rings and amulets ?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

rings and amulets ?

Post by deseo818 on Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:46 am

well my ? is can all unique amulets and rings with plus 2 all skills be upgraded to plus 3 all or is their only a selected few?
reason im asking is because ive tried on several but had no luck getting it to a plus 3 from 2.
anyone now if u can on all or just a few uniques

deseo818
Balrog

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: rings and amulets ?

Post by archon256 on Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:41 am

It's a 20% chance that works on all items.

archon256
Amazon Warrior

I Am Someone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Arc_Razer on Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:43 am

luck upgrade is based around item string, all items (even two of the same uniques) have differant item string, luck requires a part of this to be correct (hence 20% chance to work) ammys can get up to 4 skills as you can find a plus 3 rare and rings have +10% spell damage when luck works

Arc_Razer
Arachnida

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by deseo818 on Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:03 am

i see so the max for an amulet is 4 so whats the max a ring can have?
been trying to get rings with plus 2 to 3 with the charm but no luck the good thing is farming charms to do rings is easy.
the bad thing is i havent had luck getting a plus 1 on any ring ive tried.
also does the extra luck oil improve chances for amulets of getting the plus.

deseo818
Balrog

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Arc_Razer on Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:10 am

the max a ring can have is 3 skills, however that is only on certain unique (like SonK) with a lottery upgrade which is differant to lucky upgrade (5% chance btw) most rings can only have 1 skill maybe 2 if lottery successful.

Arc_Razer
Arachnida

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by munkyh3ad on Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:31 pm

For unique (gold) amulets if you want the bonus of +1 All Skills you just have to get lucky with the Oil of Luck (20% chance) recipe or Oil of More Luck (30% chance), this special oil is obtained after getting the "Special Box" from Griswold in Tristam (Terror difficulty) and transmuting the "Special Box" with a regular Oil of Luck to obtain Oil of More Luck. As for unique (gold) rings you have to get even more lucky with the Lottery upgrade (5% chance), but this is the only way to have +2 All Skill on some unique rings that already have +1 All Skill before you apply for the Lottery bonus.

For rare items (yellow) the item level must be taken into account when looking for the prefix 1-3 All Skills for amulets and 1 All Skills for rings. You can find the item level required for any affix to spawn in the documentation or this list here http://grig.vlexofree.com/itemprops-3d.html If you want rings with +1 All Skills you need the item level to be 36 or higher. In case of amulets if you want amulets with +1 All Skills you need item level from 19 to 68, for +2 All Skills you need the item level to be 38 or higher and for +3 All Skills item level must be 80 or higher. After you have the desired prefix you can apply for the Lucky bonus with the Oil of Luck or Oil of More Luck, and hope to get a bonus +1 All Skills on amulets, or +10% Spell Damage on rings.

What i do early on, when i get to Act2 Hatred difficulty is get any rare (yellow) ring/amulet regardless of item level and search any desert area for a Dragon Egg to break and kill the Baal Spawn (big dragon that on death grants for 60 sec free rare item rerolls and always outputs item level of 40). So i use the free reroll recipe until i get + All Skils and then add Oil of Luck. If the recipe is not successful, i am always left with a rare ring/amulet with item level 40, and this i can regularly reroll (with the green Oil of Renewal) until i get the desired All Skills prefix and then cube it with purple Oil of Luck (20% chance to work). Or better yet cube it with Oil of More Luck (30% chance).

Another thing i do is go to Tran Athulua, found at Halls of the Dead Level 3 (Dry Hills) because here the items that drop always have an item level of 60 so i pick up those rings/amulets and use them for the regular reroll recipe with Oil of Renewal (not the free reroll recipe after killing Baal Spawn because it will reduce the item level to 40). Even a magic (blue) ring/amulet found in Tran Athulua has item level 60 and you can use the item quality recipe and transmute it into a rare (yellow) one but with some loss in item level, yet from my experience it will still have enough item level to spawn + All Skills if you use the reroll recipe with Oil of Renewal and then Oil of Luck or Oil of More Luck.

munkyh3ad
Dark Lady

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by deseo818 on Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:41 pm

THANKS FOR THE HELP GUYS.
this helped alot and yea great tips munky that will help me so much.

deseo818
Balrog

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Quirinus on Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:28 pm

you can summon the dragon egg

Quirinus
Creature of Flame

Bloody High Five
TGGood none

View user profile