Fix Kurast

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Fix Kurast

Post by zaphodbrx on Sat Jan 11, 2014 4:17 am

I don't know if this has been posted before, but, in this game, the Kurast levels are shit .

As soon as you enter, you are assaulted by half a dozen monster types and the screen fills up with visual clutter. And all of them are annoying in their own way. Ni'va are worst, they constantly keep making things invulnerable - DIE DIE DIE. Then monkeys throwing barrels at you like crazy from off screen. Gloopers casting miasma that slows you down, djinni which teleport you around, manglers with high damage output. All of this together causes masses of visual clutter, even more than most places in the game.

In ultimative it is even worse as you can't use the sewer to travel underground and avoid some of it. In addition there seem to be some extra red-box like monsters that explode. Seriously what is the point of all this? It's not challenging, just ultra annoying and slow. There's no strategy either, just spam some spells and wait till they die somehow.

I don't know the Kurast cities used to be one of my favourite parts of the game in CLOD but I just hate it in this game. IMO remove the Ni'vas and barrel monkeys and put them somewhere else, this will make it atleast tolerable.

zaphodbrx
Bane Hunter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Fix Kurast

Post by gg2 on Sat Jan 11, 2014 4:56 am

That's an interesting story you got there. You don't mind if I borrow you 1 cookie?

gg2
Scaled Mutant

Marco's Favorite

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Splift on Sat Jan 11, 2014 5:23 am

If I remember correctly, both laz and marco have both stated similar concerns about this area, in that there is simply too much happening and if you do die there is a good chance that you wont even know why (only what got the last hit).

I guess they never changed it because there is always bigger fish to fry. People can get past it in the end (even on weak builds), its just annoying.

Splift
Blood Stone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Naabaanit on Sat Jan 11, 2014 6:28 am

Dude I used to be the same way when it came to Kurast. Imagine, it was even [i]harder[i] a while back. Just keep pushing and make sure you don't rush into enemies. Use the cramped spaces between buildings as an advantage, as well as the insides of buildings. I could go into specifics, but then there would be tl;dr .

Naabaanit
Bloodfire Rogue

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by zaphodbrx on Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:44 am

I don't really have a problem with it, I just feel that the area is very badly designed.

zaphodbrx
Bane Hunter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by munkyh3ad on Sat Jan 11, 2014 9:33 am

After playing it many times i think it's a decent area worth profiting from, i too remember farming in Kurast up to Mephisto in classic D2 because there were many chests and many thing you could turn over and hope something good drops. Now it's also good because there are all those + lots of elite monsters, and i believe elixir of greed/experience is most profitable in this area. You just need to apply the right strategy.

Kill the Ni'vas last, they don't do much damage anyway and the invulnerability shield only last few sec, with monkeys it's pretty easy to dodge their barrels because you can see them coming and can move away slightly so they land were you were standing, miasma is not that annoying and your walk/run speed should be pretty high already if you like playing Median, be careful when killing djinns since they drop those "red-boxed like monsters that explode" and do a ton of damage if they explode under you, and i don't know what you are saying about manglers with high damage output, i personally don't even use health potions in this area. Maybe you should get more defense and resistances to take less damage.

At first i too felt it was a cluttered area, but then i learned how to clean it up and i took advantage of the high drops and xp it gives.

munkyh3ad
Dark Lady

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan on Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:01 am

More elites=more drops. Now, if you got surrounded by couple of dozens of elites, you should have moved your butt a little. Areas like this imo teaches newbie players to be aware, dodge and strafe better. I get sometimes 3 fps in that area and still manage to survive through the pile of action that is going on.

Wotan
Madawc

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SpamBomb on Sat Jan 11, 2014 2:01 pm

@Wotan wrote:More elites=more drops. Now, if you got surrounded by couple of dozens of elites, you should have moved your butt a little. Areas like this  imo teaches newbie players to be aware, dodge and strafe better. I get sometimes 3 fps in that area and still manage to survive through the pile of action that is going on.

i gotta agree with this. should add even more monsters trololol

but really it is good practice for noobs to learn crowd control

SpamBomb
Bane Hunter

King of AFK
TGBest 1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aspirine101 on Sat Jan 11, 2014 2:05 pm

It's a very active area and tbh I love it. What I hate in the kurast levels (I think its only in upper kurast tho) are the 1 shot manglers  Very Angry  that's what ruins the fun, and not Ni'va's.

Aspirine101
Lord Primus

Islamic B&D Princess
TGGood None

View user profile http://lmgtfy.com/?q=median+xl.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Str0b3l on Sat Jan 11, 2014 2:10 pm

@aspirine101 wrote:It's a very active area and tbh I love it. What I hate in the kurast levels (I think its only in upper kurast tho) are the 1 shot manglers  Very Angry  that's what ruins the fun, and not Ni'va's.

dont forget about Glooper, miasma hitting hard as hell and high hp and miasma miasma

Str0b3l
The Butcher

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum