buff debuff cold spell duration

View previous topic View next topic Go down

buff debuff cold spell duration

Post by bettyrubble on Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:48 pm

I have a bowzon using barrage and phlanx and wormshot. I have been trying to figure out how to get more damage but am not understanding this buff debuff modifier. Does it affect all elements or does it work for just cold and how does it work? currently my bowzon only does 44k damage and that is with bloodlust staff used on switch. currently my gear is using Natasha armor, lifecrusher boots, helopolis helm, tu 6 heavy belt, hannibigami arrow quiver, Hand of Karcheus bow, der nebelring, 2skill light arena ammy , and rare ring. I like the procs the bow gives is why I chose this bow in fautz.

bettyrubble
Mahasattva

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: buff debuff cold spell duration

Post by gg2 on Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:50 pm

It increase the time monsters are frozen by cold spell, the duration of your buff (such as bloodlust, means you have to cast it less often) and of debuff(such as spellblind). So it won't increase your dmg it only increase durations

gg2
Scaled Mutant

Marco's Favorite

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bettyrubble on Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:00 pm

gotcha thanks for explaining its action gg2

bettyrubble
Mahasattva

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Quirinus on Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:41 pm

Does not buff some things like sacred/unholy armor duration (it used to but got nerfed because of like 10-20 sec duration, iirc xDD)

Quirinus
Creature of Flame

Bloody High Five
TGGood none

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bettyrubble on Wed Jan 15, 2014 3:20 am

my biggest problem is that all the skills I have on this bowzon, are magic damage related and no elemental damages except my arrows. but I tried with several diff items counting the tu6 splint mail and the sacred cap with multi ele damages but I missed all the DR I currently have with helopolis and the - resists I get from Natasha. so my kill rate vs my deaths did not come close to equaling out so I need more multi ele damages but I do not know what to do. necrobots take so long to kill any way I have tried that I am frustrated. takes me like 2 hrs to clear fautz with 50dr but like I say 90 percent of damages I have is magic damage. I am thinking about trying curare instead of paragon to see it I have faster runs in fautz. any input on this idea or diff item setup so I can still have 50dr

bettyrubble
Mahasattva

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mason_Jar on Sat Jan 18, 2014 9:13 pm

Hey bettyrubble! I was in your same shoes once. First of all I would like to say when using those 3 attacks together you need to be careful. Most people use ~15 points in phalanx for 0 second cool down, 1 point into barrage, and when using wyrmshot most guides will say to keep it smaxed.

My wyrmshot toon is very good but I didn't have points to spare in phalanx (maybe 4?). Phalanx is very good but if you want to utilize wyrmshot you have to sacrifice phalanx. All three uber skills are great and it just depends on what you're using. If you have any runewords or a specific jewel you want to you use, you probably don't want Paragon. Curare is good towards the end when you're great on HP and survivability.

On my arrow Farterzon (its a mini guide by stoya and someone else) I use barrage/phalanx with paragon. This is because barrage puts you close to your enemies. I run at around 19k HP and rarely die to anything. My elemental damages are low because of the gear I use to set up this character. Some characters, builds, and gear set-ups can only do certain ubers.

My wyrmshot amazon is the most well-rounded toon because she hits quad elemental damages, has -180 or more to each enemy resist and kills fast. she also has around 13k hp and 200k defense with fast run speeds. If you can farm one uber you can just farm there for better gear to eventually run the others, however some builds will struggle in certain places.

If you could post your stats, skills, and gear I could help you further. Also list the ubers you can and cannot run and the ones you really want to run and maybe I could give some insight into those.

Mason_Jar
Hivehost

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum