Kabraxis....

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Kabraxis....

Post by Duur on Sun Jan 12, 2014 1:04 am

Reading for help on this guy on the forums, I was under the impression he only spawns a gazillion worms/skeletons when he kills one of your summons... this doesn't seem to be the case, since every time he teleports onto me he spawns a screen full of worms/skeletons. I'm using a kracken stance/NW fortress/stormblast barb and this is damn near impossible. I stopped summoning my wolves, but it doesn't seem to matter... I get caught in a bone prison, he teleports on me, screen becomes full of skeletons and worms, then I either die before my character can finish his swinging animation to break the bone prison or I break the bone prison but can't move anyways because there are worms and skeletons in the way. I've spent the last half an hour sacrificing myself to do damage to him, but there are just too many things on screen and my fortresses can't target him. If he wasn't immune for so long I could probably nearly one shot him with a stormblast but my character can't survive long enough to wait for the immunities to go down in melee range. I can't survive at any range since he just teleports and surrounds me with dudes anyways.

What's the trick? Why is he summoning so much stuff? I'd be fine running around the room summoning fortresses and breaking the occasional prison.. but I can't tank him + as many dudes that will fit around me  Sad 

Duur
Asatruar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Kabraxis....

Post by Deak2112 on Sun Jan 12, 2014 1:07 am

I believe he spawns those while on top of you or a minion/merc. Kabraxis is possible with a SB barb but it's pretty hard. You need -199% elr and hope for a lucky hit, among other things.

Deak2112
Onyx Knight

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Duur on Sun Jan 12, 2014 1:11 am

He always spawns those things? God damn.. well I have -199% fire/lightning/cold enemy resists... guess I'll just keep kracken on and go for a lucky stormblast or two

Duur
Asatruar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Istaryu on Sun Jan 12, 2014 1:46 am

Bowzon is the easiest way to kill him Run in circles, spam barrage all day, and profit. The problem with barb is you dont have an effective aoe to clear the skeletons, and the trap he summons, while barrage does wonders

Istaryu
Curst Guard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by FrostS on Sun Jan 12, 2014 1:57 am

NW+kraken+tantrum bow -- should be easy

FrostS
Corruptor Warlock

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Duur on Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:57 am

I can't do it... I tried with a tantrum bow, and I can survive a lot longer but it just doesn't matter, he kills me too fast. I can keep walking and using tantrum and not have to worry about getting stuck, but I have to walk in a spiral around him otherwise he basically 1 shots me with some poison blast.. then sometimes he just stands there casting it over and over, and other times he casts bone prison and teles every step I take. Sometimes he just instantly casts some spike thing on me and there's no chance against that. I think the longest I have been able to stay alive after he appears is about 8 seconds. It's sad when having 20k hp, 95 all resists, -30% damage reduc and 10% dmg to mana you still die that fast

Duur
Asatruar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by FrostS on Sun Jan 12, 2014 3:15 am

10% dmg to mana does not mean u recieve less dmg  Very Happy 
U should be able to kill that bone prison nearly instantly with tantrum.

But anyway u can do this uber through several deaths as he has no regen and his summons are weak.

FrostS
Corruptor Warlock

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Duur on Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:39 am

Oh geez you're right, I guess I've always thought of it like vanilla D2's energy shield.. whoops.

I'll keep trying, thanks for the tips haha  Smile 

Duur
Asatruar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mason_Jar on Sun Jan 12, 2014 5:22 pm

I'll jump on a LAN game with ya Duur and use my Bowazon. With some luck we should be able to kill him as long as I keep the aggro. I'll start rolling a Tantrum bow for you.

Mason_Jar
Hivehost

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum