Next Offline Doc innocent suggestions

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Next Offline Doc innocent suggestions

Post by Naabaanit on Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:15 am

I was just curious if an offline doc could be made to be editable or not without too much trouble. I see or hear so many new things in the forums that I feel should've been put into the docs and it just seems a bit inconvenient. No offense to the people working their asses off making the damn things just for people not too look, which is really shitty.

I know, I can just put the things I see in another word document or whatever, but again, it's inconvenient and messy. I won't complain if this editing won't be possible, it's just a thought.

I do want to suggest a few things to be added into the docs if they aren't already, though.
-Labeled oSkills that list cast type. (Spell/WDM)
-More in-depth info on Life/Mana leech types (what spell or attack types work)
-More in-depth on attack, on striking, on striking in melee, when attacked, etc. (may ease headaches)

All I can think of at this point. The docs are amazing either way!

Again, just a few suggestions I wanted to bring up since docs are my go-to. Thanks for all the hard work!

Naabaanit
Bloodfire Rogue

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Next Offline Doc innocent suggestions

Post by hellgrind on Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:42 am

1. Yes, oskill list must be updated and some kind segregate by wdm/spell dmg/ect criteria.

2. Life/mana leach worns like this:
-%life/mana leach works only for phys wdm (not work for shiruken fury/hail of stones ect)
-life/mana after kill works only with wdm, exception is poison spells. U'll get life/mana only if u kill mob with poison spell (plague avatar,gamma field, ect)

On attack - works only when u swind your weapon in meele range (a.k.a hitting monsters in their ugly faces)
On striking - works with every wdm skills (meele and ranged) like dragonlore/stormblast/retaliate/ect
On striking in meele - as name suggested, works only in meele range.
When attacked - iirc works only when you're attacked byt monsters with pchysical dmg. Dunno if it wokrs with monsters spells.

hellgrind
Burning Dead

Not so well known...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by iwansquall on Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:30 am

^

On attack = On striking in melee

It doesnt just mean melee, it must be melee swing also.
If not, OSIM + Buckshot = jizz everywhere.

When attacked: I pretty sure only applicable for melee swing attack. For ranged one, search for "when take damage"(any type of skill) or "when struck by a missile"(WDM only)

*Our problem with current doc now is the person that improved kambala's doc is missing right now. I think.

iwansquall
Blood Golem

Underpowered Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Naabaanit on Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:19 am

Well, I hope more people look at this next doc. I couldn't tell you the amount of times I've seen RTFD in my lurking/account-less days! There are probably a few things I missed in there, but whatever. There's the forum, yes?

Naabaanit
Bloodfire Rogue

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Naabaanit on Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:23 am

@hellgrind
Are you sure LaeK and Maek only apply to WDM? I've seen a bunch of guides for casters that recommend massive Laek for survival since they can't leech.

Naabaanit
Bloodfire Rogue

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by archon256 on Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:37 am

LaeK and MaeK apply to any kills you make, irrespective of whether it was by a spell or an attack.
In fact LaeK was added as an MO to bridge the gap between caster and melee builds (of course they could get both life leech and LaeK, but that's still limited by level req).

archon256
Amazon Warrior

I Am Someone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Quirinus on Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:49 pm

most of what you asked for (and much much more) is planned for the future version(s) of the docs already. the thing is, currently it's just one person doing the docs (me), and I have tons of stuff going on in RL. I am working on it pretty much constantly, but slowly, though.

there's no easy way to make the docs easily editable, sadly. in an ideal case, if I had tons of time, I could organize/code everything so that it is easily editable with minimal knowledge of html/css, the structure of the docs and with a good version control system (almost like a wiki), but I'm afraid it's not going to happen.

then there's quality control, not everything that people would put in meets the quality level of the docs (causes a mess sometimes) or the general idea behind the docs. but, as in any wiki, this is not a real problem, since most of the time any content is better than missing content. xD

currently, if you want to help with the docs you have to know html/css a bit and just edit the doc files to add/update things, and also coordinate with other active editors (only me atm xD), because I already edited a lot of pages (and I'm constantly editing them), but didn't put them online yet. we have a small hidden subforum for docs and coordination among editors.

as for the actual suggestions, you can find most of them in the LFAQ, which is a topic on this forum, and it's a page in the docs, as well. (in it, search for "What modifiers does my attack carry?" to find what you seek; check "dual wielding" if you're dual wielding)

oskills: you can find most if they're wdm in the Next Delay & WDM List in the docs. true, it would be more clear if it was written nicely in the oskill list, but it would take too much time for me to do it atm. the whole oskill list needs to be updated too, since some oskills were removed, some added and some changed, iirc.

as I said, though, I'm planning to do a bunch of things in the future, one of them being re-formatting the LFAQ and making a nice reference list for pretty much all the stats, explaining all the details and D2 mechanics/quirks. (it would go much faster if I actually had internet home, though xD)

Thanks for the suggestions and encouragement, they're always welcome!  Mr Green 

Quirinus
Creature of Flame

Bloody High Five
TGGood none

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum