Hardcore Character

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Hardcore Character

Post by Hybridreamer on Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:26 am

So this is my first time venturing into hardcore territory. I was wondering if there are some recommendations on good starter builds for hardcore. I'm thinking of starting with a bear stance rune master barb. Only problem I see with that is that he's melee. So what are some suggestions?

Hybridreamer
Razor Fur Titan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hardcore Character

Post by Str0b3l on Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:07 am

Totemancer:
Iceclaw Totem + Fireheart or Light
Shadows

all you need to to is Teleport around with Bend the Shadows and resummon shadows as tanks
go Str in the Beginning/Mid game till u can wear all items, totems will kill even without max energy, use go outside and summon everything than cast deathlord morph for Survive Bonus
gear, early/midgame Tu Longstaff due to Apocalypse oskill

Sorc:
Ice is most important due to Ice elemental summons
else you can choose what you want

Druid:
Trap Rat

Barb:
early Midagame Fortress
Endgame, if you want to Summoner

Str0b3l
The Butcher

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PhoenixRising on Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:49 am

amazon: barrage. Just be super carefull that you dont think you are more tanky thanyou are. It's quite effective if you make it usinw Wyrd as left skill, barrage as right and using Spirit of Vengeance uber skill....

PhoenixRising
Heretic

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mahitovec on Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:41 pm

nec is total crap, -50% dr and you cant farm a shit. surely you can reach some easy charms, but it doesnt mean anything if you dont have farm spot

sorc is ok but kinda meh at he same time, you faceroll hard til 120 but then you have to sit in shit place like sewers or something like that before you can try something serious

barb is best option, play any build you want before ~50 then respec to summon, get a1 merc with sol rw and rush to d k3k and start farming non stop

key to sucess on hc is k3k, ppl who are not releasing it will suck and wont achieve anything

and guy who recommended bar zon is obv trolling  Salut 

mahitovec
Shadowgate Totem

TGBest Transferred

View user profile http://www.twitch.tv/d0sm0t

Back to top Go down

Post by zaphodbrx on Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:57 pm

Sorc is great. Lots of defensive passives, in every skill tree, plus chronofield for epic slow and moon cookies for insta regen. I'd say it is the best hardcore character.
Currently, I have a lvl 120 Conqueror sorc with some basic charms.

Don't bother with any melee stuff. Too many things that can easily kill you if you get close to them, like detonators, hephasto, thorn aura crap and whatnot.

zaphodbrx
Bane Hunter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hybridreamer on Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:03 pm

Thanks for all the replies everyone. I started a Barb last night but only had time to get him to level 15. Perhaps I'll start a sorceress tonight. What skill tree should I use besides ice? Lightning for warp armor or fire for living flame?

Hybridreamer
Razor Fur Titan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Str0b3l on Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:04 pm

@mahitovec wrote:nec is total crap, -50% dr and you cant farm a shit. surely you can reach some easy charms, but it doesnt mean anything if you dont have farm spot

sorc is ok but kinda meh at he same time, you faceroll hard til 120 but then you have to sit in shit place like sewers or something like that before you can try something serious

barb is best option, play any build you want before ~50 then respec to summon, get a1 merc with sol rw and rush to d k3k and start farming non stop

key to sucess on hc is k3k, ppl who are not releasing it will suck and wont achieve anything

and guy who recommended bar zon is obv trolling  Salut 

that command
1. barrage zon is not troll, its just for more skilled players not for first hc char too risky
2. sorc, if you can actually play sorc its actually good for getting charms + farming k3k since there are no poison immunes and u can oneshot everything
3. sure barb can farm k3k ohh wow, is the only point of HC farming k3k?

Str0b3l
The Butcher

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mahitovec on Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:21 pm

its not about being skilled, its about getting 1 shot with 3 k hp and 0/5 k def. i doubt you know what are you talking about. we all are such pros at theoricrafting, try something first then talk. ofc you can reach 120 with any char and build, just the effort and the time you put in it makes it no worth at the end. and eventually, bowzon lost any usage on hc. back in cmxl, you could somehow farm tran and cheese some crap with ga, now you cant. now you have semi good hp, zero def, zero dr, zero dodge champion with almost melee range (since you are barrage), just amazing dude, keep suggesting, your tips are great  Clap Clap 

point of k3k is getting gear to progress further
sorc isnt good at farming k3k until you can ignore skeletons to get totems down

i guess biggest thing you are missing, that you cant get all early/mid charms in hour like on sc, where most ppl just rush in and die, then reconnect until everything is dead.

mahitovec
Shadowgate Totem

TGBest Transferred

View user profile http://www.twitch.tv/d0sm0t

Back to top Go down

Post by Str0b3l on Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:29 pm

@mahitovec wrote:its not about being skilled, its about getting 1 shot with 3 k hp and 0/5 k def. i doubt you know what are you talking about. we all are such pros at theoricrafting, try something first then talk. ofc you can reach 120 with any char and build, just the effort and the time you put in it makes it no worth at the end. and eventually, bowzon lost any usage on hc. back in cmxl, you could somehow farm tran and cheese some crap with ga, now you cant. now you have semi good hp, zero def, zero dr, zero dodge champion with almost melee range (since you are barrage), just amazing dude, keep suggesting, your tips are great  Clap Clap 

point of k3k is getting gear to progress further
sorc isnt good at farming k3k until you can ignore skeletons to get totems down

i guess biggest thing you are missing, that you cant get all early/mid charms in hour like on sc, where most ppl just rush in and die, then reconnect until everything is dead.

sure and thats why the 120 bowzon(s) on HC are are only imagines of mine
its just a deadly dangerous build it....

actually sorc farm k3k easy lolz....
get ice elemntals and oneshot everything with poison idk whats your problem

and i have totally no clue what you talking about with early midgame charms sry it has no reference to what i was talking expect you want to tell me sorc can not beat easier ubers

Str0b3l
The Butcher

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MarcoNecroX on Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:22 pm

@mahitovec: while some of what you say is partially correct, not all of it makes sense. Better gear will not guarantee success in any mid-uberquest; it will only increase your chances of success - however, if you loose it all, was it better to do it earlier with less chances of success, or later with more chances of success (but still not 100%) and have lost a LOT of farming time? Btw you can get most of the characters to be farmers with power of just a few runes / crafts - sets/uniques aren't mandatory.

Also you seem to think of HC as a 'safe SC'. I don't think HC is fun only when you're 120 and start getting charms. Imo the entire leveling/questing/getting to dest A5  is part of the fun in HC. At least that's how I see it as there's a huge delay for me when I play so it's more about prediction than reflex.

Here's my opinion on chars:

> Assa: not a viable HC, assa playstyle is SC friendly and completely HC unfriendly, very low hp/def, assa must be played in SC

> Ama: bow is viable hc char. What makes it viable is high killspeed + mass range. It's very gear dependant. Must use ecstatic frenzy imo.  Ecstatic+Wild and Free make you almost immune to getting instakilled, you get enough run/walk/recovery speeds that it's nearly impossible for a spell to instantkill you (you can e.g. outrun pounce). Has some key items like Jah rw on helm that make the entire acting a piece of cake. Blood is lame, java is weak. Spear is weak and melee.

> Barb: summon barb is the most boring hc char yet best k3k farmer in hc. From personal experience, hatred k3k is viable since level 28, terror k3k since level 50-60, and dest since lvl 90. Bear+Snake+Defenders make it a real breeze. Easily 1000% MF as well with just a few crafts. Twinkers gonna beh happy. I guess ranged barb is also viable.

> Dudu: I won't bother here... I hate dudu's

> Necro: awesome char for hc. Totemnec is fastest char to reach 120 by FAR (just by using level 13-15 runewords). Totally viable K3k farmer (requires teleport source though). Since XII, bonus magic find. Can respec to Xbow as well. Problem is: not the best to hunt some charms like creature of flame.

> Pala: skill variety probably make this the funniest HC char. Overall decent endgame but TU's don't get you anywhere.

> Sorc: by far safest HC char. And I'd say strongest untwinked. WHEN YOU BUILD A CHARACTER ENTIRELY ON CRAFTS, sorceress has the most efficient outcome. 12sk LaeK staff takes only a few seconds to make, sorc armor gets up to 5 sorc skills iirc and godly defense. Circlets for 3allskills a breeze. Two +sk rings, ammy with +4sk. Gloves have +1 sorc too iirc. All of this with nearly 0 required str. Belt/boot/gloves aren't huge role here, honorifics can do the job.  Outcome is: easy 25+ sorc skills, -100 enemy res of anything you want, hard to get any damage. OP summons, decent+ def, HUGE life (fire/cold), huge LaK, and more than good dmg. Light is ok, but flamestrike>tstone vs totems

@mahitovec: K3k is a CAKE with sorc. Flamestrike totems, StF the rest. @Strobel: you ruin your argument when you mention poison for k3k lawl...

award for best HC char goes for Sorc. 2nd spot for barb. 3rd one is neck to neck for Pala and nec. 5th one goes to zon, 6th to dudus and 7th to assa

MarcoNecroX
Malthael

Führer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum