Pummel mechanics and some more

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Pummel mechanics and some more

Post by xjry123 on Sun Jan 19, 2014 12:20 pm

Current building a melee treewarden built around nimm, sbs and sky spirit, using pummel as main attack. Pretty obvious, using sbs to increase on striking effect with its aoe mod, because in my standing and testing, pummel's aoe is pretty small. But when I look into changelog since cMXL, seems pummel has 9.3 yard radius splash effect? Because the last three changes are ND 3-2, magic conversion (made by marco) and 7-9.3 yard radius splash (made by laz in omega). It is kind of weird to me, hopefully someone can tell exactly how it works.  Clap Clap 

Also when I tested the shield part in SP, I found Stormflyer is still not working (tested using "that new formula"), I'm not sure it spawns in TSW or not(haven't been played here since Sep, I think) but I think should spawn in SP too if it does spawn in TSW, it's a common SSU.

BTW, that new formula is, hmm, kind of ruining the MF fun, I don't really like it although it won't change the trade market that much  Nope 2  Just my 2 cents, no offense  Dancing 

xjry123
Hivehost

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Pummel mechanics and some more

Post by RollsRoyce on Sun Jan 19, 2014 5:47 pm

sbs has area effect dmg anyway so idk if you really should use pummel since both have nd ~better use area effect + wildfire

RollsRoyce
The Smith

롤스로이스 ☆☆☆☆
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by xjry123 on Sun Jan 19, 2014 6:02 pm

@RollsRoyce wrote:sbs has area effect dmg anyway so idk if you really should use pummel since both have nd ~better use area effect + wildfire

Actually if it does have a 9 yard radius, i may just consider using some other armor instead of SBS. and sure ND is a great concern, just because I thought pummels has an aoe less than 5 yard radius, I decided to pick SBS to increase that effect a bit. WF is a crappy skill in my opinion, for that slow "offhand" animation and not good damage, and if I want to max WF ( 1 point for pummel in pummel build), skill point is a bit hard to distribute because I decided to max Idol of Scolgen for defense buff and that "shockwave" to help trigger on striking proc.

xjry123
Hivehost

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by grimjerk on Sun Jan 19, 2014 6:39 pm

Wildfire damage gets better once you have force of nature because you benefit from points in strength twice. Still not a big fan myself.

grimjerk
Prince Albrecht

Grumpy Uncle Grimjerk knows best!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RollsRoyce on Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:18 pm

maxing pummel grants AR and 1000% ewd ~~~ if im using pummel im actually maxing it...oh and towards all that say wildfire sucks ...try with balefire proc weapon Very Happy

RollsRoyce
The Smith

롤스로이스 ☆☆☆☆
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by xjry123 on Mon Jan 20, 2014 3:49 am

@RollsRoyce wrote:maxing pummel grants AR and 1000% ewd ~~~ if im using pummel im actually maxing it...oh and towards all that say wildfire sucks ...try with balefire proc weapon Very Happy

The reason why I do 1 point pummel in this kind of build is because it's proc based, those tornado or other WDM procs can't benefit from that AR, ewd from hard points put into pummel.

Balefire proc is truly amazing, mostly using on my UMP. Will try on treewarden too, but is 9# druid helm's oskill a better choice due to its high attack speed? Meh, need some testing.  Cool  But it's different build of course

xjry123
Hivehost

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by xjry123 on Mon Jan 20, 2014 3:54 am

@grimjerk wrote:Wildfire damage gets better once you have force of nature because you benefit from points in strength twice. Still not a big fan myself.

Same. I don't really like those melee casting skills, although UMP is a great fun (but I like its proc combination but not those lemures or blood thorns skills). Plus, wildfire's damage still sucks compared to fire rain or hunting banshee(before nerfed) even when after FON coming in.

xjry123
Hivehost

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RollsRoyce on Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:02 am

the thing with wildfire is:

if you attack a single target with noone around that target takes a shitload of dmg, but as soon as anything is around that target you almost deal no dmg at all to it

RollsRoyce
The Smith

롤스로이스 ☆☆☆☆
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum