400
Malthael

High Posting Cookie Monster
TGGood 100

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum