Hardcore Character

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Hardcore Character

Post by Soponator on Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:22 am

O.O i suddenly want to play HC...
Cookie for wisdom.
True about not thinking and cheesing. I used to be a RUNSPAMDIEREJOIN kind of player, but with this new mod and probably with the age (didnt play for like 7 years) completley changed my playstile. I think what i do, i read, i ask, i try stuff out, im more concerned about having actual fun than thinking about OMGRUSHMEPLZKLVL120GIEBCHARMSCHARFULLNEWONE. I always play as untwinked as possible... we could say i grew up, but its mostly thanks to posts like marcos and other old players that made me realize what the game is about.
Cookie for Marco.

Soponator
Baal

Hairy Ass Argentinian
TGGood 125

View user profile http://www.medianxl.com/t4645-bienvenidos-al-foro-oficial-de-med

Back to top Go down

Post by Str0b3l on Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:49 am

wall of text = worth reading

as you say i cant stand those people on tsw that are not playing the game, most of daily games are tcows plz/rush plz, worst thing are people make games like "n help" and want to be rushed
actually every character can get through acts easy on sc, thats what i learned the hard way, in the beginning i had even problems getting through acts due to beeing damn noobs
i didnt play hc alot, but im playing my chars alone without tcows rush etc
like my unholy melee pala, midgames i was realy struggling even with earlier charms, but working hard and trying made me become better and i already beat way more ubers than expected although hes way not finished

about HC
as you say, thanks to playing hc first time i started realy using Character orbs and getting familiar with the important recipe
just small aspect that i like i dont need that many TP Scrolls  Twisted Evil 
lol i actually am close to heart attack even from small things in this game, everytime im low on hp or the ubers you wouldnt give a f'ck about in SC

Str0b3l
The Butcher

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by grimjerk on Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:06 pm

You have some legit points there Marco but your principle point ignores the fact that SC doesn't have to be played with a reckless devil-may-care attitude. I like to think that I do my research and I always do my damndest not to get killed. Like I said the primary reason I don't play hardcore is time. I probably have an average of an hour a day--and only because I play for four hours on one of my days off is the average that high--and the last thing I want to do is to have to start a toon all over because I got FHR locked and didn't get out in time.

As far as adreniline goes, I long ago discovered this thing called "real life". You want adreniline? Try having a project deadline at work that if you miss it you might lose your job and your house. Try having your wife say to you, "Sweetie, I just missed my second period." That's fucking adreniline. I play this game to relax.

grimjerk
Prince Albrecht

Grumpy Uncle Grimjerk knows best!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Metalistas on Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:22 pm

So it's ok for her to miss the first period ? Very Happy sorry for offtopic.

Metalistas
Goliath

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by grimjerk on Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:19 pm

All women will occationally miss a single period, or the period was so light that they didn't notice. Two periods and she is either pregnant or there is something else wrong.

grimjerk
Prince Albrecht

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Metalistas on Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:31 pm

When she misses the first one by couple of days (or a week) it's like game is on hardcore now. When she misses the second one it's - gg noob Very Happy Rest of the time is softcore Very Happy

Metalistas
Goliath

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by grimjerk on Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:39 pm

Lol. Not the gg noob!! Kids will change your life. They really show you how much of your pre-kid worries were just bullshit that really didn't matter. Its best to have your life in order before they get there but even if they come before they are the best thing ever.

*edit. And a cookie for Marco for so excellent a summation of his case for hardcore. 'Cause he totally needs more cookies.

grimjerk
Prince Albrecht

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Metalistas on Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:02 pm

From my own experience :
multiplayer softcore - too easy, almost 100% success with the rejoining games after 5min - kinda kill the fun of trying
multiplayer hardcore - fun only with other people, lag factor is too big for me
single player softcore - easy while abusing the stash, some areas need special planning since no rejoin like in mp = body lost = save and exit = start all over
single player hardcore - haven't tried

Metalistas
Goliath

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GregMXL on Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:04 pm

HC vs SC. Who cares? Play whatever you want. They're both awesome. I suck major balls in HC so when I got a toon to 120 two ladders ago and was able to fetch a few charms,it made me feel accomplished. I lost 3 straight HC characters to witches. Knew they were there and still got anal pounced and bam...there goes my character. Lol who cares, it was mad fun.

GregMXL
Zorun Tzin

Epic Admin
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mahitovec on Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:04 pm

agree with marco
95% of sc players are shit. most of decent good vet players are gone, like karata, ae, rohsland and so on. way to play sc, as marco said, is rush 120 in p8 game at first ladder day, s&e all early/mid game ubers until you finally get them, start farming whatever u faming and trade all half decent charms for sigs and then saying lol hc is a waste, while hardest uber you can handle by yourself is azmo or akarat by yourself lol ^^
also what i wanted to say, that idiotic trashtalk by many ppl i heard last few days, like "oh im 1337 theoricrafter, ive never had 120 char in hc but nvm, point of hc isnt farming k3k, its having adrinaline etc" lol, arent you farming your shitty dunc 99% of your time on sc? yes? then shut the fuck up ^^

this dumb "missing content" argument works only if you get 100% of your charms by yourself, which most of ppl obv doesnt do.

mahitovec
Shadowgate Totem

TGBest Transferred

View user profile http://www.twitch.tv/d0sm0t

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum