[v6d] Tantrumsin [WIP]

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [v6d] Tantrumsin [WIP]

Post by Splift on Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:52 pm

That is sorta weird, lower level item has more affixes? In any case its still (relatively) easy to get tantrum on a lower level bow. On a barb its even recommendable for end game since you would rather have more mo space than some extra max damage since wolves have your phys dmg and leech covered. Those 30 or so levels of mo space could be cb, ar% or even warbringer umo for more ctc.

Edit: actually I still don't accept there being a lower chance of getting tantrum on a lower level item. Most of those extra affixes are all sharing the same line so you can't simply say that twice the affixes= 2x harder to roll.
Splift
Blood Stone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aahz on Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:32 pm

Splift: I won't force you to accept it, but it's not only teorycrafting from me, as I actually did test it and while Tantrum has probability ~0.013 (= 1.3%) to spawn on ilvl99 (short war) bow, it's only ~0.008 on ilvl71 bow...

(I'm not saying it's not worth it to use ilvl71 to exclude high lvl req. affixes and provide more MO space...)
aahz
Cathedral Drow

Server Hoster

View user profile http://tsw.vn.cz

Back to top Go down

Post by kroner on Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:20 am

I thought that affixes spawned from any ilvl pool up to and including the items ilvl... Why would a higher ilvl item not spawn with affixes that were available at ilvl 71?
kroner
Glowing Blob

TGGood 5

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Splift on Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:13 am

Because weaker affixes also have a max level. ie you wont see 100% ed spawn on a lvl 99 craft for example.

I am not 100% sure but I still think there is something you aren't factoring into your calculations. For example there may be 3x the amount of ar% affixes, but only one of those can be rolled and I doubt that failed rolls on the same affix type will exclude others. Otherwise you could end up with a 1 line rare because it tried to roll ar% 5 times

Plus by that same logic of more affixes= less chances of the ones you want you could apply it to higher level ones as well. For example, there can only be one proc line and lvl 99 craft has more procs available like hammertime etc. Not sure if any more oskills are available on higher lvl crafts... the same could apply to those as well.

edit: plus how do you test that? If you are doing a real in game test with clicker and recording results that may be fairly legit... but to get accurate stats on such a low probability you would have to do a ridiculous amount of tests.
Splift
Blood Stone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MarcoNecroX on Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:00 am

the chances are the same for both ilvls

(this is sarcasm)

Malthael

Führer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aahz on Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:16 am

@Splift wrote:I am not 100% sure but I still think there is something you aren't factoring into your calculations. For example there may be 3x the amount of ar% affixes, but only one of those can be rolled and I doubt that failed rolls on the same affix type will exclude others. Otherwise you could end up with a 1 line rare because it tried to roll ar% 5 times
So before first roll affix pools are 144/74, then if AR is choosed as a first affix, pools will be 139/72
if second affix will roll as ED%, pools will be 123/67
3. affix will be IAS% = pools 119/66
as you can see affix pool for ilvl71 is still much higher then for ilvl99, so chance to roll Tantrum on ilbl71 bow is lower.
@Splift wrote:Plus by that same logic of more affixes= less chances of the ones you want you could apply it to higher level ones as well. For example, there can only be one proc line and lvl 99 craft has more procs available like hammertime etc. Not sure if any more oskills are available on higher lvl crafts... the same could apply to those as well.
that's it, more affixes in the affix pool=less chance it will end with the one you want - but for the whole affix pool, not only for one group (like procs, oskills...), because each affix is choosed from the pool of available affixes and then (for the next roll) all other affixes from the same group are removed from the pool.
@Splift wrote:edit: plus how do you test that? If you are doing a real in game test with clicker and recording results that may be fairly legit... but to get accurate stats on such a low probability you would have to do a ridiculous amount of tests.
exactly like that, d2clicker and crapload of tests...
aahz
Cathedral Drow

Server Hoster

Back to top Go down

Post by Splift on Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:06 am

Isn't there also a rarity modifier though? And I would assume that the higher level mods are less rare to compensate for the fact that there is less of them, otherwise things like ed% would also be more rare which is not the case afaik.

Plus are you sure it rolls against the whole list and not as groups?
Splift
Blood Stone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MarcoNecroX on Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:17 am

Plus are you sure it rolls against the whole list and not as groups?

If it was rolled by groups then chances of the two ilvls would be the same; considering there are no oskills with an ilvl higher than 71 on weaps.

Malthael

Führer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aahz on Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:51 pm

@Splift wrote:Isn't there also a rarity modifier though? And I would assume that the higher level mods are less rare to compensate for the fact that there is less of them, otherwise things like ed% would also be more rare which is not the case afaik.
Of course there is rarity modifier...anyway I suggest we move further discussion to shrine crafting thread if you want to continue...
aahz
Cathedral Drow

Server Hoster

Back to top Go down

Post by Therferon on Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:59 pm

+1 for the unique build, seems very solid and actually wanted me try it out.

Just wanted to correct an issue, so people might wanna think twice about eqipping these gloves
@stoya wrote:
2) Facebreaker ssu chain gloves : %1 life on striking!

its actually +1 life on striking d2 font makes +'s seems like %'s
Therferon
Bloodfire Rogue

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: