What are your starting characters and why?

Page 1 of 14 1, 2, 3 ... 7 ... 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Post by Malpheas on Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:08 pm

So this time around on ladder I tried to start with a throwsin and discovered that it isn't my playstyle, or even relatively close.

As it turns out, my favourite characters to start with are either Unholy Caster Paladin or Wolf Summon Barbarian with a melee skill (mostly shower of rocks or that life gain dual wielding one).

My priorities are set with those characters:

1. Get Eagle Stance or Blainted Tood and some damage dealing ability and then go berserk.
2. Storm Lord and Mountain King are both VERY strong skills that make statting easier, after you pick one that is.
3. Upgrade with +skills with UCP or good melee weapon and Ancient Blood with barb.

Malpheas
Shock Stinger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What are your starting characters and why?

Post by xjry123 on Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:42 pm

My favorite starter are elemental druid (Cold/fire hybrid before, fire based now as banshee got nerfed), ice/lighting sorc and totemancer. UCP and bowzon is good too , but have some flaws as for my play style

All of them has couple of things in common, easy for early charm farming(can get most of cMXL charms pretty soon with craft/rare/honorific gear and some MXLU charm like kabraxis or brac after some preparations) and then can be easily respected to efficient farming build (Skysiege dru, traprat, Xbow nec, etc) after getting some "starter" gear. You can also directly start as Xbow nec, that's no problem but it will be harder to beat ubers like Astro compared to totemancer.

In this case, i/l sorc maybe the best because charm/farming gear would be almost the same for her when other two need different set of gear, but for later game i/l sorc is not that efficient compared to those ranged weapon-based builds), that's her flaw in my opinion. Same thing for UCP, good charm farmer, soso uniques farmer, ok for dunc but sucks in fauzt without great gear, UMP is not that gear dependent but low efficiency.

For bowzon or other amazon, problem for me is slower to start with it, harder for some ubers in my playstyle or ability compared to those caster build. But good point is that once it passed that phase, amazon can be really efficient in terms of uniques farming, javazon (my favourite farmer) or spearzon are hard to beat.

I don't like to start with assassin or barbarian, if considering efficiency . Too fragile for asn, while barb will have hard time doing some ubers which are easy for caster builds. You can do caster barb of course but its gear dependent somehow.

My 2 cents~

xjry123
Hivehost

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Str0b3l on Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:49 pm

started with zon actually cause i wanted to get get gear, but brainfart i my next character is now unholy melee without gear or things from ama

unholy melee is fun to play but not that easy in my opinion

Str0b3l
The Butcher

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by xjry123 on Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:14 pm

@Str0b3l wrote:started with zon actually cause i wanted to get get gear, but brainfart i my next character is now unholy melee without gear or things from ama

unholy melee is fun to play but not that easy in my opinion

Unholy melee is definitely fun because of its build diversity, but I won't choose it as a starting candidate for sure  Smile 

It's not that easy, but gears are not that hard to get for him, you have loads of options for item combination, as for proc based unholy melee, not those boss killers using blood thorns.

xjry123
Hivehost

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by randomrolf on Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:55 pm

Im rushing around playing a melee necromancer. It's awesome!!

Just try to get the set and it's done.. You'll be able to do almost everyhting (not optimal for bosses doh) But then respecc to xbow with immortal summon Smile I did kabraxis the other day, actually worked..

randomrolf
Clawstorm Terror

TGBest none

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by grimjerk on Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:57 pm

Two hand sword amazon, 'cause I'm epic like that.

grimjerk
Prince Albrecht

Grumpy Uncle Grimjerk knows best!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by hellgrind on Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:59 pm

2x2h Cursader ofc, best char ever.

hellgrind
Burning Dead

Not so well known...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Malpheas on Wed Jan 15, 2014 7:14 pm

aannd off topic again.

Malpheas
Shock Stinger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by grimjerk on Wed Jan 15, 2014 7:25 pm

Oh get the hockey stick out of your ass.

Now a days I like the javazon for kickstart farming. Decent defense and no special gear required.

grimjerk
Prince Albrecht

Grumpy Uncle Grimjerk knows best!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Malpheas on Wed Jan 15, 2014 7:36 pm

Cry some more about someone wanting to stay on topic.

Is the level 1 skill enough to use for Zon? Or do you use ricochet?

Malpheas
Shock Stinger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 14 1, 2, 3 ... 7 ... 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum