PVP: Brainstorm

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: PVP: Brainstorm

Post by Quirinus on Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:05 pm

Yea I know, one of the ways how a private server for Starcraft: Brood War does it - they recruit people from the community and give them some lowly admin title with a testing period.
Their job is to sift trough the reports and check the replays, replay data and the logs (IP, times, ping, etc.). Player reports help a lot to narrow down the problem, though.

Bigger community = more reports + more people to recruit for checking reports

It's going to be fun holding tournaments. Very Happy
Quirinus
Creature of Flame

Bloody High Five
TGGood none

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Zamioculcas on Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:40 pm

I still don't see the problem. I was never one to do this but honestly it didn't bother me even when it happened to me. There is something called "create game with password." Cmon, a world without bullies? It keeps me playing when I get to slaughter one in pvp  Twisted Evil ..how can you defeat a bad guy if they can't do anything bad. Fuzzy logic but it's all part of the equation ha.
Zamioculcas
Hemoplague

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jesusjuice on Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:08 am

Hey, I was thinking.... In PVP It may seem noobish, but if you made a mode called "PowerLevel" Where its like MMORPG PVP, Players start at level 120 and they have 60 seconds to handle the re-spec, and there's a re-rolling chest in four corners (for every 30-90 seconds?) and it re-rolls every in game unique from level 75-100. Then when re-rolls, all players will have 15 seconds of invincibility... And the starting amount of lives is 5, With a Hardcore mode, and Uber Unique have a higher re-roll chance in hardcore {but their stats are even more random (I mean really random)}, but here's the catch... players cannot summon, the only skills they can use are aura, spells, and absolutely no equip based re-spawns, and the maps are randomly generated (Or players spawn in Arcane Sanctuary randomly???) Well?? Did I do good?
jesusjuice
Glowing Blob

Confused as hell!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by onlyswerving on Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:17 am

as epic as these ideas sound, i wonder if PvP overhaul isn't secondary to the other things being worked on for sigma/the future? i mean, from the modders' perspective, if that's what keeps modding interesting, then full speed ahead - obviously it's their initiative regardless and i support that 100%

but yeah, these pvp ideas just look great. clever, seems organic to D2, or at least MXL. very exciting proposition, one that could really revitalize the playerbase i think, and if not, then definitely the fun-factor of the mod. cheers!

onlyswerving
Stygian Watcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MarcoNecroX on Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:24 pm

No, it's far from being secondary. It's never going to be as important as PvE but that's due to the nature of so many ubers in the game.

Führer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Will on Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:12 pm

@onlyswerving wrote: if that's what keeps modding interesting, then full speed ahead

Whist are you currently modding Median? If so I suggest you move fast to get a leg-up on the competition!

Btw Marco I think this guy who made 10 posts in 15 minutes (9:17-9:30ish) wasn't talking to you. He was talking to the modder.

I.e. WHIST.

Will
Talic

Mr. Generosity/Former Forumer & Freak :)
TGBest Transferred

View user profile http://medianxl.net

Back to top Go down

Post by MarcoNecroX on Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:17 pm

whist modder since?

Führer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Will on Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:24 pm

Since before the premature birth... He was modding all that time that the doctors finally had to cut Mini-whist outta the womb.

Either that or never?  Thinking 

Will
Talic

Mr. Generosity/Former Forumer & Freak :)
TGBest Transferred

View user profile http://medianxl.net

Back to top Go down

Post by whist on Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:18 pm

Who's this whist guy everyone is talking about??
whist
Nihlathak

Huehuehue™

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by taem on Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:18 pm

I've always drempt of a system that uses the trade window right before joining an arena where both/all parties must agree on items in the trade window before continuing, then battle commences while items being fought for remain in RAM. When battle is over, item(s) go to the victor. This would obviously be more for 1v1, as in teams, only the leader would have access to the goods for distribution.
taem
Dark Nephalem

View user profile https://sites.google.com/site/monkeymeatsauce/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum