So many deaths in Tran Athulua

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

So many deaths in Tran Athulua

Post by brackansvincent on Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:39 pm

Hi, I would like to share my experience with this new Tran Athulua Uber. As a throw sin lv120, I found Tran is now harder with 5% Arrow Strike (if I remember correctly) on death from the Amazon. Providing this uber has dimmer light, and the Amazon shot arrows everywhere and to my dismay, there are many corners and trees around. More over, narrow passages provide lesser chance to dodge those skill shots since the Amazon are many and the proc occur like 1 every 20 seconds. I died so many time even with precaucious movement. Duncraig is a pain, Kalimgrad is swammed with Lanterns and not even a farming place. The only place left for me to search for better gears is K3K but the time it takes is so lame.

brackansvincent
Sasquatch

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: So many deaths in Tran Athulua

Post by vadust on Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:44 pm

Pick other builds/characters that can survive in Ta/Dunc/Khalim melee necro or some tanty barb variation.
Or change your strategy and try to avoid. It is based on your role in this game: to be deadly fast but weak or to be tanky but not so deadly, think about it, mb you will not suffer for what you do not need.

vadust
Scaled Mutant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan on Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:45 pm

Tran Athulua is frustrating if you are not used to going back, when sideways is not an option. Duncraig is probably the easiest uber and requires only gearcheck. Khalimgrad is annoying as f*ck. IotSS too with the difference that you will do at least once the whole level, and not like Khalimgrad aiming for the 1st spirit is your main goal in life.

Wotan
Madawc

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by brackansvincent on Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:52 pm

Yes I try to dodge the best I can, but the arrows seem to be target-oriented so even if I run, I still get some of the damage and I dont know if my 53 percent avoid in Perfect Being can do anything about it. 3k Dex, 63% block and I die a lot in Tran. I start to consider myself a dumb player for I have heard Assassin has good survivability.

brackansvincent
Sasquatch

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan on Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:56 pm

Just practice on your reactions. With assassin you can get hit few times until you dissolve into pieces. Lacking %FRW could be crucial in this level.

Wotan
Madawc

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by brackansvincent on Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:04 pm

The point is I think Tran is no longer a good place to farm with my character having no summon to tank that Arrow Strike.

brackansvincent
Sasquatch

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan on Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:09 pm

You will get hit even with a decent amount of reanimates. Arrowside just makes that place not a good farming spot, cause it slows you down.

Wotan
Madawc

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MUS01 on Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:10 pm

Fortress barbarian + Snake Stance + NW ele dam +cautios play(abusing fortress range)=GG! amazons... IMHO, you can farm that place with 300k of defense...

MUS01
Burning Dead

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Zamioculcas on Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:26 pm

Get some decent amounts of life leech. It will make life a lot easier.

Zamioculcas
Hemoplague

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Naabaanit on Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:54 am

You should go and practice reflexes in Destruction Blood Moor. Just avoid the trillions of spines the best you can and get it to the point that you never get hit. Then, head to the Worldstone Keep levels (any difficulty) and find a group of trap rats. Trap rats have the closest thing to the Amazon arrowside on death (closest I can think of now :3). Get as close as you can to the trap rats before they shoot, then run the hell away. Just remember to run in straight lines when you practice, otherwise no help.

I don't know, this is just what I did to help myself. Not necessary though. Derp.

Naabaanit
Bloodfire Rogue

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum