For all you Laz farmers out there...

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

For all you Laz farmers out there...

Post by callmecrazy on Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:13 am

I've been trying to kill Brother Laz for most of the time I've been on today and I've been unsuccessful at every turn. I've been watching videos of people using their Assassin's doing it and it doesn't look like they have any of the problems I am currently having. It seems like most of them use the Sin's BRC challenge for mass fear to get rid of the dudes, which I've tried (my timing might be off, not sure). Then they purify him, maybe hit him a few times and run off. My problem is that when he pounces on me, I'm just dead. I've looked for a guide and haven't really seen a good on on the forums that really goes into it so I'm looking for suggestions.

I'm using my Assassin, I have max block, about 57% avoid from PB, ~5k life (I know it's low), some defense, and whatnot.
My gear is pretty sub-par and I'm planning on improving it before I go off and try again.
So I guess I'm looking for gear suggestions also.
Right now I'm using: Apeskull helm, Hratli's Craft armor, crafted Sin shield (for atmg and dex bonus), crafted boots/belt/gloves for dex bonus, Lo RW in my weapon for 33% slow, ripstar ring for OW, Assur's Bane for purify, Death ward ammy for curse length reduction. I'm planning on getting a Natasha, the Assassin armor to use as a step up from Hratli's.

Another thing I'm confused on is the mechanics.
It seems that Laz pounces on you, summons dudes, spawns totems, and then deathstrikes like a madman.
Is there a delay between when Laz pounces on you and when he summons dudes?

But... I think my biggest problem is just my gear. Thanks in advance.

Edit: I've been watching one of Marco's videos ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqLm8pLfYjI ) and in it he was killing the totems and Laz wasn't healing but in the docs is says it does. Does it only heal if he is within a specific range?

Also, in the description to that video he says there is a detailed thread for Laz, or maybe his joke run, and I cannot find it.

callmecrazy
Steelfur Titan

TGBest 1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: For all you Laz farmers out there...

Post by Sexen on Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:33 am

Pounce ignores everything when it comes to laz. Seems like avoid doesn't work against it either. 5k life is why you instant die. Try to get the maximum ias/fhr/FBR/lots of frw/velocity. To kill laz you must use the run-n-gun method. Always keep moving and cast purify on his face the second he pwnce you. Avoid will be good for everything besides his pwnce so try to get more then you have. You can obtain 65% not counting any avoid gear you might wear from doing all max level quests and taha rune word gloves and feel good inc. runeword body armor. Atmg is a horrible idea and so is using a naginata. You want single target damage and not aoe to keep from destroying totems. Blink is also a great skill to stun groupies and get yourself out of tough situations. Most importantly you need luck and practice Wink

Sexen
Howling Spirit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by callmecrazy on Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:44 am

Alright. So I do have 57% avoid ATM from skills, 5 from cc, 5 from armor so 67 total. I am using ATMG because that was how I built and beyond that the ATMG sentries will not target the totems, so they won't kill them to heal Laz. And either way, does purify even matter off what weapon I'm using? I have been trying to run and gun but I die before I am able to run it seems. How would you suggest I get more life?

callmecrazy
Steelfur Titan

TGBest 1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PhoenixRising on Sun Jan 19, 2014 11:33 am

you can get life from Mo'ing with vita ( not recommended though, terribly slow), the other charms can give you alot of life aswell ( and since alot of them are flat attributes, you can get % vita from crafted gear) Smile

PhoenixRising
Heretic

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sexen on Sun Jan 19, 2014 5:37 pm

Dump in vita after you get max block. I have 480 points in vitality on my atmg assassin and 10,611 life. I use lah runes to up %stats and I'm using gulag's frenzy (bad choice for laz since broadside on kill), royal circlet, 2x empryean bands and almost all charms. Atmg is still a bad idea because your on striking procs might still accidently kill the totems when trying to kill groupies. Weapon doesn't matter (I suggest broad sword because it has -20 attack speed making max IAS easier to obtain) just make sure you get close to 100% open wounds from gear. Flat damage reduction will also help in reducing the amount of physical damage you take on top of the 50% dr I hope you have obtained (easy from shadow refuge).

Sexen
Howling Spirit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by arcology on Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:59 pm

@Sexen wrote:Pounce ignores everything when it comes to laz. Seems like avoid doesn't work against it either. 5k life is why you instant die. Try to get the maximum ias/fhr/FBR/lots of frw/velocity. To kill laz you must use the run-n-gun method. Always keep moving and cast purify on his face the second he pwnce you. Avoid will be good for everything besides his pwnce so try to get more then you have. You can obtain 65% not counting any avoid gear you might wear from doing all max level quests and taha rune word gloves and feel good inc. runeword body armor. Atmg is a horrible idea and so is using a naginata. You want single target damage and not aoe to keep from destroying totems. Blink is also a great skill to stun groupies and get yourself out of tough situations. Most importantly you need luck and practice Wink

How do you get 65%? I have 59% with it smaxed..

Also, don't attempt laz before doing at least all of the other MXL ubers.. you should have decent gear and 10k life.

arcology
Onyx Knight

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Quirinus on Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:04 pm

Anyone know if nightmare would prevent his heal?

Quirinus
Creature of Flame

Bloody High Five
TGGood none

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RollsRoyce on Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:17 pm

no cause his heal comes from totems

RollsRoyce
The Smith

롤스로이스 ☆☆☆☆
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Quirinus on Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:19 pm

Thanks, suspected so.

Quirinus
Creature of Flame

Bloody High Five
TGGood none

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sexen on Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:34 pm

@arcology wrote:
@Sexen wrote:Pounce ignores everything when it comes to laz. Seems like avoid doesn't work against it either. 5k life is why you instant die. Try to get the maximum ias/fhr/FBR/lots of frw/velocity. To kill laz you must use the run-n-gun method. Always keep moving and cast purify on his face the second he pwnce you. Avoid will be good for everything besides his pwnce so try to get more then you have. You can obtain 65% not counting any avoid gear you might wear from doing all max level quests and taha rune word gloves and feel good inc. runeword body armor. Atmg is a horrible idea and so is using a naginata. You want single target damage and not aoe to keep from destroying totems. Blink is also a great skill to stun groupies and get yourself out of tough situations. Most importantly you need luck and practice Wink

How do you get 65%? I have 59% with it smaxed..

Also, don't attempt laz before doing at least all of the other MXL ubers.. you should have decent gear and 10k life.

Class charm gives 5%. You get 60% from perfect being with all +max skill level quests completed (5 on class charm, 1 on cfm, 2 legacy of blood, 1 moon of the spider) and wearing taha runeword gloves and Feel good inc. runeword body armor. 29 hard points in the skill gives 60%.

Sexen
Howling Spirit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum