Teachings of Kassar - the kerrisin v2.0

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Teachings of Kassar - the kerrisin v2.0

Post by Brother Laz on Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:02 pm

Zenmistress De Templari has been woefully underrepresented in this land of OP since forever. Let's fix that, shall we?

The spells still scale with energy but are supposed to massively multihit, solving the damage cap issue and allowing extra-pm to work on them (or extra-[element]). They also benefit from +energy items now.
Mindshards grant +50% total AC and +200% energy for 1 second when picked up.

Telekinetic Tantrum
Launches random furniture and objects in ballistic arcs in all directions (Hurricane has some useful animations; make each of the 8/16 directions a different object and use volcano movefuncs) dealing rand elemental damage based on energy in a small AoE on impact and spawning a Mindshard where each object lands. If you have the Mindshard buff, fires once per frame instead of once per 2 frames (that doesn't overlap with the buff params, right? I forgot...).

Rand elemental damage includes poison, so your crybaby 2.0 can use kill procs.

Catastrophe
Fires a void bolt that pierces enemies and spawns a black orb at the end of its range. This orb then shoots the same void bolt towards the nearest target at a rate of 1 per second for 2 seconds before dissipating. Repeat up to 5 times. Deals physical damage based on energy. Each orb is also a Mindshard. If you have the Mindshard buff, fires at two nearby targets per second.

This is the crowd killer spell.

Psionic Storm
Press and hold the mouse button to cast a ground target AoE that deals high amounts of frame based magic damage based on energy. Each second, drops a Mindshard at the location of all enemies inside the area. If you have the Mindshard buff, deals triple damage.

This is for single targets and small crowds.

Pinnacle
Passive: grants evasion and increases the duration of the Mindshard buff by 0.1 second per 2 hard points.

Viable now?

Last edited by Brother Laz on Thu Jan 23, 2014 3:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

Brother Laz
Care Bear

Flying Polar Buffalo Error

View user profile http://modsbylaz.vn.cz/

Back to top Go down

Re: Teachings of Kassar - the kerrisin v2.0

Post by Sexen on Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:17 pm

Only one thing I don't get. Do you propose Pinnacle to work with perfect being? If so it sounds OP.

Rest of the skills look very interesting Very Happy

Sexen
Howling Spirit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by archon256 on Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:18 pm

Hah, interesting. Was this influenced by my Kerrisin whining?

Some things to note:
Riftwalk (as a replacement to Blink, presumably) would basically give every 'sin +250% total AC and +200% energy And since every 'sin maxes Perfect Being (now Pinnacle), duration isn't a problem no matter the build. Wait, what's AC.

A random elemental skill doesn't seem like a good way to proc kill procs. You'd need the poison damage to make the kill and the other elements would steal kills from it. So I see this as being inferior to the other skills or overshadowing them depending on the damage, not leading to a separate killproc build.

The other two spells seem fine. Psi Storm as a boss-killer and Catastrophe for large crowds is basically what the Kerrisin needs right now. The build right now lacks screen-wide AoE (not that big a deal since Tiefling morph allows you to rapidly cast Psi Storms all over the place) and sorely lacks a boss-killing ability. There's also the issue of lacking a good way to deal with magic immunes (I'm using Devouring Cloud oskill to make up for that) and your suggestion would fix that as well.

Also Shuriken Flurry is ass, and Catastrophe seems like it would be much better.

archon256
Amazon Warrior

I Am Someone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Brother Laz on Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:28 pm

@archon256 wrote:Was this influenced by my Kerrisin whining?

Not at all, when have I EVER listened to whining?  Razz  Razz  Razz  Razz  Razz  Razz  Razz  Razz 

@archon256 wrote:Riftwalk (as a replacement to Blink, presumably) would basically give every 'sin +250% total AC and +200% energy And since every 'sin maxes Perfect Being (now Pinnacle), duration isn't a problem no matter the build. Wait, what's AC.

Yes, if you blink and then walk over a shard, which by definition is on top of each enemy (which are also stunned). The fastest way to get at them is by killing the monsters, but knockback (does Barrier Strike still exist?) would also do.

@archon256 wrote:A random elemental skill doesn't seem like a good way to proc kill procs. You'd need the poison damage to make the kill and the other elements would steal kills from it. So I see this as being inferior to the other skills or overshadowing them depending on the damage, not leading to a separate killproc build.

If it multihits, it just does every element at the same time. Not sure how that actually works in terms of kill procs...? ie What happens when Scorpion Blade's physical damage gets the kill? What if it's 2 frames instead of 1?

@Sexen wrote:Only one thing I don't get. Do you propose Pinnacle to work with perfect being? If so it sounds OP.

It replaces PB, seeing as PB is already at that spot in the tree. Also, Perfect Being is a dumb name (and a wild Fifth Element reference). I was a moron 6 years ago. Sad

Brother Laz
Care Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by archon256 on Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:31 pm

@Brother Laz wrote:
Not at all, when have I EVER listened to whining?  Razz  Razz  Razz  Razz  Razz  Razz  Razz  Razz 
Riiiight.  Very Happy 

@Brother Laz wrote:
Yes, if you blink and then walk over a shard, which by definition is on top of each enemy (which are also stunned). The fastest way to get at them is by killing the monsters, but knockback (does Barrier Strike still exist?) would also do.
Yeah, but my point is that this change would affect every single 'sin build for free, not just Kerrisins. Not sure if that's OP or not.

@Brother Laz wrote:
If it multihits, it just does every element at the same time. Not sure how that actually works in terms of kill procs...? ie What happens when Scorpion Blade's physical damage gets the kill? What if it's 2 frames instead of 1?
Scorpion Blade does WDM, right. So it'd proc kills no matter what.
This skill would need to be tested with kill procs I guess.

archon256
Amazon Warrior

I Am Someone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sexen on Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:06 am

Oops I thought this was a caster tree revision as they are all spells Laughing

AC = Attribute challenge? Razz

Sexen
Howling Spirit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by whist on Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:11 am

AC = Armor Class = Defense

Total AC = TCD

whist
Nihlathak

Huehuehue™

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sexen on Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:29 am

DOH! Derp

Sexen
Howling Spirit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by archon256 on Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:23 am

@whist wrote:AC = Armor Class = Defense

Total AC = TCD
That's what I guessed.
Giving AC to all 'sin builds =  Shocked 

Also I prefer Marco's approach of giving Kerrisins 0 def and bonus life instead, because then you don't need to bother with equipping gear with good def that you don't have the strength or dex to wear anyway (okay, so the morph also gives bonus dex and str, but you can use that to just barely wear the lowest req sacreds without crying over losing defense).

Maybe make Mindshard's bonus be bonus HP and have it scale with hard points into the three Kerrisin spells?

archon256
Amazon Warrior

I Am Someone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Brother Laz on Thu Jan 23, 2014 3:31 pm

Defense makes slightly more sense than life though. It also doesn't suffer from the 32K display cap.

I don't think you can scale warcry bonuses with hard points in anything. I remember it ignoring them.

Edit: removed Blink change, nerfed Pinnacle.
Edit2: right, SB was WDM. I'm a retard. Sad

Is there already a spell called Tempest? Might be a better name for Catastrophe...

Brother Laz
Care Bear

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum