Short Questions Thread

Page 91 of 100 Previous  1 ... 47 ... 90, 91, 92 ... 95 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Short Questions Thread

Post by iomanip on Fri Feb 14, 2014 4:52 pm

@grimjerk wrote:Damn it do they teach nothing in school anymore? 

PROBABALISTIC EVENTS ARE DISCRETE.

You kill Priestess 1: chance to drop trophy 2%
You kill Priestess 2: chance to frop trophy 2%
You kill Priestess n+1: chance to drop trophy 2%

Its like you have million jars. Each jar has 98 black marbles and 2 white marbles. It make no difference how many you reach into, the odd of pulling out a white marble out of the jar you have your hand in will always be 2%

LOL, good answer to an unasked question! You're confusing basic probability with statistics. Do they teach you nothing in school anylonger?

EDIT: See Archon256.

But I believe the answer then is that YES, any one of the three priestesses can drop the trophy...

thx,
iomanip

iomanip
Que-Hegan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by zaphodbrx on Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:27 pm

@pa5call wrote:Hireling's max lvl is limited to -1 to your lvl. There are no mercenaries at 120  Tongue

Ok, that sux a lot. I guess I'll have to make a new Nih armor and Vith belt MO'ed to the appropriate level, instead of handing down the items that I used for my main character previously.

zaphodbrx
Bane Hunter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by zaphodbrx on Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:31 pm

New question, is there any way to get a particular type of shrine? I want to get hidden shrines, but they seem to be EXTREMELY rare ( only got one so far ).

zaphodbrx
Bane Hunter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by archon256 on Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:33 pm

Nope. The best you can do is farm areas with a shrine bias (Fauztinville and The Void) and hope it drops.

archon256
Amazon Warrior

I Am Someone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ~CopyKat~ on Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:09 pm

@grimjerk wrote:Damn it do they teach nothing in school anymore? 

PROBABALISTIC EVENTS ARE DISCRETE.

You kill Priestess 1: chance to drop trophy 2%
You kill Priestess 2: chance to frop trophy 2%
You kill Priestess n+1: chance to drop trophy 2%

Its like you have million jars. Each jar has 98 black marbles and 2 white marbles. It make no difference how many you reach into, the odd of pulling out a white marble out of the jar you have your hand in will always be 2%

I think what he meant to say was the PROBABILITY that he killed 100 priesteses and did NOT get a trophy is (98/100)^100=13.26%, that mean he has 86.74% that after killing them a hundred times one trophy will drop. Not really 88%.
That is, the odds of pulling one white marble from one jar is 2%, the odds of pulling out a white after trying 100 jars is 86.74% not the same 2%.

Am i right?  Dizzy

~CopyKat~
Stygian Watcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by romanN1 on Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:23 pm

What raises the spell damage of sorc spell named bladestorm? Neutral

romanN1
The Smith

Mr. Nice Guy

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/user/winstonjaegarn

Back to top Go down

Post by archon256 on Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:32 pm

@romanN1 wrote:What raises the spell damage of sorc spell named bladestorm? Neutral
Bladestorm is a magical attack, not a spell. That's why it has a weapon damage modifier in the description. So you raise its damage the same way you would with other sword-wielding chars, more damage on your weapon, more +ele damage from gear, etc.

archon256
Amazon Warrior

I Am Someone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by romanN1 on Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:42 pm

I understand. This is my first sword wielder so the etc. isn't helping Smile).

romanN1
The Smith

Mr. Nice Guy

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/user/winstonjaegarn

Back to top Go down

Post by iomanip on Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:11 pm

@~CopyKat~ wrote:

I think what he meant to say was the PROBABILITY that he killed 100 priesteses and did NOT get a trophy is (98/100)^100=13.26%, that mean he has 86.74% that after killing them a hundred times one trophy will drop. Not really 88%.
That is, the odds of pulling one white marble from one jar is 2%, the odds of pulling out a white after trying 100 jars is 86.74% not the same 2%.

Am i right?  Dizzy

Right, 1.0 - 0.98^100. Even after an infinite number of drops, it's not actually guaranteed to get it. It's EXTREMELY probable, but not guaranteed. After 50 drops, the chance is ~64%.

/io

iomanip
Que-Hegan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaljurei on Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:25 pm

@archon256 wrote:
@Kaljurei wrote:I was planning to make a Holy Melee Paladin, but I now notice that Hammerstrike and Retaliate both have a 2s spell timer. Does this reduce with hard points? If no, then how are you expected to play this character, using autoattacks between every other spell? Kind of ridiculous.
You can Retaliate freely for 2s whenever something hits you. So if you run through a pack of monsters you can Retaliate non-stop. This will not work against spell-casting enemies. However there is a Dragon morph in the tree next to it that gives you the ability to Retaliate freely when you're in the morph. The morph has a timer that reduces with skill points.

I knew about Retaliate's "timer", but the 2s Spell Timer on Hammerstrike was worrisome. However when I played it I observed no spell timer on Hammerstrike. However, I think that Retaliate and Hammerstrike lock each other out for 2 seconds, but I'm not sure about that yet. Will check and let you know.

I'm not sure if Colosseum does this to these two spells as well.

Kaljurei
Darkwarden

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 91 of 100 Previous  1 ... 47 ... 90, 91, 92 ... 95 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum