Psi storm sin

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Psi storm sin

Post by archon256 on Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:34 pm

Well you're having problems that I don't because you aren't using Dar-Al-Harb RW Shadow summons. If you summon 15 Shadows (don't need Darklings) and 10 Edyrem and blink onto Jitan he will cast exactly one fortress before switching to melee attacks only. The single fortress cast won't be able to kill all the minions and the delay will be enough for some of the Edyrem to turn invincible. You'll have to run around while the fortress is firing so you don't die though (or run behind a wall).

Problem is after all that you will not be able to kill Jitan with Psi Storm. At least I haven't been able to with slvl 52 one, so I don't think your slvl 44 will be able to either.

archon256
Amazon Warrior

I Am Someone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by archon256 on Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:01 pm

Managed to kill Akarat and Jitan pretty easily with Hailstorm (thanks to RollsRoyce for the reminder). So easily in fact that I'll probably farm Akarat for the trophy later (Jitan tropy is useless for me, same as Bartuc's).

Still sux that I have to rely on an oskill for a boss-killer and another oskill for a magic-immune killer, and they're both on amulets.  DOH! 

Also managed to get Zakarum's Ear finally now that I can fully clear the level rapidly. Still die really fast if a Lantern Archon targets me instead of my minions or reanimates.

Wish I could do JDay bonus, but I die too easily to Dark Nephalem. Can't do Fauzt because I get two-shot, can't VI in Toraja to stay alive, haven't tried Bremm yet.

I can clear Chrysaor's Sewers (very) slowly, but it seems terribly inefficient. Can't kill Chrysaor (I die to Ratfinks :c).

Endgame could be farming Dunc, TA and K3kBA, but I don't like that as my MXL goals. I'm more interested in being able to get charms (or one of each GR).

Hmm, what next.

archon256
Amazon Warrior

I Am Someone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MarcoNecroX on Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:16 pm

jday bonus isnt hard

edyrem + decent cast rate = no survabiility required

then need strong concentrated dmg, or passive damage (like voj, low dmg per time to first boss while wait for 2nd)

then it's a bit of luck Razz

the reward is probably the best reward together with azmo and astro/belial

MarcoNecroX
Malthael

Führer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by iwansquall on Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:24 pm

QQ more and hope marco listen to buff kerri-sin even moar.

iwansquall
Blood Golem

Underpowered Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by archon256 on Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:31 pm

@MarcoNecroX wrote:jday bonus isnt hard

edyrem + decent cast rate = no survabiility required

then need strong concentrated dmg, or passive damage (like voj, low dmg per time to first boss while wait for 2nd)

then it's a bit of luck Razz

the reward is probably the best reward together with azmo and astro/belial
Well I was barely able to kill one of the angels in the first place, the problem is that it takes so long that they summon too many Dark Nephalem for my summons to handle and eventually one of them teleports over to me and one/two-shots me. I guess I'll try it with Hailstorm instead, that might help.

@iwansquall wrote:QQ more and hope marco listen to buff kerri-sin even moar.
lol well I was wondering what to do until patch. Odds are I'll have something new to try by then anyway.
I guess Akarat trophy is a good starting point.

archon256
Amazon Warrior

I Am Someone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MarcoNecroX on Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:45 pm

well clearly magic damage isn't a choice to deal vs bosses. hailstorm should be fine

the uber is REALLY easy for nearly any naked character, its usually one of the first I do , ill give you a few tips how I do it with assa:

=> imp/malthael use Vampire AI. this AI runs away from you when at 15% (around) or less HP.
- this said, the AI will be more focused on escaping rather than casting skills against you
- the second benefit here is that you can manipulate the damaged boss with the AI. if you run towards it, it will escape , so I often use this trick to get the 2 bosses together

this said

2) make a tp in jails lvl 3, near entrance to inner cloister, you will need later

3) use dark summon. get first boss on inner cloister. quickly deal damage to him, and he will most likely escape.
- now die, in the bottom corner of inner cloister
- take wp, start luring the trash nephalems to the warp to jails 3
- repeat, if the wp is clogged, use the tp
- eventually you're going to lure half or so of the nephs to jails 3. if the rest are on the warp, thats okay

4) now WP and body should be safe.

5) make a tp in catacombs 1, on the warp to cathedral
- go back to bottom corner of inner cloister
- dark summon again
- get a new boss, here's the luck factor
- start running towards cathedral while letting nephalems follow you, using the cata1 TP if you are unable to use wp

6) take wp, take body. if the 2 bosses are too far from each other, use the AI lure trick

7) kill them, upgrade charm

if the luck factor fails, I usually try a 3rd dark summon attemp. but for this to work , you will need really good focused damage (i do broadside). if you kill the boss fast enough, he shouldn't summon too many nephalems so it shouldn't be too tricky

-----------

the other method I do if my char isn't completely naked is simply spam dark summoning. pretty much any char with decent cast rate can handle 4 dark summonings without getting attacked. then there are bigger chances of luck.

MarcoNecroX
Malthael

Führer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by archon256 on Sat Jan 25, 2014 12:03 am

Well I wasn't saying I can't do this uber with assa, I was just saying I haven't been able to do it using Psi Storm alone. I like to stick to one build when I play so I don't want to respec, but since Hailstorm should work I guess I can do it. I've done it plenty of times before, but thanks for the tips anyway.

That said, this seems like an interesting statement
well clearly magic damage isn't a choice to deal vs bosses.
Is it because it's not possible to get -enemy magic res on items?

archon256
Amazon Warrior

I Am Someone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MarcoNecroX on Sat Jan 25, 2014 12:09 am

yeah exactly. well I'm not saying its completely unviable, just far from optimal, you will hardly see any uberboss that has 0 magic res. When I make bosses I perosnally don't like to give them over 50 magic resis, because that's almost like giving them immunity. Still, 50% magic res will take down your damage to half.

the only good thing about magic damage IMO is skills that have phys + %magic conversion (eg bladestorm). because this is nearly the most OP farming combo. You can just stack endless wdm and hardly find any phys/magic immune mob.

magic damage dealer spells are usually just hipster spells, imo. They also usually have complex/nonstandard mechanics, like, arcane torrent, mana sweep, psistorm, bfg83k, shadow blade. that's what makes the element interesting and fun to use.

MarcoNecroX
Malthael

Führer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by archon256 on Sat Jan 25, 2014 12:16 am

Hmm and you can't give them 0 magic res because then %magic WDM skills would be OP.
So basically all the spells I find interesting are fucked because of this engine limitation.  Toilet 
"Fun" and "interesting" is nice, but if the build sucks in the end it still feels unsatisfying, meh.

Maybe an oskill curse like phase bomb that lowers magic res but has the same anti-WDM mechanic?

archon256
Amazon Warrior

I Am Someone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MarcoNecroX on Sat Jan 25, 2014 12:22 am

well magic damage isn't completely unviable.

it's most likely pretty limited to bosses. i've used BFG83k which is pretty much a joke skill, and was able to clear even places like bremmtown (as bloodzon, which has shit tankness)

then again nearly all MXL builds are viable, but some depend on more gear than others.

and I'm not even sure what kind of build you're playing. max TF/PS/PB what else?  you could try to hybridize a bit. after all in the end doesn't psi-storm deal damage based on mana and nothing more?

last but not least - magic damage is top pvp element, sounds irrelevant, but it IS something Razz

edit: and I forgot raven flight to the list of epic magic dmg skills.

MarcoNecroX
Malthael

Führer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum