Meshif and his Wall of Parrots (andmoreomg)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Meshif and his Wall of Parrots (andmoreomg)

Post by Naabaanit on Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:06 am

So, I've had this nice little SU throwing knife called Meshif's Iron Parrot. It rolled perfect for me but missed on the double orb bonus, sadly.

Anyways, after I got this throwing knife for my throwsin I started doing Nihlathak runs and noticed something. That 100% reanimate as a critter actually works as meat shields too. I don't know if it's intended or not, nor if it has already been fixed (Ultimative v7; haven't upgraded yet, will tomorrow), but it is a boon. Plus, I don't believe that these parrots count as real "summons." Why? Because that whole thing with Kabraxis when he douses the screen with Oxyclean doesn't happen when he kills a parrot, so naturally this doesn't occur with any other bosses, giving you free distractions that don't attack stuff like Laz's totems. IF you'd need such a thing. It's a fun little concept though!

One more thing, though. This little knife prevents Stormscourge Shamans from eviscerating their children, and goat wizards from finally being able to blow up their annoying brothers! Yay!

Oh, plus, after about 520-ish runs I've gotten SotS, among about 300 or so SUs, so Nihlathak is my go to for farming.

Naabaanit
Bloodfire Rogue

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Meshif and his Wall of Parrots (andmoreomg)

Post by iwansquall on Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:09 am

That is weird, I thought it supposed to work like "Summon Raven" for druid in cLoD where it spawn "untargetable" minions.

But Im pretty sure their stat are much weaker than skeleton / fallen reanimate.

iwansquall
Blood Golem

Underpowered Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Naabaanit on Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:11 am

Oh yes, but there are much more of them. They have saved my life so many times. Them and the doom gong.

Naabaanit
Bloodfire Rogue

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by wow123400 on Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:18 am

Yes,that's one of the most beautiful weapon in the game,make nilathik runs like nothing,you never have to go back to town and revive your merc again,I used to use this weapon with my barb

wow123400
Malthael

High Posting Cookie Monster
TGGood 100

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Naabaanit on Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:21 am

On a barb? Where you a fortress barb, then? Or were you just melee?

Naabaanit
Bloodfire Rogue

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by wow123400 on Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:27 am

Fortress barbs are always melee+fortress bro  Mr Green 

Fairy ring wasn't that scary,it can never kill me,but my merc does not know needs to dodge those things,so I have to figure out a way to get ride of the corpse,first I use priest merc from act1,then I realize it is not enough,so high percentage reanimates are the 1st thing come in mind at the time  Very Happy 

wow123400
Malthael

High Posting Cookie Monster
TGGood 100

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Naabaanit on Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:34 am

Okies Very Happy 

Haha sorry about that little mistake. I usually try and read up on guides and such before I ask that stuff  Embarassed 

Btw, I haven't had much luck with mercs at all. I know they have a bunch of beneficial uses, but survivability is just...UHG. Have a quick gear tip?

Naabaanit
Bloodfire Rogue

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by iwansquall on Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:34 am

unless marco intended for the reanimate to be tanky, i could call that as a bug.

old laz intention was to make a flavour-ful SU that PREVENT all type of reanimate, while at same time giving you useless reanimate aka parrot.

as for 100% destroy corpse, it is normal to be that way because you can even get RIP recipe to prevent reanimate proc and corpse-spell from enemy.

iwansquall
Blood Golem

Underpowered Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum