PVP: Brainstorm

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

PVP: Brainstorm

Post by whist on Sat Jan 18, 2014 9:12 am

As many might already know from various random screenshots/posts here and there, we are planning on making PVP more interesting than it is currently in Vanilla. That is, I never posted any really precise informations about our plans. Actually with the work I've done in past days, and Skype being a faggot, not allowing me to login, even Marco doesn't know all of it (So this topic is for you as well Marco. Go ahead and comment what you like/dislike and etc)

This topic kinda is a personal reference for myself, in order to put all my ideas into one place. Still I thought it could be interesting to read. I guess you could also post suggestions (I know Marco's thoughts about suggestions but go ahead still. I will be reading)

[ Core Features]

No more dueling in the Blood Moor
PVP will separated in an isolated game mode. Not exactly like hardcore as you will be using your already created characters to play. Chances are it will be a check box on game creation (Battle.Net game creation screen), where you choose either PVM or PVP mode. The PVP mode itself will have various match types (more informations later in this post). The game type again, will likely be another check box in the game creation screen. Each match type will have it's own unique arena level.

Retrieving corpse in PVP? Nope
When your character dies in PVP mode, no corpse is spawned. You simply respawn to the assigned spawn point with your gear, as if you didn't die.

Fucking Campers
On respawn, characters are immortal for 5 seconds. This is in order to prevent respawn point camping (respawn campers will be easily killed since you have a nice 5 seconds of immortality to wreck them). 3 seconds might be enough, not sure yet, we will see later.

PP PLZZZZZ
Teams are automatically assigned by the server. How they are assigned depends of the chosen match type. The team assignment will take a bunch of factors into account, like the number of players currently in each team, the average level of each team, etc

Global Nerf / Balance
The core code as it will be coded, will allow us to globally nerf stuff. For example, disabling x skill, divide damage of y thing by 2, removed teleport timers, etc
This is in order to balance stuff globally without affecting the PVM mode.

[ Match Types ]

Death Match
Free-For-All. Just a classic arena dueling game. Each kills will grant you x amount of points and each death will subtract y amount of points.

Team Death Match
Same as Death Match except it's blue team vs. red team.

Capture The Flag
Red Team vs. Blue Team. Each team has a flag. Stealing the opponent's team flag and bringing it back to your team base (without dying) will grant x amount of points to your team. Kills also grant points, but the main source of points is flag captures here.

King of the Hill
Free-For-All. There is an area in the middle of the arena (The Hill). The goal is to be the king of this area (as long as you can). To be the king of the area, you have to be the only player alive in the area. Every x seconds as the king of the hill will grant you y amount of points. Killing the king of the hill will also grant you points.

Survival
Free-For-All. Last player alive wins. Players don't re-spawn until there is only one player left. The last player alive gains a point and then players are re-spawned for a new round. No points lost from death.

Last edited by whist on Sat Jan 18, 2014 1:36 pm; edited 1 time in total

whist
Nihlathak

Huehuehue™

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: PVP: Brainstorm

Post by Str0b3l on Sat Jan 18, 2014 10:55 am

cant wait for capture the the flag and survival  Twisted Evil 

Str0b3l
The Butcher

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Soponator on Sat Jan 18, 2014 11:45 am

I wrote:You sir, have no respect for my personal life. and i like that.

cookie. you should rule the world, you know? i think this is awesome(mindblown with the things that can be done) way funnier than lolpkbloodmoorgotfarcastnubfaggot than duels have always been.

Soponator
Baal

Hairy Ass Argentinian
TGGood 125

View user profile http://www.medianxl.com/t4645-bienvenidos-al-foro-oficial-de-med

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan on Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:05 pm

I think well balanced PvP feature will at least double the number of players.

Wotan
Madawc

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aspirine101 on Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:12 pm

@Wotan wrote:I think well balanced PvP feature will at least double the number of players.
^ This.

With all the many new median skills, if balanced, and with all the features said above, this will be 100x times better than cLoD PvP, and I doubt other mods have something like that.

Surely SP community will be dead if this is released  Twisted Evil 

I do think that there should be a kind of reward. Maybe for the points? Or maybe for each victory you get a badge or something and you could redeem many badges for some items?

Aspirine101
Lord Primus

Islamic B&D Princess
TGGood None

View user profile http://lmgtfy.com/?q=median+xl.com

Back to top Go down

Post by whist on Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:21 pm

@aspirine101 wrote:I do think that there should be a kind of reward. Maybe for the points? Or maybe for each victory you get a badge or something and you could redeem many badges for some items?

I thought about it, but that would be too easy to login with a friend and make points.

whist
Nihlathak

Huehuehue™

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aspirine101 on Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:46 pm

Yeah I know... can't think of a way to prevent it too Sad

Aspirine101
Lord Primus

Islamic B&D Princess
TGGood None

Back to top Go down

Post by whist on Sat Jan 18, 2014 1:14 pm

@aspirine101 wrote:Yeah I know... can't think of a way to prevent it too  Sad

That's because there really isn't any way to prevent it. If these points were to reward the player in any way, people would just cheese the system with a friend (or even just two windows).

whist
Nihlathak

Huehuehue™

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aspirine101 on Sat Jan 18, 2014 1:18 pm

@whist wrote:
@aspirine101 wrote:Yeah I know... can't think of a way to prevent it too  Sad

That's because there really isn't any way to prevent it. If these points were to reward the player in any way, people would just cheese the system with a friend (or even just two windows).

Actually, there could be ways to prevent it, but we do not have a big enough playerbase for them to work. Take WoW's arena for example: it's 2v2, you could bring 3 friends with you, 1 will be in your team and the 2 others will be in their own teams, and queue at the same time and win free points. Thing is, there are SO many players in queue that they can't even get inside with eachother. BUT they may get lucky of course and get together but at higher rating's, you have to win ~5 times to compensate the -rating you get if you lose, so theoretically it's possible to cheese, practically it's not Smile

Aspirine101
Lord Primus

Islamic B&D Princess
TGGood None

Back to top Go down

Post by bardamu on Sat Jan 18, 2014 2:04 pm

This looks really exciting. Do not know if possible, but for King of the Hill you could add a feature/object in the middle of arena that grants a special aura with special features/oskills to the char that stands near it.

bardamu
Mangler

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum