How long have you played MXL?

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

How long have you played MXL?

Post by OutsiderXL on Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:20 am

So I am just trying to get to know people a little better in the community.

How long have you played MXL and why do you prefer MXL over Vanilla?

I have played MXL for about a year (SP) and I prefer MXL over Vanilla because the diversity in my opinion is way more sophisticated (props to BLaz and Marco)

Cheers! 

OutsiderXL
Steelfur Titan

TGGood none

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: How long have you played MXL?

Post by Sexen on Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:13 am

Why not.

I have played mxl since version 1.86b and clod since 1.12. I prefer median because mxl has no hdin type character that overshadows all other builds. Literally every build is viable in some way, with some builds having an easier time in certain areas, and harder time in areas others have relatively no problem in. You also have the freedom to make your gear from 0 stats. I also enjoy median over clod because the game is logic based. What I mean is steep learning curve that makes things seem impossible at first, only to have them too easy after you gain knowledge. Server play has led me to believe in mxl a person can have full end game character and still suck. This is not the case in clod because you get enigma/shako/hoto and win all pvm except for ubers. Ubers in clod can be destroyed in less than 2 days of ladder reset (I did it) and farmed within a week (need keys) there was never any new content. This game is ever changing and I have so much nostalgia for old deleted content of this mod. The modders also listen to feedback and a bunch of fans have had their ideas immortalized in an internationally played video game. Feels pretty cool.

Tldr I like it because its balanced and changes all the time based on the people that actually play it.

Sexen
Howling Spirit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Thall on Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:03 am

I've been playing mxl since Omega v001. I like median because it has a faster pace and a higher skill cap than vanilla. Vanilla's skills/spells are really boring with only a few builds being very viable. Median is constantly updated with new content and balance changes based on community feedback which is welll.... just awesome. :D

Thall
Bloody Butcher

We March For Macragge!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RollsRoyce on Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:13 am

Median XL since the first alpha versions, have played like a year of regular median as well

RollsRoyce
The Smith

롤스로이스 ☆☆☆☆
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Str0b3l on Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:25 am

started some years ago, was worst player on realm since i never even played d2
made a break for like 2 years, had a forum account with 3000 notifications by just looking on some threads

im jealous im not here from start and i wonder looking back how easy some of the early version have been

Str0b3l
The Butcher

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RollsRoyce on Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:28 am

@Str0b3l wrote:started some years ago, still worst player on realm since i never even played d2

fixed

RollsRoyce
The Smith

롤스로이스 ☆☆☆☆
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by gg2 on Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:44 am

I started at median 2008 and I prefered it bcuz at first, it was new, and there was way more diversity than -hdin for evrything -smite for uber

gg2
Scaled Mutant

Marco's Favorite

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by iwansquall on Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:51 am

Started from v 1.57 of median 2008.

Have been on and off playing but usually I just lurking around helping people or giving suggestion for the game.

I dont say I liked all medianXL stuff since I kinda suck at end game, so I pretty just playing around easy uber and leveling usually is the most fun for me (which is improved in medianxl)rather than endless farming / grinding.

iwansquall
Blood Golem

Underpowered Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Splift on Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:15 pm

I started playing d2 on a friends comp within the first week that it came out. At this time I could not play a shitload because I couldn't play it at my own house. Took awhile before I got my own comp + internet (internet was not mandatory back then) and by the time i was on b net i think it was one of the patches before the synergy patch although I got bored after a short time (there was not much to the game back then). Once the synergy patch came out it turned the game upside down, so many new builds etc, it really is the greatest patch in the history of patches, adding more than paid expansions even. These were the best days for d2 and the patch that brought d2 from simply being a great fun game to legendary.

At some point I randomly heard of a game called median 2008 tried it for awhile and it seemed really cool but went back to ladder because I felt heavily invested in it at the time and forgot about median.

Fast forward to some point long after getting bored of ladder (yet again) one day when looking for something to play the thought of median somehow clicked into my mind. Sure enough it was named different now (was called mxl) and had undergone tons of patches. Not 100% sure what version it was, but I remember that pouncesin was the flavor of the month so it was 1.z9 or before. This time I got heavily into it and once I did never felt compelled to go back to clod.

I think with any game you get bored after 1-3 months of playing it a lot (if its good, crap games have you bored in hours). But with the great games you come back over and over again.

Splift
Blood Stone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by hellgrind on Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:23 pm

I started at median 2008. Than it was 2009 and than it stat the alphabetic versions of it, until now Smile

hellgrind
Burning Dead

Not so well known...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum