Trap Assassin any good?

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Trap Assassin any good?

Post by WiZoRZ on Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:24 pm

Is the trap assassin viable? Can't find guides about it so I'm confused..

WiZoRZ
Quill Bear

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Trap Assassin any good?

Post by Str0b3l on Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:26 pm

no it sucked patch before and has been nerfed with XIII

Str0b3l
The Butcher

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by WiZoRZ on Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:28 pm

@Str0b3l wrote:no it sucked patch before and has been nerfed with XIII
Any suggestion on how to build a viable assassin? Heard of broadsin but not so sure on how to play this one..

WiZoRZ
Quill Bear

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Str0b3l on Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:30 pm

actually assasin has been buffed and also got a morph that supports it

Str0b3l
The Butcher

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GregMXL on Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:34 pm

inb4 raging vadust... Mr Green 

GregMXL
Zorun Tzin

Epic Admin
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MarcoNecroX on Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:34 am

learn2play

bombsin was viable before, now it's even more viable

MarcoNecroX
Malthael

Führer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by vadust on Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:15 am

4k damage on fire sentry with about 200% spell at the end of terror, so let's immagine how big it will be with 1000%spell dmg and with mb ~1k in energy =>20-25k per 1 fire bolt? But hey 1k fire spell dmg is a god damn tons of crafting work, who ever will do that is sick Sad.
Bombs are viable only coz of explosion nova, you could move old bombs with nd to current one and that will be much better then leaving things as they are or buff their damage. Who ever will stuck with 8k damage fire sentry at the middle of destruction. Do you have any normal idea how with such dmg anyone could kill akarat for example, or ok to be serious farm K3K or TA? Kidding? This is a real problem, correct me even once pls about current sentries problem.
Edit: better to suggest to use throw sin build or any other normal atmg like, but do not even lose 1 min to try sin's tree bombs.
Edit2: i lost about week to give a chance to a current bombs and all what i got was frustration and endless number of deaths because 2-3k hp in terror is a way to low with 40% avoid and no dr/block coz all in damage. I gave a try for Apoc/Immolation bomb this is a normal not a gay alternative but that req tons of tons of work so after 4 days of painfull shrine hunting and crafting a gave up.
I will try something more normal instead of that. End.

vadust
Scaled Mutant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Goatmilk on Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:59 pm

I played through normal to dest as bomb sin (though I was specced limpet laser), though I quickly made a new char to farm sigs/items with instead. Running around with 0 defense, maybe 7% block and 5k life kinda ruins the build IMO. Sure, you have 50%+ avoid which is really good, but versus normal monsters you might as well get the exact same effect from having 40k defense - if you could have both, I think it would be a ton more viable. New morph is great at giving extra life and insane cast speed, but the idea behind giving what, 150 EF? When skill is SMAX'ed, is pretty weak. Sure it also gives +stre/dex (low amount, but okay) which is useless, unless you love re-equipping all your items every time you morph if you actually use the stats to wear items. And you'll be morphing a lot when you can't use a merc to tank, and your reanimates/summons all die due to an old and pointless phase bomb effect, and you have zero def and die in max 2 hits.

Hats off to anyone who is making the tiefling build work in ubers, I could hardly make it work in the normal dest areas, though I imagine having insane gear + all sigs would make it more viable of course.

P.S Limpet laser is amazingly cool now with increased speed and extra mines per cast. Smile

Goatmilk
Darkwarden

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Str0b3l on Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:03 pm

@MarcoNecroX wrote:

learn2play

bombsin was viable before, now it's even more viable

seems my troll made u bit mad and havent reen my next post

Str0b3l
The Butcher

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Metalistas on Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:26 pm

Somehow i think after those few videos sin vs Laz everyone got the silly idea that it's easy to play assassin and it will be godly. Yes it will, with right items, skills and player behind the keyboard. But when you choose sin - it's not automaticly a GG and pwn the ubers. Bomb sin actually works, with morph and psi storm - kill speed is fast as any caster. The defense part is different for chars, some got huge life, some got summons, some got defense. Sin got tools of his own. Learn to use them through dying.

Metalistas
Goliath

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum