Deva King help (?)

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Deva King help (?)

Post by GoDLloyD on Sat Jan 18, 2014 10:02 pm

Hi there Median community!

I've seen that there are new patches around and found the new Holy Paladin really interesting and wanted to play it, but I could use some help with it...
I'm gonna make 2 Holydins, one caster and one retaliator combined with the new dragon form. (since the dragon form can be both, good for casting if you leave Deva King out and good for melee if you go for it)
My only problem is...
The Skill planning.

I'm going retaliate as main skill, so there's 6 skills to invest points into:
Retaliate (Main Damage source, not sure if good enough as 1-pointer)
Merkabah (lvl 25 for 100% crit, otherwise I'll completely leave it out)
Lionheart (SMAX, but that's a whole lot of points, no matter how useful it is)
Colosseum (Enough points to reach 5 sec cd, maybe I'll leave it out because I can't keep up Deva King due to CDs)
Deva King (SMAX, since I'd like to play with it and it seems strong.)
Dragon Oath (lvl 26 - Not even close to useful, but Hard Points lower CD and I need to get it at least under 5 sec since Deva King lowers Dragon Form duration from 20 to 5 sec)

I'll probably have to leave out Merkabah and Colosseum, but I'd like to hear some of your opinions.

BTW: What means "Grants retaliation sparkles" mean? Is it something like more retaliation damage or can I always use retaliate in dragon form, even without being hit inbefore? or something completely else?

Greetings,
GoDLloyD.

GoDLloyD
Quill Bear

TGGood 50

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Deva King help (?)

Post by The Big Ouchy on Sat Jan 18, 2014 10:05 pm

Leave out colosseum. It was never meant to play nice with retaliate anyway and a 5 second timer definately won't work well with deva king. Don't smax lionheart, the damage buff per hard point isn't very good and there are other better sourced of enhanced weapon damage like bloodlust procs that can make up for it and exceed it. Instead put enough points in it to reach the 1000% total character defense cap for the skill. I would probably smax deva king and decide whether or not you want to 1 point retaliate in favor of merkabah or dump points into retaliate.

I would probably go for something like this: Skillplan  (Paladin, 2012 v005)

The Big Ouchy
Bear Shaman

More brilliant than Chuck Noris!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GoDLloyD on Sat Jan 18, 2014 10:10 pm

Ye I thought I'd have to leave out colosseum.
Seems alright so far, but what about Dragon Oath? Should I just go for the 5 sec timer or go for a 0 timer (lvl 26) to keep up my Dragon Form?
And well bloodlust proc, I guess I'll have to look through the item lists.. (Haven't checked what gear I am going to get anyways :p)

GoDLloyD
Quill Bear

TGGood 50

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by archon256 on Sat Jan 18, 2014 10:16 pm

@GoDLloyD wrote:can I always use retaliate in dragon form, even without being hit inbefore?
That

archon256
Amazon Warrior

I Am Someone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Big Ouchy on Sat Jan 18, 2014 10:18 pm

The minimum timer for dragon oath is 1 second at lvl 24.

Cheap bloodlust options that would work moderately well:
Shark weapon runeword (tal in a weapon, can be used on switch to get buff and switch back)
Banner of duncraig (TU light shield)
Kodo runeword (Ath in shield)

Act 5 mercs also give gift of the wild.

The best endgame option for free enhanced weapon damage is Qarak's will (SSU giant sword) either on switch or on an act 5 merc. If you use an act 5 merc you can also make their mark of the wild stronger by equiping them with clawfeet (SSU chain boots).

The Big Ouchy
Bear Shaman

More brilliant than Chuck Noris!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MarcoNecroX on Sat Jan 18, 2014 10:32 pm

10pt rapture
max plague
max dragon oath (it seems people dont realise that aside from giving morph, the skill does awesome damage)
max deva king
max blessed life
enough in lionheart for 1000%tcd

MarcoNecroX
Malthael

Führer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GoDLloyD on Sat Jan 18, 2014 10:49 pm

@MarcoNecroX wrote:
max dragon oath (it seems people dont realise that aside from giving morph, the skill does awesome damage)

ofc I know that it does quite the awesome dmg, which why it is my main skill on my holy casterdin, but I don't see any more reason than to put hard points for cdr on a meleedin, which is why I didn't consider it to be maxed out.
Thx all for the tips and stuff Wink

GoDLloyD
Quill Bear

TGGood 50

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by archon256 on Sat Jan 18, 2014 11:09 pm

I think the point Marco is making is that the base damage is so high that it's worth maxing on a melee pally too. Then you can alternate Retaliate (CC, damage, spread Plague) and Dragon Oath (big fire damage) for main skills.

archon256
Amazon Warrior

I Am Someone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by wow123400 on Sun Jan 19, 2014 12:36 am

Actually I am more interested in the caster version,but only with the dragon tree's spell seems not that helpful in early game,the stun arrows seems powerful,but kills pretty slow,the fire is very powerful,but still hard to find how it works,so I just use it as the old fire wall,lead monsters to walk on it,that summon wizard thingy,looks very powerful,but since I am only lvl 20,so can't see it's true power,maybe some oskill is needed in early game

For the retaliate part,I do not know about anything else,but Colosseum seems not that useful with a already lower timered dragon warrior and since the dragon hits so fast,maybe the dragon warrior could become some kinda proc machine just like superbeast,but this time,we even get accuse to lionheart and retaliate and another choice of uber skill  Very Happy 

wow123400
Malthael

High Posting Cookie Monster
TGGood 100

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by archon256 on Sun Jan 19, 2014 1:01 am

When I played new caster once I got the "summons" they were able to clear everything by themselves. Just drop summon in each new room, keep casting Dragon Oath so you don't lose morph, and move on. Later on you'll need to use Burnout against magic immunes, but until then the summons can kill everything on their own.

Just need some mana on kill (I used char orb) so you can keep up the summoning.

archon256
Amazon Warrior

I Am Someone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum