Luck trial on socketed items

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Luck trial on socketed items

Post by Kato on Sat Jan 18, 2014 2:49 pm

I've been re-rolling using Oil of Renewal (OoR) a claw to try the Luck Trial MO on (when I roll more than 40% ED). I'm supposed to socket it to 4 sockets after the MO succeeds - the problem is that if it rolls with sockets from the OoR stage then it seems that I'm stuck with that number of sockets, since the Socket Punch recipe only works on unsocketed items.

If I'm missing something up to this point then please correct me and don't read the rest below.

So I've decided that if the OoR produces less than the max sockets (3 for this claw) then I should re-roll it even if it has 60% ED. But I wonder if that's right. So far I've re-rolled a 60% and a 57% ED without trying the MO, so this could take a long time because sockets seems to roll quite often.

Question is... if I get 1 or 2 sockets and high ED should I decide that's ok and accept a 1 or 2 socket runeword?

Kato
Core Lord

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Luck trial on socketed items

Post by Soponator on Sat Jan 18, 2014 2:59 pm

ummm basically, your choice. its about how much time you want to spend. its easyer to get a no-socket 60% than a 3 socket 60%, anyway. what i do is from 40-60% is just fine. but again, its a matter of taste and time.

Soponator
Baal

Hairy Ass Argentinian
TGGood 125

View user profile http://www.medianxl.com/t4645-bienvenidos-al-foro-oficial-de-med

Back to top Go down

Post by Kato on Sat Jan 18, 2014 3:26 pm

Ok thanks - and yes, I wasn't planning to wait for a 3-socket 60%, I was looking for a no-socket to punch but was getting a bit frustrated at giving up on 60% claws with 1 or 2 sockets.

It would be nice if the socketing recipe could add to the existing number of sockets, but maybe that's not possible or perhaps they think that would make it too easy.

Kato
Core Lord

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kato on Sat Jan 18, 2014 3:32 pm

One other question. I now have a double-MO claw that rolled 52% ED and succeeded on Luck trial. I MO'd to 332% ED using only 9 MOs.

So now do I MO it again before socketing? I don't know what it will do - it could either give me 18% more and stop at 350% ED, or it may do nothing because it won't take me over 350%, or it may even reset the ED% (unlikely).

But even if it gives me 350% ED, should I do that or leave the space (levels) for more MOs such as LAK after I socket it? The extra levels may be better spent on stuff other than 18% ED.

Kato
Core Lord

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Soponator on Sat Jan 18, 2014 3:34 pm

no, when you get lucky trial, you make lucky upgrade(oil of luck), that will give you 40% more. there you will have 90%, then go MO to 350 or a bit less, then you socket and then you put moar MO to get to 700 or a bit less

Soponator
Baal

Hairy Ass Argentinian
TGGood 125

View user profile http://www.medianxl.com/t4645-bienvenidos-al-foro-oficial-de-med

Back to top Go down

Post by Kato on Sat Jan 18, 2014 3:43 pm

Yes sorry I did the Oil of Luck and got to 90-odd ED, then I MO'd it to 332% - and that's when I'm wondering if I should "waste" another MO getting it to 350%.

It sounds like I should not do that from what you say above when you say "350 or a bit less".
18% is a bit awkward since it's more than one normal MO but just over half of a doubled MO. So I'm thinking that I'll socket it as it stands at 332%

Kato
Core Lord

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Soponator on Sat Jan 18, 2014 3:45 pm

it all depends on the Runeword lvl you are using. maybe getting 650 wont be enough or maybe you prefer a double orb of sth else for that. if its 18, i'd give it one more.

Soponator
Baal

Hairy Ass Argentinian
TGGood 125

Back to top Go down

Post by Kato on Sat Jan 18, 2014 3:56 pm

Sorry yes I should have said it's Judge r/w (Ohm) so it's lvl 57.

It can roll +(151 to 200)% Enhanced damage so am I right in thinking that if it rolls +200% from the r/w then I can only MO a further 150% on it (i.e. to make the total up to 350% from the r/w)?

Kato
Core Lord

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Soponator on Sat Jan 18, 2014 4:13 pm

exactly

Soponator
Baal

Hairy Ass Argentinian
TGGood 125

Back to top Go down

Post by Kato on Sat Jan 18, 2014 4:50 pm

Great, many thanks for your help. I'll get on and finish making the r/w now!  Very Happy

Kato
Core Lord

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum